View Full Version : Spend a Day Prepping Freezer Meals to Avoid Meal Time Stress Later

Unmanagable
04-13-14, 01:21 PM
I try to do prep work pretty often to make eating healthier much less of a pain in the a**. It's almost become habit for me now.

Cleaning the fruits and veggies, chopping, marinating, freezing, dehydrating, making snack packs to grab instead of fast food or packaged snacks, make ahead smoothie packs to toss in the blender, etc.

It helps lessen the anxiety and dread throughout the rest of the week, big time, as far as meal prep and figuring out what to fix.

This site has some freeze ahead meal recipes and some good tips:

http://handmadebymegk.blogspot.ca/2013/09/freezer-meal-recipe-round-up.html

mrs. dobbs
04-18-14, 01:54 AM
I have to go all the way through the supermarket straight to the produce section FIRST if I am going to make anything wonderful at all.

mrs. dobbs
04-18-14, 01:57 AM
Whoa, those are really great ideas on that blog. I don't have a crock pot yet (isn't that crazy??) but I do have two freezers.

mrs. dobbs
04-18-14, 01:58 AM
I wish you ran a home economics camp and I could come stay there for the summer!

Unmanagable
04-18-14, 02:38 AM
I hope to one day, within the next few years-ish.....lol, have a healthy cooking/meditative awareness/percussion and rhythm/forest and gardening kind of healing gig of some sort happening. When I arrive, I'll give ya' a hoot so you can grab the lil' toot and c'mon over. :)

mrs. dobbs
04-18-14, 06:35 AM
If I am not broke, I am sooo there!!

Unmanagable
04-18-14, 11:58 AM
Or......we can just enjoy being broke together and barter time and skills. Having a private jet could help a lot though, huh? lol I really wish bartering could catch on again in this crazy world full of materialistic crap. The lack of money blocks us from so f'n much. It makes me ill to think about it. Bleh.

mrs. dobbs
04-18-14, 02:01 PM
I am all for bartering economies, mutual aid, anarchist microgrants (e.g. giving things no strings attached), and Really Really Free markets. Now... to hustle up that jet ride.

BitCoin seemed like a cool way to get around the banksters but I don't know where it is headed now as it can track everyone who uses it and seems oddly like the no-cash thing going on here in Europe.

Either way, I hope you get your gig going, it sounds like just my thing. I can't wait to 'homestead'... that is the direction I am moving in. I am not resourceful or tough or experienced so not much of a squatter. So... gotta save some money for it.

Abi
04-18-14, 03:05 PM
troll>

or buy KFC and beer :)

/troll>

Unmanagable
04-18-14, 06:03 PM
If trolls come to my hood, they get to kill, pluck, and cook their own chicken and brew their own beer. lol Gives a new meaning to have it your way. :)

Abi
04-18-14, 06:13 PM
I honestly do feel a lot healthier since I stopped having KFC and beer everyday. :)

Unmanagable
04-18-14, 06:18 PM
I'm kinda scared to ask what you replaced it with. ;)