View Full Version : please help me!

tunatriceps
04-09-14, 10:27 PM
hey guys! im new to this forum and just have a couple of questions!
i was just diagnosed with adhd and im a girl who generally receives good grades but im a perfectionist and stress myself out too much. my doctor told me that i have adhd and im on concerta and ritalin now, but for some reason i just feel like i dont actually have it and its making me feel really guilty! i dont know! does anyone else feel like this? sometimes theres just way too many things going through my head and i get super super stressed out for no reason...
also, just another random thing- i always need to have something in my hands to play with in class too or I will otherwise start to pick at my skin... i know this is weird, but do people have any suggestions of ways to keep my hands occupied? thanks so so so much everyone i really appreciate it!!!

USMCcop
04-09-14, 11:08 PM
Why do you think you "don't have" it? Did you as a child? How does the medicine feel?

kwalk
04-11-14, 01:54 AM
Drum beats got me through high school. I still do it by myself lol

kwalk
04-11-14, 02:01 AM
Are you pretty new to high school? I feel like school gets harder to cope in high school and the environment is more stimulating at first. If your doctor thinks you have it, it's a good chance. Honestly if someone knows you well or just a random person could notice you have it. What you are talking about with your hands is a form of fidgeting and it can be a sign hyperactivity in a way.

sarahsweets
04-11-14, 04:12 AM
What prompted you to have the evaluation?

Baal Moom
04-13-14, 08:17 PM
I think discussing your doubts with the doctor who diagnosed you could help. Tell them about your doubts and ask them to explain what qualifies you for a diagnosis. It seems reasonable to me.