View Full Version : Looking for a pharmacy that carries Focalin

Jenn1202
04-29-14, 08:43 PM
Hello Everyone,

I can't find a pharmacy that carries brand name Focalin. So far I've tried Walgreens and CVS. Does anyone know what pharmacy might carry this medication?

TheNarrator
04-30-14, 12:12 PM
Jenn, I don't know if this is helpful, but I had the same problem with name brand Ritalin. I finally found it at a local independent pharmacy. You might also ask some of the chains if they can order it for you? Both CVS and Walgreens were willing to for Ritalin.

BTW, I was getting ready to search more about Focalin when I came across your thread. Have you been on Focalin or is this the first time? I am thinking about asking my doc to try it instead of the Ritalin IR. Any insight would be helpful about your experience.

Jenn1202
04-30-14, 09:31 PM
Thank you for your advice. I found a small CVS pharmacy that's willing to special order it for me. But it's going to take a while before I get it...

I've never taken Focalin before. I've been on Ritalin (IR/LA/Daytrana) for the past 7+ years, but lately I've been getting some really bad side effects so my doctor is switching me to Focalin. From what I understand it's supposed to be as effective as Ritalin but with less side effects and on lower doses. Based on what I've read, it seems like the brand name works much better than the generic versions. I'll let you know how it goes as soon as I try it. I really hope this medication works.