View Full Version : Can I drink alcohol on Loxapine and Concerta? (Please help)

JRE1234
04-19-14, 05:07 PM
Hello all. I am taking Loxapine (anipsychotic, 5mg) and Concerta (Alza, 18mg) for my ADHD. It's the easter weekend and I'm wanting to have a couple drinks.

The pharmacist said that one drink can be as strong as 2 or even 3 on them, and she said to be very careful and have one or 2. I still can't decide if that's even safe though... any experiences with this? anything helpful is appreciated.

My dependance on alcohol has been getting more severe since i had to quit marijuana due to having pre-psychotic symptoms.... I just don't know what to do at this point. I feel like i need SOMETHING to take the stress away and the idea of meds taking that away makes me want to go off em.

thanks guys.

Abi
04-19-14, 05:44 PM
I've never taken Loxapine but the 1/3rd rule applies with most sedating psych meds.

Go ahead and drink, but make sure you eat as well, don't drink more than 1/3 your usual tolerance level, and DON"T UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES DRIVE A VEHICE, EVEN IF YOU JUST HAVE ONE DRINK.

Happy Easter :)

JRE1234
04-19-14, 05:50 PM
Thanks, Abi. I have drank on just Loxapine before and been fine, but it's the concerta mixed with the loxapine that i'm worried about. Let's hope it's ok.