View Full Version : Vampire Mafia 15 (starts Apr 28)

Abi
04-20-14, 08:23 AM
HOW TO PLAY

1. There will be two teams, the INNOCENTS and the VAMPIRES. Initially, there are approximately 80% Innocents and 20% Vampires. There is also an unallied SERIAL KILLER who does not belong to either team. More about him later.

2. * The VAMPIRES will all be made aware of each others identities and will be informed of such by me via PM, and will work together.
* The INNOCENTS will also need to work as a team, but none of them will know whether another player is a Human (or Human-allied) or a Vampire.

3. There will be two phases, the DAY PHASE, and the NIGHT PHASE.

* In the DAY PHASE everyone will vote on the thread to STAKE one of the players as a VAMPIRE. The species and alignment of the Staked player will be revealed, and they will be eliminated.
* In the NIGHT PHASE the Vampires will choose a human to turn into a Vampire; by PMing me. They must also select and tell me which one of them will do the turning. (The Vampires may also choose to just kill someone instead of turning them, though it is almost always in the Vampires' interests to turn someone to increase their numbers.)

A "turned" human will become a VAMPIRE and be privy to the identities of the other Vampires, and will automatically become allied with them. A killed human will be eliminated.

4. The day and night phases will alternate until a win condition is met:
* The INNOCENTS win if they kill off all the Vampires and the Serial Killer.
* The VAMPIRES win once they make up at least 50% of the population, and the Serial Killer has been killed or turned.
* The SERIAL KILLER wins if he is one of the final 2 surviving players.

5. * Each day phase shall last at least 24 hours real time.
* Each night phase shall last at least 24 hours real time.
* The durations of the Day and Night phases will be longer in real time over weekends, since some people actually have real lives in meatspace. :eek:
* The durations of the Day and Night phases *may* be reduced below the minimums above when the end of the game grows near.

Abi
04-20-14, 08:30 AM
Note: 1. The choice of either a male or female pronoun for each Special Role is random and purely for convenience. It says nothing about the actual gender of the player assigned the role.

2.Due to the relatively small number of players that have signed up for this game:
there are NO "surprise/secret" special roles. All roles are listed here;
there are NO secret items.

SPECIAL ROLES 1: VILLAINS

1. BOURBON VAMPIRE
Species: Vampire
Alignment: Vampires

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8264615/TVD/Characters/__damonBourbon.jpg

How many in this game? 1

Nature of role: Disabling, "Turning", Killing

The BOURBON VAMPIRE is like any other Vampire, except that he has an unlimited supply of Bourbon Whiskey.

Each evening, the BOURBON VAMPIRE quietly leaves a bottle of Bourbon at the door of one of the players. The player finds the whiskey, drinks the whole bottle, and passes out for the rest of the night. If the player concerned has a special night role, they will be unable to carry it out, because they would have passed out.

The Bourbon Vampire must PM me his target; he is allowed and encouraged to do so in the day phase due to the rules of chronology described later in this thread. Nevertheless, the Bourbon will only be actually delivered at the start of the night phase. He should also PM me a secondary target, in case his primary target is staked that day.

The Bourbon Vampire's special role is known to all other Vampires. He may discuss whom to send bourbon with his fellow Vampires, but the final decision is his own.

Identity Revelation: Revealed at the end of the game.

Special Notes:
Bourbon may not be sent to the same person on two consecutive days.

2. SERIAL KILLER
Species: Human
Alignment: Solo

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8264615/TVD/Characters/__evilaric.jpg

How many in this game? 1

Nature of role: Serial Killer

Once a respected Vampire Hunter himself, the SERIAL KILLER is now insane, and wants to kill anyone and everyone - Vampires and Innocents alike.

Each night phase, he may choose to kill any player.

The SERIAL KILLER wins the game if, and only if, he is one of the last 2 surviving players.

Identity Revelation: Revealed upon the Serial Killer's death.

Special Notes:
May be turned into a regular Vampire just like any other human.

Abi
04-20-14, 08:45 AM
SPECIAL ROLES 2: INNOCENTS

3. SHERIFF
Alignment: Innocents

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8264615/TVD/Characters/__liz_forbesSheriff.jpg

How many in this game? 1

Nature of role: Investigative, Tiebreaker

The SHERIFF is one the Innocents' greatest assets, and The Vampires' greatest threats.

Each night, the SHERIFF chooses one player to investigate, and can determine using an enchanted compass whether or not they are a VAMPIRE. If the Sheriff identifies a Vampire it is up to her to convince the rest of the players to stake the fiend the next day.

The Sheriff's compass cannot identify the Serial Killer as he is human, and so is immune to her investigations.

The Sheriff must PM me the name of one player to investigate each night phase, and I will inform her of the chosen player's species.

In the event of a tie for who to stake, the person the SHERIFF voted for will be staked. If there is a tie and the Sheriff is out of play, did not vote, or voted for someone other than the individuals involved in the tie, there will be no staking that day.

Identity Revelation: Only Revealed at the end of the game.

Special Notes: A human turned into a Vampire on night X will be regarded as being in transition for the duration of night X, and will investigate as human. Therefore, there is no reason for the Sheriff to delay her investigation till the end of the Night Phase. Similarly, there is no reason for the Vampires to delay turning their target.

4. DOCTOR

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8264615/TVD/Characters/__meredithDoctor.png

How many in this game? 1

Nature of role: Protective, Disabling

The DOCTOR is a PROTECTOR of the Innocents.

Each night, the DOCTOR sneaks into one player's room, and injects them with vervain which is toxic to Vampires.

If the injected party is:
* Human - she will be immune to any attacks by Vampires that night.
* Vampire - she will be knocked unconscious for the entire night, and not be able to engage in any night activities.

The Doctor must PM me her choice of "patient"; she is allowed and encouraged to do so in the day phase due to the rules of chronology described later on. Nevertheless, the Doctor will only actually administer the injection at the start of the night phase. She should also PM me a secondary "patient", in case her primary choice is staked that day.

Special Notes:
The Doctor IS ALLOWED to inject herself.
The Doctor MAY NOT inject the same person on two consecutive days.

5. HUNTER
Species: Supernatural Human

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8264615/TVD/Characters/__jeremyHunter.jpg

How many in this game? 1

Nature of role: Vigilante

The HUNTER has many nifty devices used for killing Vampires.

During each night phase, the HUNTER may CHOOSE to attempt to kill a suspected Vampire (by PM'ing me during the night phase). The Hunter may not know for sure that someone is a vampire, so he may accidentally kill an Innocent.

Identity Revelation: Revealed at the end of the game.

Special Notes:
Hunter's Curse:
The Hunter cannot be turned into a Vampire; an attempt to do so will cause the Hunter to die. If the Hunter dies at the hands of a Vampire, that Vampire will be afflicted by THE HUNTER'S CURSE. She will become insane and kill herself at the dawn of the second day phase following the Hunter's murder. The insane cursed Vampire can still play normally during the period prior to her suicide. The Hunter's Curse does not apply if a non-Vampire kills him, or if he is staked by the mob.

6. REPORTER

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8264615/TVD/Characters/__andieReporter.jpg

How many in this game? 1

Nature of role: Tracker/Watcher

Each night, the REPORTER chooses one person to SPY ON & FOLLOW around for the course of the night. At the end of the Night Phase, the reporter is informed of everyone (if anyone) her target visited, as well as everyone who visited her target while the target was at home. The Reporter is NOT informed of what specific actions occurred.

The Reporter must PM me the name of the player she wishes to spy on that night; she is allowed and encouraged to do so in the day phase due to the rules of chronology described below. She should also PM me a secondary target, in case her primary choice is staked that day.

Abilities & Vulnerabilities: The REPORTER is a more powerful role than one might guess. Technically, the Reporter is *almost* immune from night kills, since she spends the entire night spying on/following her chosen player. So, if she chooses to spy on someone every night, and informs me timeously, she will never be in her room if a potential attacker visits. The exception occurs if she is targeted by the Bourbon Vampire.

If the Reporter's identity is suspected or revealed, the Vampires would be advised to bourbonise her, and turn or kill her. If the Reporter reveals her identity and is believed by the Doctor, she can protect her by injecting her.

Special Notes:
If the Reporter is turned, she becomes a regular Vampire.

Abi
04-20-14, 08:57 AM
It's not too late! Sign up for Vampire Mafia 15 here (http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=157548).

Abi
04-28-14, 06:17 AM
QUESTIONS, COMMUNICATION AND RULE INFRACTIONS

1. If you have a question about the rules of the game of a general nature, please post the question on this thread, during the DAY PHASE, and I shall answer as soon as I can.

2. If you have a question relating specifically to the rules pertaining to your secret identity (Vampire, Serial Killer or Special Role) you may ask me via PM.

3. You are allowed to state on this thread, during the day phase that "Abi told me such and such in a PM". You may (honestly or falsely) claim roles, make accusations, and give whatever true or false information you wish to. However, please note:

(i) I will neither confirm nor deny the truth of any such statements; and
(ii) You may NOT cut and paste direct quotes from PM's. Nor are you allowed to fabricate direct quotes and claim they were sent via PM. "PM quoting" is a game-rule infraction*.

4. Vampires may communicate amoung themselves privately, as well as post on the game thread during the day phase. Vampires may NOT privately discuss material info about the game with non-Vampires.

Other players may not privately discuss material info about the game with any other player; they may only post on the game thread during the day phase.

Proven prohibited communication is a game-rule infraction*.

5. Please adhere to the ADDF guidelines. Guideline violations are game-rule infractions*, and will also be subject to forum moderation actions.

6. When players wish to exercise their special roles they must do so by PMing me. Do NOT contact any player directly.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
* Rule Infractions:

- For a first offense - I shall take appropriate (private) action to penalise the offender and her team.
- For a second offense - The offender will be expelled from the game.

Abi
04-28-14, 06:21 AM
ONE-SHOT IMMUNITY

One-Shot Immunity has been introduced to prevent the game from becoming unreasonably prejudicial against either side due to the death or turning of a high-power player very early in the game.

One-Shot Immunity (hereafter called OSI) will be assigned to:
(i) Bourbon Vampire;
(ii) Sheriff;
(iii) THREE randomly chosen non-Vampires, just to muddle things up. Note "non-Vampires" does not equate to "Innocent humans" - The Serial Killer is also eligible.

OSI will protect a player from the first action that would otherwise be guaranteed to result in them being killed (or turned, if human). If a player survives a night attack due to having OSI, the attacker will receive a message stating:

"Your attack against Player X was unsuccessful due to her having One-Shot Immunity."

The would-be victim will receive the message:

"An attack against you was blocked due to your One-Shot Immunity, which is now no longer active."

If a player with OSI receives the most votes to be staked during Day Phase, the player with the second-most votes will be staked, and it will be revealed on the thread that the player with the most votes had OSI.

One Exception: OSI has no protective effect on a Vampire afflicted by the Hunter's Curse.

Unlike in some of the previous games, OSI will only expire when "used"; there is no "expiration date" for OSI.

Abi
04-28-14, 06:25 AM
SOME FINAL GENERAL PRINCIPLES

1. Principle of Minimal Necessary Information

With respect to night actions, I shall only give the minimal necessary information regarding what occurred to the players involved. Particularly, a killed player will only be told their manner of death, not the identity of their killer.

At the beginning of the day phase, I shall only announce deaths on the game thread. The person killed, her manner of death, and species will be revealed. Special roles will be not be revealed in most cases.

If someone was turned, it will be announced since players need to keep a tally of how many Vampires and how many Innocents are in the game. Obviously, the identity of the turned human will not be revealed!

2. Principles of Chronology (Order) of Night Actions

In order to prevent paradoxes arising from night actions, they will be processed in the following order:

(i) a) Bourbon Vampire delivers bourbon.
b) Sheriff investigates someone.
c) Doctor injects someone.
d) Reporter begins spying on someone.

^^^The above 4 actions will be implemented in a (different) random order each day.
***Note: If I am only PM'd about the above actions after the start of the Night Phase, they will be implemented in order of receipt of PM's, just like the actions listed under (ii) below.

(ii) a) Vampires turn or kill someone.
b) Hunter kills someone.
c) Serial Killer kills someone.

^^^The above 3 actions will be implemented in chronological order of the PM's I receive from the concerned players.

(iii) Just before the start of the day phase, the Reporter obtains the results of her investigations.

3. Principles relating the the Narrator (ME!!)

(i) The Narrator is neutral.
This is self-explanatory. I am not biased towards either team.

(ii) The Narrator is sane.
In some games like this, there are insane narrators, who do things like give the investigator ("Cop", "Witch", etc.) false or random information. I shall always either answer direct questions honestly, or say that I am unable to answer that question.

(iii) Clues
Clues will play A MUCH SMALLER role in this game than in previous games, and will be confined mainly to the first few game "days".

About two-thirds of the clues will be valuable, the other one-third will be deliberately misleading. In keeping with the principles of neutrality and sanity, both teams will have roughly equal opportunity to benefit from the clues.

Abi
04-28-14, 02:07 PM
DAY ONE

The setting is a small town in New Jersey, an unofficial suburb of New York City. The time is 1978. Girls and guys are dancing to disco, dressing in Quiana, and making their hair as big as it can possibly be. People are listening to music on the very first Sony Walkman and playing Space Invaders, and Japanese cars are flooding the market. Is John Travolta hotter in “Saturday Night Fever,” or “Grease,” and did your parents even let you see either of those movies?

New York City has been terrorised by Son of Sam killer David Berkowitz – even though he was finally captured and sentenced to jail in June, fear of serial killers runs high in this suburb where so many Dads commute to jobs in the city. Rumours of crazy things happening in the People’s Temple of Guyana have parents on the lookout for signs that their teenagers might have been seduced by a cult.

At the start of the High School football season, bodies suddenly started turning up, drained of blood. Soon rumours of Vampires began surfacing. The rumours caught the attention of a world reknowned paranormal debunker named Abi, who came to town, putting the townsfolk somewhat at ease. But last night, Abi's body was found in his room at the motel on the highway. He had bite marks on his neck, and no blood left in his body. There’s word that he had a notebook that said that two vampires are in town.

You and some friends put your heads together, and decide that the only choice is to put some wooden stakes through those stinking vampire hearts. One every day. Until they’re gone. You might make a mistake, but it’s the only solution, so everyone vows to discuss why they chose the victim before committing that person to death. Killing the wrong person is a risk you’re all willing to take, because without staking those vampires, everyone’s going to die anyway...

Players, in alphabetical order:

Baal
Daydreamin
Dopes
Eeyore
Fuzzy
Luna
Sighduck
Tyger

VAMPIRES: 2 ... INNOCENTS: 5 ... UNALLIED SERIAL KILLER: 1

GAME ON

Discuss. Accuse. Claim. Vote.

Voting closes on Tue 29 April at 500 PM EST, or when a majority vote is reached. Someone *WILL* be staked.

Fuzzy12
04-28-14, 02:24 PM
That setting sounds familiar.. :scratch:

Is the first round of voting really only going to close in August? ?? :eek:

Anyway I'm the sheriff so don't stake me people. :cool:

(Now that I've revealed my identity can I please get some protection?:o)

Vamps. . Wanna come out too?:cool:

Lunacie
04-28-14, 02:36 PM
That setting sounds familiar.. :scratch:

Is the first round of voting really only going to close in August? ?? :eek:

(Now that I've revealed my identity can I please get some protection?:o)

Vamps. . Wanna come out too?:cool:

What kind of sheriff needs to ask others for protection? :scratch:
No wonder you haven't caught the vampires yet. :rolleyes:

What's this about the paranormal geek having a notebook with info on local vampires?
Who has actually seen this book? What does it look like?

TygerSan
04-28-14, 08:54 PM
Wanders in looking wide eyed.

Is what I read in the paper really true? Are there critters in our midst?

Fuzzy12
04-29-14, 06:59 AM
No wonder you haven't caught the vampires yet. :rolleyes:

You'll have to take that up with our creator who has given me the power of knowledge but no weapons to defend myself. :mad: Oh, I do have OSI so hopefully that will put the vamps off from attacking me.. :scratch:

What's this about the paranormal geek having a notebook with info on local vampires?
Who has actually seen this book? What does it look like?

Paranormal geeks have got an extremely high fatality rate. I don't know why people still sign up for this job. :scratch:

I wonder if there are more clues hidden in that book (*hint* *hint* @ Abi)...

Abi
04-29-14, 07:38 AM
Sorry, I meant April 29.

And yes, the setting is recycled from Game 2.

Fuzzy12
04-29-14, 07:47 AM
Sorry, I meant April 29.

And yes, the setting is recycled from Game 2.

That's today so that means we need to get voting :eek:

Any nominations??

Abi
04-29-14, 07:55 AM
I nominate Fuzzy :lol:

Abi
04-29-14, 08:00 AM
Reminder: The Bourbon Vampire, Sheriff, Doctor, and Reporter can PM me the name of the player they wish to bourbonise/investigate/inject/spy on respectively at any time.

Please also PM me a second choice in case your first choice ends up staked.

Fuzzy12
04-29-14, 08:01 AM
I nominate Fuzzy :lol:

You are dead :mad:

..and spiteful because I held you in a cell for disorderly behaviour!!

And um...my dear fellow beings that wasn't a hint!!!! :cool:

Dopes1
04-29-14, 08:35 AM

What kind of person questions a sheriff?

What kind of Sheriff says, "I'm the sheriff"?

I'll tell you what kind of a sheriff; someone who isn't a sheriff.

Abi
04-29-14, 08:39 AM
:)

xx

Fuzzy12
04-29-14, 09:24 AM
What kind of Sheriff says, "I'm the sheriff"?

I'll tell you what kind of a sheriff; someone who isn't a sheriff.

..the kind of person who is a sheriff and doesn't want to get staked before she can fulfill her sheriffy duties ;)

Cmon Dopes, show us some fangs!!

Abi
04-29-14, 10:58 AM
You have just over six hours to vote

I'll give you a clue, Fuzzy has a 25% chance of being a Vampire

Abi
04-29-14, 10:58 AM
For the not-so-bright amoung us, please realise that EVERYONE has a 25% chance of being a Vampire :D

Lunacie
04-29-14, 11:13 AM
For the not-so-bright amoung us, please realise that EVERYONE has a 25% chance of being a Vampire :D

That little dig is sure to get us voting eh? :eyebrow:

I'm going to nominate Sighduck to be staked ...
no reason especially, just that we haven't heard anything out of him yet. :umm1:

Abi
04-29-14, 12:15 PM
1 vote sighduck

7 votes left.

Abi
04-29-14, 12:19 PM
Under 5 hours to complete voting!

Fuzzy12
04-29-14, 01:51 PM
Have to go now. So I'll vote sighduck too.

Hathor
04-29-14, 02:22 PM
I vote Ginnybean!

Lunacie
04-29-14, 02:48 PM
I vote Ginnybean!

Why Ginniebean? I need a reason if I'm going to change my vote, eh?

TygerSan
04-29-14, 03:06 PM
Boo! I hate random staking :(

I vote Eeyore because nobody else has yet.

Lunacie
04-29-14, 03:30 PM
Boo! I hate random staking :(

I vote Eeyore because nobody else has yet.

Well ... that IS a reason, but I don't think it's good enough to make me change my vote.

Lunacie
04-29-14, 03:37 PM
I vote Ginnybean!

Hey! Hang on a sec ... I just realized Ginniebean isn't playing this time!

What are you trying to pull on us here, eeyore? :scratch:

Abi
04-29-14, 03:47 PM
2 votes sighduck
1 vote eeyore

5 votes left

@Luna you can't change your vote

@Eeyore ginniebean isn't playing this game this time around, you can vote for someone else.

Abi
04-29-14, 04:46 PM
15 minutes left to vote.

Baal Moom
04-29-14, 04:50 PM
Let's hope I'm doing it right: I say we stake whomever says they're sheriff, because (in character) I'm jacked on morfine and can't remember my own name. So Fuzzy it is.

Abi
04-29-14, 04:52 PM
2 votes sighduck
1 vote eeyore
1 vote fuzzy

4 votes outstanding

Abi
04-29-14, 05:12 PM
2 votes sighduck
1 vote eeyore
1 vote fuzzy

4 no-shows

The mob decides to stake sighduck ... but try as they might, they cannot find hmi. Frustrated they return to their homes, fearful of things that go bump - and bite - in the night.

Sighduck was saved by his OSI, which has now expired.

The other two players involved in a tie for the second most votes were saved because neither of them was voted against by the Sheriff, whoever that is.

Everyone survives Day 1....

But will they survive NIGHT ONE?

It is now Twilight. You may babble and bicker until 530 PM EST, after which Night Phase will start and the thread will be closed.

Sheriffs, Reporters etc may PM me with their intended "target" at their convenience, either during Twilight or at any time during Night Phase.

Vampires, Hunter, and Serial Killer must PM me thei target after Night Phase officially starts.

Lunacie
04-29-14, 05:12 PM
Let's hope I'm doing it right: I say we stake whomever says they're sheriff, because (in character) I'm jacked on morfine and can't remember my own name. So Fuzzy it is.

Anytime you vote for someone who's not me ... you're doing it right. :giggle:

Abi
04-29-14, 05:33 PM
NIGHT ONE

The thread is now closed for Night Phase, which will last till 500 PM EST April 30 (Wednesday).

No communication on the game thread during the Night. No game related communication amoung players, except between the Vampires.

Those with Special Night Actions who have not PM'd me yet may do so now, or at their leisure before 500 PM EST tomorrow.

Abi
04-30-14, 08:44 AM
A reminder to those who have not sent me your night actions yet, you have less than 9 hours left to do so.

Abi
05-01-14, 05:50 AM
DAY TWO

The small group meets in the town square at the crack of dawn, as they had decided previously. The group notices that 2 people, Dopes and Fuzzy, are not in attendance.

Heading over to Dopes' house, which is closer, they find a bizarre sight in store for them. Dopes is splayed out on his bed, paler than the blood stained sheets he lies upon. Two puncture marks in his neck indicate that he was drained of blood - by a Vampire.

The group runs to Fuzzy's home, where an even more macabre sight awaits them. Fuzzy is lying in a pool of her own blood, a wooden :goodpost: sign staked through her chest. Someone has a very sick sense of humour.

Fuzzy and Dopes were both Innocent Humans.Things are not looking good for the good guys.

Abi
05-01-14, 05:57 AM
Active Players, in alphabetical order:

Baal
Daydreamin
Eeyore
Luna
Sighduck
Tyger

VAMPIRES: 2 ... INNOCENTS: 3 ... UNALLIED SERIAL KILLER: 1

Eliminated:

Name...................Manner of Elimination.............Alignment/Species/Special Role

1. Dopes...............Vampire Attack on Night ONE.......Innocent/Human/None or Undisclosed
2. Fuzzy...............Staked on Night ONE...............Innocent/Human/None or Undisclosed

Voting for DAY 2 closes on Fri 2 May at 500 PM EST, or when a majority vote is reached. Someone *WILL* be staked.

Fuzzy12
05-01-14, 06:47 AM
I'm dead :mad:

Oh..well, my strategy backfired but at least now I get to haunt you :)

TygerSan
05-01-14, 07:03 AM
So I'm guessing it wasn't the serial killer who got Fuzzy with a stake. That means that the hunter got a bit overzealous.

Sigh...I hate groping around in the dark without any clue as to who's dangerous. I just want to stay alive. No politics need apply. :(

Also, the evidence at hand indicates Fuzzy might've actually been telling the truth, in which case we've not only lost 2 innocents, but also a powerful ally in the sherrif. Things are looking a bit grim right now.

Baal Moom
05-01-14, 09:06 AM
I suppose it means we must stake Dopes, then?

TygerSan
05-01-14, 10:14 AM
I don't think we need to worry about dopes. The vampire who attacked seems to have gotten carried away and drunk him dry. He's dead.

Lunacie
05-01-14, 12:38 PM
So I'm guessing it wasn't the serial killer who got Fuzzy with a stake. That means that the hunter got a bit overzealous.

Sigh...I hate groping around in the dark without any clue as to who's dangerous. I just want to stay alive. No politics need apply. :(

Also, the evidence at hand indicates Fuzzy might've actually been telling the truth, in which case we've not only lost 2 innocents, but also a powerful ally in the sherrif. Things are looking a bit grim right now.

Yes, that's just how I feel ... groping around in the dark without a clue as to who is dangerous.

(looks at each member of the group)

TygerSan, how can you be so sure that Dopes won't be coming back as a vampire?
Do you know more about vampires than you're telling us?

Abi
05-01-14, 12:41 PM
Dopes is very dead.
It's the UNdead that you all should be worried about.

sighduck
05-01-14, 05:17 PM
I agree, that stake was a pretty gruesome way to take out a suspected vampire...

TygerSan
05-01-14, 06:58 PM
Dopes was drained dry. Doesn't take a genius to see that. Just cause I'm paranoid doesn't mean I'm anyone special. Just trying to make it out alive like everyone else.

Anything I should know about you, Lunacie?

Baal Moom
05-01-14, 08:48 PM
Well, we could stake Dopes anyway, just in case. If he's really dead, he wouldn't mind it anyway. I may be jacked on morphine and powdered ritalin, but I'm quite sure that Vampire biology has not been thoroughly studied.

Lunacie
05-01-14, 11:19 PM
Dopes was drained dry. Doesn't take a genius to see that. Just cause I'm paranoid doesn't mean I'm anyone special. Just trying to make it out alive like everyone else.

Anything I should know about you, Lunacie?

Only thing you need to know is that I'm feeling rather paranoid myself.

Well, we could stake Dopes anyway, just in case. If he's really dead, he wouldn't mind it anyway. I may be jacked on morphine and powdered ritalin, but I'm quite sure that Vampire biology has not been thoroughly studied.

Hm, that's not a bad idea. Who's got a stake handy?

And then ... I suppose we should bury them both, Fuzzy and Dopes.

Baal Moom
05-01-14, 11:54 PM
If he's so dead, we could make it an extra staking, a little something to ease our minds, apart from the drugs and alcohol.

Abi
05-02-14, 04:16 AM
IF the majority votes to stake Dopes' corpse, there will be no second staking today.

Speaking of voting, it's a-time to get started with that

Baal Moom
05-02-14, 04:21 AM
I say stake his dead b*tch *ss. I don't believe in his departure.

BellaVita
05-02-14, 04:24 AM
I'm the sexy vampire!

Abi
05-02-14, 05:07 AM
is that an official vote, Baal?

Baal Moom
05-02-14, 05:22 AM
Yes, even though now I suspect he may be a decoy. I don't seem to have enough information to figure out which possibility is more likely, as I know nothing of vampires, so I'll stick by my first decision. Stake that muf***a.

Abi
05-02-14, 05:36 AM
1 Vote Dopes
5 Votes remaining.

sighduck
05-02-14, 06:17 AM
I vote to stake baal, he seems very eager to stake someone that abi says is dead

Abi
05-02-14, 06:22 AM
1 vote Dopes
1 vote Baal

4 votes remaining

Fuzzy12
05-02-14, 07:40 AM
Only thing you need to know is that I'm feeling rather paranoid myself.

Hm, that's not a bad idea. Who's got a stake handy?

And then ... I suppose we should bury them both, Fuzzy and Dopes.

I'd like to be cremated please!!! :cool:

Lunacie
05-02-14, 09:13 AM
I vote to stake baal, he seems very eager to stake someone that abi says is dead

Whoa, we voted to stake Sighduck didn't we?

Although that's a good point about Baal.

And where is eeyore? Anyone seen him today?

Where is Daydreamin'?

If they don't come and vote, maybe they should get staked?

TygerSan
05-02-14, 11:45 AM
I could be down with staking Daydreamin if she doesn't show soon.

Sighduck, you're a slippery fella. Anything we should know about you?

Lunacie
05-02-14, 01:39 PM
Hey, I just found eeyore over here. Looks like he passed out. WTF?

Do we have any medical people here ... come check on eyeore!

Baal Moom
05-02-14, 04:01 PM
Staking me would be a grave mistake.

Abi
05-02-14, 04:09 PM
YOu all have less than an hour to vote.

TygerSan
05-02-14, 04:19 PM
I vote Sighduck.

Lunacie
05-02-14, 04:23 PM
Staking me would be a grave mistake.

Love the pun but ...

I vote ...

Sighduck again.

Abi
05-02-14, 04:31 PM
2 votes Sighduck
1 vote Dopes
1 vote Baal

2 votes outstanding

Abi
05-02-14, 04:46 PM
The Bourbon Vampire, and any of the Sheriff, Dotor, and/or Reporter who is still alive can PM me their targets for tonight.

Abi
05-02-14, 05:03 PM
The mob decides to stake… SIghduck. Converging on him in the Town Square, they set upon him and dive a sharpened wooden stake through his heart, He screams, and his shirt is almost instantaneously covered in dark red blood.

Sighduck was human. However, on inspection of his home, the townsfolk find posters of Halloween, Friday the 13th, and Scream plastered all over the walls. Sighduck’s house is filled with bloody meat cleavers, machetes, chainsaws, and other vicious items.

Sighduck was the Serial Killer. Good job getting rid of one menace!

It is now Twilight. You may babble and bicker till 515 PM EST.

The vampires and Hunter if still alive can send me their targets thereafter. Other players may send me their targets now.

TygerSan
05-02-14, 05:07 PM
Woo!!! We did good this time.

Abi
05-02-14, 05:28 PM
NIGHT TWO

The thread is now closed for Night Phase, which will last till 500 PM EST May 4 (Sunday).

No communication on the game thread during the Night. No game related communication amoung players, except between the Vampires.

Those with Special Night Actions who have not PM'd me yet may do so now, or at their leisure before 500 PM EST tomorrow.

Abi
05-04-14, 04:47 PM
DAY THREE

The townsfolk awake at the crack of dawn to a piercing scream. It's coming from the Town Square, where Eeyore is burning in agony as the first rays of daylight course over the horizon.

Baal, Luna, and Tyger rush to the scene. Eeyore is writhing insanely, his eyes are bloodshot, face contorted as the flames lick and curl around him. He bares his fangs and hisses. His magical ring, that allows him to walk in daylight, lies thrown at his feet. Eeyore continues to scream and hiss insanely, as he turns into a charred corpse and dies, the flames burning out.

Eeyore was the Vampire that killed Dopes, the Hunter, and went insane with the Hunter's Curse, finally killing himself.

Baal, Luna and Tyger realise that Daydreamin is absent. They rush to her home, where they find her pale frame draped across the bed, blood dripping from the puncture wounds in her neck. Daydreaming was an Innocent human, killed brutally by a Vampire

Three players remain, 2 Innocent Humans and 1 Vampire.

DAY PHASE 3 ENDS AT 500 PM EST ON MONDAY MAY 5. Someone *WILL* be staked

Abi
05-04-14, 04:57 PM
Active Players, in alphabetical order:

Baal
Luna
Tyger

VAMPIRES: 1 ... INNOCENTS: 2 ... UNALLIED SERIAL KILLER: 0

Eliminated:

Name...................Manner of Elimination.......................Alignment/Species/Special Role

1. Dopes...............Vampire Attack on Night ONE.................Innocent/Human/Hunter
2. Fuzzy...............Staked on Night ONE.........................Innocent/Human/None or Undisclosed
3. Sighduck............Mob-Staked on Day TWO.......................Unallied/Human/Serial Killer
4. Daydreamin..........Vampire Attack on Night TWO.................Innocent/Human/None or Undisclosed
5. Eeyore..............Suicide(Hunter's Curse) on Day THREE........Vampires/Vampire/None or Undisclosed

Abi
05-04-14, 05:02 PM
Any Bourbon Vampire, Doctor, Sheriff or Reporter who might be still alive may send me their person to Bourbonise, Inject, etc. as soon as they wish.

Abi
05-05-14, 05:40 AM
Reminder to the remaining players: You have less than 12 hours to vote on who should be staked.

TygerSan
05-05-14, 06:19 AM
Looks around and sees that she's one of three still standing.

Well, crap! Now I feel like I'm one in one of those logic problems. There are 3 people. One of whom always tells the truth; one of whom always lies; and a third whose answers are useless. Now decide who to stake :scratch:

Problem is, if I'm reading Abi's rules correctly, at least 2 out of 3 of us still standing have OSI (unless it was negated during the night phase or not all of the roles are filled):

Sighduck had it, but was the Serial killer (human). As far as I know, that's the only OSI that's expired. Hmm...

Anyone left want to make a case for them to be spared? I'm a really boring person (person being the operative word).

Abi
05-05-14, 06:53 AM
Clue: I list the eliminated players in the order of their death.

Baal Moom
05-05-14, 07:32 AM
I am a very valuable individual. I've got so much morphine I can drink it instead of water, and I've got the key to the Ritalin safe.

TygerSan
05-05-14, 07:54 AM
Alright, who the **** staked Fuzzy? Does the Serial Killer seriously use a stake?

TygerSan
05-05-14, 11:15 AM
You know something, I actually dislike opiates intensely. I have a feeling it doesn't really matter who I vote for given the game mechanics, so . . . despite your having the keys to the drug safe, I vote for you, Baal.

Abi
05-05-14, 11:28 AM
1 vote Baal
2 votes outstanding

Lunacie
05-05-14, 12:51 PM
You know something, I actually dislike opiates intensely. I have a feeling , it doesn't really matter who I vote for given the game mechanics, so . . . despite your having the keys to the drug safe, I vote for you, Baal.

And if I vote for you, Tyger, then Baal could vote for me and we'd have a three-way tie.

I don't remember who gets to break tie votes when the sheriff has already been killed off ...

but I'd rather not take the chance ...

so I vote for Baal too.

Baal Moom
05-05-14, 01:11 PM
Well, you can stake me and have all the bad luck that you want. What sort of strangely paranoidly ineffectual society is this anyway? Everyone should come see the sunrise butt naked, except for all sorts of crosses and garlic chains on your necks, and whoever doesn't come is obviously the vampire. Man, get your crosses out right now and let's eat some garlic.

TygerSan
05-05-14, 01:15 PM
Well, I hope I haven't just made a gigantic mistake. If I have, it's been nice knowing y'all.

Abi
05-05-14, 01:16 PM
2 votes Baal
1 vote outstanding

Baal... care to vote?

Baal Moom
05-05-14, 01:22 PM
Sh*t, son, I'll vote for myself as well. What's the point anyway. I think you're all vampires. I do. No one will eat garlic in public? What about a walk in the park in broad daylight? I'm surrounded by them. I'm cornered... on every corner! They comin' to get me!

Well, I'll go out with dignity. I'll make me a date with the stake.

Abi
05-05-14, 01:26 PM
You can't vote for yourself.

Please see my PM and vote.

Baal Moom
05-05-14, 01:28 PM
Then I vote Lunacie. Why not.

Abi
05-05-14, 01:30 PM
2 votes Baal
1 vote Luna

I am pleased to announce that no one will be staked. Baal and Luna both had OSI, which hs now expired.

It is now twilight. You may babble and bicker until I close for Night Phase at 5 PM EST.

TygerSan
05-05-14, 01:31 PM
Told you folks! OSI had to be in effect for at least 2/3 of us. So we live to fight another day, but will not be so lucky next time.

So, hypothetically, if there are 2 players left at the beginning of the last day phase, who breaks the tie? Do we have a cagematch to the death?

TygerSan
05-05-14, 01:36 PM
Oh who am I kidding? It's over. :doh:

Abi
05-05-14, 01:38 PM
Just for reference, in the case of a tie for numbers, win goes to the Vampires.

Abi
05-05-14, 01:39 PM
(Since 1 is 50% of 2 they would have met their quota)

Lunacie
05-05-14, 02:07 PM
Then I vote Lunacie. Why not.

Hard to argue with logic like that, eh? :doh:

2 votes Baal
1 vote Luna

I am pleased to announce that no one will be staked. Baal and Luna both had OSI, which hs now expired.

It is now twilight. You may babble and bicker until I close for Night Phase at 5 PM EST.

I think I'm gonna keep trying to stake Baal until I succeed or die. :lol:

Baal Moom
05-05-14, 02:09 PM
Well... You started. I be vindictive.

Abi
05-05-14, 06:06 PM
NIGHT THREE

The thread is now closed for Night Phase, which will last till 500 PM EST May 6 (Tuesday).

Will the Vampire please PM me their action for tonight.

Abi
05-07-14, 03:34 AM
DAY FOUR

There were no events of significance last night. There are still 2 Innocent humans and 1 Vampire.

Today is the final vote. Day 4 Ends on Thursday 8 May at 5 AM EST

Game On.

Fuzzy12
05-07-14, 03:36 AM
This is so exciting (even though I know who the vamp is.) :D

Baal Moom
05-07-14, 05:36 AM
Well, it's Tyger, innit. Or do the vampires get immunity as well? I suppose it's randomly distributed, now that I think about it. Weren't there only three immune people so far in the game? I can't be bothered to check.

Let's stake Lunacie, anyway. We all gone die whatever happens, in the great solar eclipse of 2014, organised by our vampiric overlords.

TygerSan
05-07-14, 07:33 AM
Hmm....I still vote Baal ( bits of gameplay and your smack talk make me suspicious. If you don't have pointy teef, I'm sincerely sorry and sincerely screwed).

Baal Moom
05-07-14, 09:36 AM
No. No. Don't do it to me. How can you. Oh. No.

Bovvered. Stab away.

Lunacie
05-07-14, 09:41 AM
Hmm....I still vote Baal ( bits of gameplay and your smack talk make me suspicious. If you don't have pointy teef, I'm sincerely sorry and sincerely screwed).

If I vote against you, I could die. If I vote with you, I live. At least one more day.

I vote Baal. Again. :rolleyes:

Abi
05-07-14, 10:38 AM
THe two women advance on Baal with the stake. "No. NO!" Baal pleads. Luna and Tyger plunge the stake into Baal's heart. Blood splatters over their faces. Luna licks her lips .... "MMmmmm tastes like morphine."

Tyger curses as she realises her mistake. Baal was the Doctor. Luna turns to Tyger: "This town is MINE. You are mine, to feed off as I please. Muhahahahahaha"

Winner: Vampire

Luna (Bourbon Vampire)

Losers: Innocents

Tyger (Vanilla Human)

and everyone who died.

Abi
05-07-14, 10:47 AM
JUst FYI, Fuzzy was the Sheriff, as she claimed.

Daydreamin was the reporter.

As I've stated before, Dopes was the Hunter and Baal was the Doctor. Eeyore was a Vanilla Vampire.

TygerSan
05-07-14, 10:56 AM
Heh. Whoops! Sorry, Baal.

Lunacie
05-07-14, 10:58 AM
!!! WINNING !!!
:yes: :thankyou: ;)

Abi
05-07-14, 11:00 AM
Game 16 starts soon. Sign up here (http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=161535).

Baal Moom
05-07-14, 12:09 PM
I beg to differ. I did not scream and beg. I died with dignity, like a samurai.

Abi
05-07-14, 12:34 PM
Baal, Game 16 signup is open.

Lunacie
05-07-14, 01:16 PM
I beg to differ. I did not scream and beg. I died with dignity, like a samurai.

Samurai, sure. With all that morphine in you, you knew you wouldn't feel the stake. :lol: