View Full Version : Fellow Minnesotans!!!

crazymama05
03-25-05, 11:34 PM
I would like to say hello to you all. Turns out I am the Regional Leader of this forum, so I thought I would take a minute to introduce myself, and then open the forum up to suggestions from you all.

My name is Ronee, I was born and raised here in MN. Started out in Mpls, and have been working my way south ever since. I currently reside in Webster Mn. I am about a mile south of the Elko Speedway race track. I am getting worse and worse taking the winters. I will be 39 soon, and I just dont handle the cold that well anymore.

I was diagnosed with AD/HD Feb. of this year. So it is recent. But I have been thinking a lot about things, and coming to a clear understanding of what has been happening to me all my life. It is nice to know that all those years it was not just me. It was something out of my control, as I was never diagnosed as a child. I am more of a fidgeter then hyperactive, and they have been recently stating this is the reason so many girls that had it were never diagnosed. I havent started any meds yet, I am trying to get off other meds before my doc and I start a new drug regimen.

I look forward to getting to know all of you. And would like to hear some suggestions on what kinds of things you guys would like to see here in the MN forum. Also, I would like to set up maybe a monthly meet for the MN ADDer's, if anyone might like to meet face to face. Totally optional. Also, I would like to try and set up a specific date/time to use the chat room, so we could all plan on being there the same time. If you could suggest some dates/times that would best fit into your schedules, I can see what I can do about setting it up.

Anyway, please, ask any questions you might have and share any suggestions as well.

Have a wonderful day!

Ronee:D

minn306
03-26-05, 12:34 AM
Crazymama, I would very much like to see more involvement, and also to be more involved myself. Please let me know if you have any ideas or suggestions

crazymama05
03-26-05, 01:24 AM
So Rach, were are you, St. Cloud area right? Would you be interested in a face to face meet if there were enough ppl interested.

And I tried to get into the chat when you were there, but for some reason I could not log in.

Its cool that your a moderator too! I think together, you and me could do great things! How 'bout you.

livinginchaos
03-26-05, 10:25 PM
Crazymama, I would very much like to see more involvement, and also to be more involved myself. Please let me know if you have any ideas or suggestions
DITTO :D

crazymama05
03-26-05, 10:44 PM
That's great you two. Do either of you know where all the MN ADDer's are? Is there some way to find them on this site, or do we just wait until they get here. I read all the other posts here, and it has been some time since any of them have posted. I also followed the link to the MN Meet forums, and most of the members there are inactive due to not visiting the site for some time. (3 months or more)

So, there is the three of us, lets put our heads together, (maybe between us we will have one fully functional brain :D) and put some ideas down. What do ya say ladies.

And livinginchaos, as you have been her longer then I, if you would like to be Regional Leader, I would step down. As I have only been here a couple of weeks, I may be less qualified then you. I am sure you are better at navigating the forum, and the net too. I am open. I would just like to see more local involvement, I dont care who lead us, me, you, or someone else.

minn-I would offer it to you, but you are already a moderator, like Andrew said to Digitl, go moderate.....:D (Really, thats what he said to her when she asked about becoming a Regional Leader)

minn306
03-26-05, 10:44 PM
So Rach, were are you, St. Cloud area right? Would you be interested in a face to face meet if there were enough ppl interested.

And I tried to get into the chat when you were there, but for some reason I could not log in.

Its cool that your a moderator too! I think together, you and me could do great things! How 'bout you.
YES, if we could find ppl that are interested, we could certainly persure doing more things.

You & me...................we would make an amazing TEAM together!!!

crazymama05
03-26-05, 10:47 PM
Good then Minn, we will do great things as a TEAM! I very much look forward to it!

minn306
03-26-05, 10:49 PM
Good then Minn, we will do great things as a TEAM! I very much look forward to it!
If we are going to try to accomplish things together............Please call me Rach

he he he he

crazymama05
03-27-05, 05:04 PM
Ok "Rach!" If you call me Ronee.

I keep combing the newbies posts trying to find more Minnesotan's. Any other suggestions?

livinginchaos
03-27-05, 10:42 PM
And livinginchaos, as you have been her longer then I, if you would like to be Regional Leader, I would step down. As I have only been here a couple of weeks, I may be less qualified then you. I am sure you are better at navigating the forum, and the net too. I am open. I would just like to see more local involvement, I dont care who lead us, me, you, or someone else.

minn-I would offer it to you, but you are already a moderator, like Andrew said to Digitl, go moderate.....:D (Really, thats what he said to her when she asked about becoming a Regional Leader)
Thanks for offering, crazymama - but I can't. It seems like you are going to be a wonderful moderator for Minnesota!! I think you have a lot to offer us.

I am in St. Paul. Let me know what I can do to help. I"ll keep my eyes out for fellow MN ADDers and let you know!

I'm Court, by the way!

livinginchaos
03-27-05, 10:47 PM
PS . . crazymama - have you checked out the sticky for the local ADD/ADHD support groups? there's one for St Paul and one for Minneapolis . . . . . you might be able to get e-mail addresses . . . or something from it.

crazymama05
03-28-05, 11:08 PM
Thanks Court, I appreciate and will accept any and all help I can get. I am off to check out the forum you suggested......:D (been combing through the newbie "hello" posts)

And please call me Ronee.

livinginchaos
03-29-05, 09:16 PM
You're welcome, Ronee! Just let me know what I can do . . .

crazymama05
03-29-05, 10:03 PM
Hello Court,

I checked out those sites last night, and joined them in the hopes that it might spark new interest. But most, if not all, of the members there have abandoned the site. There are only two active members left. We'll see what happens.

In the meantime, I guess I am not sure what else to do. Specifically speaking, so far it is only the three of us, and all pertinent sites, and links are already posted. Also, I have to admit that down-dosing the effexor is really having quit an effect on me. Today I was extremely angry, and I dont know why! And my brain is really not working at all now a days. I can not remember a thing. Its actually kind of scaring me, but I keep telling myself I will be ok, just have to get off the meds, then talk to the doctor, and he'll fix me up. Just a little longer.

Anyway, just wanted to let you know, brain is broke, so specifics would be greatly appreciated at this point. Otherwise I am easily agitated right now. Gee, that almost sounded like a warning. It wasnt meant to be. It was meant as an insight to how little my brain is currently working and how emtional I feel now. Ok, that's the best I can do right now, I have to stop talking.

:-

livinginchaos
03-29-05, 11:07 PM
Good luck weaning off of Effexor, Ronee. I did that a year and 4 months ago. Are you weaning off slowly? That helps the withdrawal a lot. I weaned off of Effexor over the course of 1 1/2 - 2 months. . .. . I feel for you!

Have you contacted Cesium0137? Last he told me he was interested in a MN group.

Have a good night, Ronee!

crazymama05
03-31-05, 04:54 PM
Hi Court,

Sorry I didnt get back to you the other day. Its the Effexor I swear. I am seeing things, periphally, that arent there, my eyes are wonky, (hard to read, it hurts) and my fingers are not listening at ALL to what I tell them to type.

I am weaning off the Effexor slowly, and it is better. ( I tried to go cold turkey a month ago and totally flipped out) Yesterday I took my last dose of 12.5, the lowest dose, and today is the first day without any at all. I feel weird, but better then I did when I was taking 150 a day! Fooor Shoooooo!! (for sure)

Thank you for your concern and kind words. It helps knowing I am not the only one that has suffered this indignant drug!!!

I did PM Cesium137. I have'nt gotten a response yet. Will wait and see what happens.

Ok, I must go close my eyes for a spell, they hurt. I think I might be getting a migraine. I will try and check in later!

Have a beautious day! The sun-she's a shining!!!!! Yay!

livinginchaos
03-31-05, 09:47 PM
I am in love with the sun. . .. . i'm so happy it's finally back.
Yea! First day without Effexor?! congrats! My withdrawal wasn't too bad - - just slow.
I tried cold turkey once also - man that wasn't fun!
Have a great tomorrow!

Cesium0137
04-01-05, 08:02 AM
A few months ago my doctor thought it would be easy for me to switch from effexor to wellbutrin without any weening period. Well he was wrong and it was the worst week of my life. After about 2 weeks the brain zaps and all that fun stuff stopped. Though I became very aggressive and unhappy in general. Long story short I am back on 75mg of effexor and doing alright. It does a good job of blocking those suicidal thoughts that I was plauged with before. Sexual side effects seem to have gone away after being on it for a while. Methylin does a good job on getting rid of some of my anxiety and ADD issues, but the crashes are pretty nasty on this 30mg does. I'm thinking I should go back down to 20. Not sure how the atenolol affects my exercise stamina, I seem to get a little dizzy after a hard bike ride, but not a huge deal. I'm not a huge fan of the xanax. To effectively get rid of my anxiety I need to take a large enough dose that it makes me space out. Sort of canceling out the effect of the methylin. Arent drugs fun? ;)

crazymama05
04-02-05, 02:20 AM
Hey Phillip!!! So glad to see you back. Sorry I wasnt around yesterday. You understand I'm sure, this stupid drug thing is making me batty!

I hate the Effexor XR and I can not wait until it is out of my system. And that brain zap thing, OMG its like you were reading my mind. I didnt know how to explain it before you said that! Thanks!!!

So, lets talk a little more about your drugs. I have never heard of a couple of them. Methylin and Atenolol, I have not heard of these. And how come you are on so many different ones. What are they for? Poor punkin. I dont know about you, but I start to feel like some kind of addict due to mutliple drugs for multiple symptoms.

I still have ativan, for the anxiety. But curiously enough, I have not had a problem with it for a couple of days, maybe even a week. Wierd.

Anyway, glad you were still around. I hope we can find ways to help and entertain each other. Suffering alone sucks. This, well this is awesome!!!!

Have a great night!

Cesium0137
04-02-05, 09:13 AM
Well Atenolol is a beta blocker, and what it does is block adrenaline from messing with heart so it lowers blood pressure and shaking I believe. Methylin ER is basically Ritalin. I only take the effexor and atenolol daily and the others on a need basis. I do know how you feel about the addiction. Taking these drugs makes one a "legal addict" in my opinion. I've written a short paper on addictions, while I haven't quite finished it to my liking it I think it'll present some points that you may find interesting. Basically I think addictions are neccesary for life, and one must choose their addictions wisely ;)

crazymama05
04-02-05, 01:35 PM
Very interesting. What is the article for? You sure ran the gamat on addictions!!! LOL

Let me know when you are finished. I would like to read it if you are fine with that.

livinginchaos
04-02-05, 07:06 PM
How are you doing, Ronee?? Is the withdrawl from Effexor going ok?

Court

crazymama05
04-03-05, 09:57 PM
Hi Court. Thanks for asking. And no, it's not ok. I feel like I keep getting the electrical shocks every few minutes. I am hating it. I cant wait until this part is over.

Ok, I am off to the electrical chair........sorry I havent been around the last couple of days. Hopefully it will be over soon and I can get back to normalcy and the forum posting.

See you soon! :)

livinginchaos
04-03-05, 10:21 PM
It will be over soon, Ronee! Hang in there!

crazymama05
04-04-05, 07:22 PM
I had to cheat today Court. Today was really bad, the "shocks" were constant. I couldnt quit sobbing. So, I opened up one of the capsuls dumped half the stuff out, and took it. The shocks finally stopped about an hour ago. It was the lowest dose capsul. I just couldnt handle it without it. Talk about feeling like a total addict!

I am thinking at this point, I am going to try to work on my ADD without any drugs. I cant take this **** anymore. I am just at the end of my rope I tell ya!

Thanks for the encouragement Court. It really helps!
Ronee

livinginchaos
04-04-05, 08:29 PM
It's ok, Ronee - I had to do the same thing when I was decreasing with Effexor - taking 1/2 of the lowest dose. It will all be over soon - you can do it!

crazymama05
04-04-05, 11:07 PM
That is soooo good to know Court! I thought I was going mad!!!! I can not wait until its all over. Why they use this drug blows my mind. It is a horrible horrible drug!!! For me at least!

ok, i can do this, i can do this.....

livinginchaos
04-04-05, 11:55 PM
you can do it, Ronee!! you're almost there. . . . ..

Effexor is hell to get off of - but I have to say that it helped me a ton when I needed it. I sure am grateful i'm off of it, but I don't know if I could have gotten through 5 years without it.

remember the mantra when you are getting those shocks .. .

"I think I can, I think I can, I think I can . . . .. . "

Best wishes,
Court

crazymama05
04-05-05, 12:49 AM
You are soooo sweet Court. Thank you so much.

Hugs!

livinginchaos
04-05-05, 09:09 PM
*warm fuzzies*

How was your day, Ronee?? any better?

crazymama05
04-06-05, 03:01 AM
Yes, today was much better. I was able to join civilization. Felt great! Although I have been having puter problems, but I think it is a network thing, cause everything on the puter checks out. I am just exhausted from trying to figure it all out. You know, these computers are little tricksters with all their "mechanics!" Complicated little buggers.

Anywho, it is much better, so I am hoping now that when I am done with the lowest, lowest dose here, the shocks will be tolerable. Please tell me they will. They will. If I know other wise I may just have to find me a pharmacuetical genuis to tie up and torture. :D

Talk to you tomorrow.

Hey, are you ever in chat? Maybe we should set up a time to chat live.....let me know what you think. I was actually thinking that maybe we should see if we can set up a time for all the MN ADDer's to chat together....too.

minn306
04-06-05, 07:29 AM
That is a great idea. Let's all try to set a date/time up to chat!!

Andrew
04-06-05, 08:16 AM
If the regular chat room is busy, and you want another chat room to have this meeting in, I can set that up for you :)

minn306
04-06-05, 08:38 AM
Andrew~ I was told that there are other chat rooms but have never figured out how to get into them.

Am I ADD or what???!!!

crazymama05
04-06-05, 11:46 AM
Thank you Andrew, I appreciate the information. We will let you know what we come up with.

Court, Rach, Phillip, lets do it. You guys shoot some times and days at me and I will see what I can come up with. Please give me a couple of different options that would work best for you so that I am able to come up with a workable time for all.

Thanks guys, and have a beautious day!

livinginchaos
04-06-05, 11:19 PM
I would love to chat with you guys!
I'm only available nights - best for me is really after 10pm, but feasibly, I could do any time after 7pm.
Mondays are not good for me, neither does any time during the day/morning.

If those times don't work for either of you - just let me know when you're going to meet - and I will do my best :)

Congrats on re-joining civilization today, Ronee!! And the shocks will be SO much better. Very soon - -it will be all over with!

livinginchaos
04-06-05, 11:21 PM
P.S.
Andrew:
I'm with Rach - - how do you get into the other chat rooms? When I go into chat, my only option is the "Main Room" . . . . . .

Thanks!!

livinginchaos
04-07-05, 01:31 AM
So - - i'm currently in the market for a new doc - - specializing in ADD
do any of you guys have any one you can recommend? I live in St. Paul.
I looked at the list Mel (Draga) posted - but I want a doc that comes recommended from someone (is that list of docs who were recommended or just a list?? - maybe I'll pm Mel . . .).

I tried to dig around - and found a psych - Gary Johnson. Have you guys heard of him? If so, what have you heard?

Thanks, fellow Minnesotans!

Court

crazymama05
04-07-05, 02:09 PM
Unfortunatly I gave my last therapist the boot. I knew more about him then he knew about me. So I can not recommend anyone. Plus I am very south of the twin cities. But if you find someone let me know. And I will keep my ear to the ground, so to speak, for anyone as well.

Ok, for chatting I am good evenings. But it would have to be more like after 10:30pm. And that is good any night.

So Rach, how about you my darling? When is good for you? Oh, and do we want to set it up once a week. We can calendar it for once a week, same time same place right?

Are we leaving it open to all memebers or only MN members? I wouldnt be opposed to opening it to anyone who wants to join. What do you think? Or, it could be current, former and future MN. I am not sure if this is doable either. (the "only" part)

Now i am just thinking outloud and babbling.

I go now!

minn306
04-07-05, 02:49 PM
We could certainly set up a time that we could post on the calendar. It is up to us how often we want to meet. I would be for trying to meet once a week(if our schedules permit it) or every other week is also any option.
As far as who would be involved...............we could say any body who has lived in or is currently living in Minnesota...............but of course anybody is welcome!!

You know us Minnesooootans, we are always caring & welcoming to all other people!!!

livinginchaos
04-07-05, 09:16 PM
after 1030 is just peachy for me, Ronee!

I am in agreement with you both that the current Minnesotans and former should be included - and whoever else!

crazymama05
04-08-05, 02:24 AM
Ok ladies. So we seem to have established a time.....10:30 til whenever. Now we just need a day of the week. Or, every other week as Rach suggested. I know that you already host a chat once a week right Rach? So would every other be ok for you.

I would suggest early in the week. Like Sunday or Tuesday nights. Usually quiet, nothing going on. What do you two think?

And it will be for former and current members...and anyone else who cares to join us.

Until tomorrow you beautiful ladies you!!!!

minn306
04-08-05, 07:25 AM
I also host chat on Sunday nights but Tuessdays would work great for me...............if it works out for the rest of you. Let me know, & I wil be there(or here, however you look at it)

crazymama05
04-08-05, 01:50 PM
Tuesdays will work for me. Court, how about you?

And would you guys like for me to be the chat host, or did one of you want to do it. I can do it, I have few responsibilites and demands on my time as my daughter is a "big girl" and my husband is usually on his way to bed about then. (and all my babies, pets, are in bed as well.):D

Ok, then. I will wait to hear from ya'll!

livinginchaos
04-10-05, 01:11 AM
Tuesdays are just fine with me! I can't wait! Starting this Tuesday? It doesn't matter to me if we chat every week or every other week.

Have a lovely Sunday, Ladies!

livinginchaos
04-10-05, 01:11 AM
How are you feeling, Ronee?? Are the shocks gone yet?

crazymama05
04-10-05, 01:57 AM
Ok, Tuesdays it is. I will host it, and we will have it every Tuesday. I will schedule it tomorrow.

Court, thanks so much for asking. I have tried not to whine because it gets old, even for me!!! But I am still having the shocks. There are not as bad, but I am down to taking about a 1/4 of a capsule. I am not going to take anymore and just tolerate it so I can just be done with it!!! So, it may get more interesting in the next couple of days, but for crying outloud, it has to be close to getting out of my system. yada yada yada.....I hate sounding like a broken record!

I look forward to chatting on Tues. nite. This is going to be sooooo much fun!!!

I hope I will see you two around tomorrow. Weather is looking rather bleak for the day, so this is where I will be since my husband will be occupying the couch most of the day watching his races!!!! :D

Bye bye til later!!!!

minn306
05-09-05, 01:45 PM
Hello to all Minnesotans(& you too wheezie).........

I think that if we are all serious about getting together this summer, we should start making plans??

Please post if you are for sure interested & if you have any ideas!!

I have a few but want to hear from all of you........................

kwilliam
06-27-05, 07:40 AM
Hey Ronee This is Kevin , diagnosed in july 04 have been doing allot of research on the topic of ADHD and have wonderful ideas. Would meet face to face if we could.

ty. Kevin

crazymama05
06-27-05, 03:37 PM
Hello Kevin,

So nice to meet you....so to speak. I am very glad you are here. As are the others I am sure. I did read your PM and sent you a reply...so I will try not to be redundant.

We have been trying to set up a meet for all the MN in early August. I hope this is still a viable option. I have been curiously absent for about 2 months so I have some serious catching up to do myself.

So Kevin, jump in and share, share, share.....it really helps in ways you cant imagine. And the others here are wonderful, humorous, giant heart kind of ppl. (As i am sure you understood from reading this thread.)

We look very forward to conversing with you!!!!!

Have a wonderous day, Kevin!!!

(and please forgive my spelling/punctuation/context errors! I soooo hated english/grammar/compostion classes!!!)