View Full Version : Just started taking Topamax. Just wondering what I should do about my Paxil?

DiscombobulatYa
04-30-14, 06:17 PM
I take...
-Adderall XR 30mg (2) daily
-Welbutrin XL 150mg (1) daily
-Paxil 20mg (1) daily
-Seroquel 100mg (1)bedtime

-Topamax 25mg (2) daily for 7 days. One in the morning,and then in the evening spaced 12 hours apart.
Then I take 50mg (2) daily from then on roughly 12 hours apart.

So what I'm wondering. Is if i'll be better off without the Paxil? Because the whole reason I got my Psych. to put me on Topamax. Is because I'm tired of all the weight gain the Seroquel,and the Paxil are causing me to gain. Even when I take 60mg of Adderall a day! I use to be a body builder,and looked great. Now I'm looking like a fat ***** :lol: And I've started working out again like 6 months ago, and can't see no freakin results because all the freakin water weight the Paxil,and the Seroquel causes me to hold. So I'm wondering what the heck is going to be the best solution??

DiscombobulatYa
05-01-14, 11:33 AM
Day 3 on Topamax.

Feeling kind of achy all over. My lower back hurts a little bit. I can focus worth a crap right now. I'll ride it out a couple more weeks but if it doesn't start improving drastically, this stuff is getting tossed....

DiscombobulatYa
05-01-14, 01:29 PM
Still Day 3.
I think the problem is...Is that I'm taking too much medicine. And I don't know which one will be better to drop. The Paxil, or the Welbutrin.

DiscombobulatYa
05-02-14, 11:00 AM
Day 4.

I think it may be showing the first signs of improvement today. Feeling better today,and feeling like i can focus a little better. But still need to see a lot better results before I well except this medication. I know the combination without this{Topamax} works well. Just can't stand the weight gain.

DiscombobulatYa
05-03-14, 04:19 PM
Day 5.

Feeling better. Excited to see what the 25mg twice in the morning,and twice in the evening is going to be like come Monday:-)

sarahsweets
05-04-14, 06:21 AM
I would guess that the seroquel is the main reason why you have had weight gain. Paxil can cause some weight issues but seroquel is known to affect your metabolisim, weight and in some cases can be a precursor to diabetes.

Laserbeak
05-05-14, 07:27 AM
I was on that for a while at my request from my GP but when I started seeing a psychiatrist, he immediately took me off of it. For some reason, he didn't like it but didn't really explain why to me. He said that the Librium I was on should be fine to stop essential tremor.

edit:

I will say, don't take too much of it. I experienced severe memory loss, to almost the point of delirium when I took more than I should have, just by like one pill. I had no idea where I was or what I was doing or why I left home, and luckily was able to make it home from being on the subway, but it was quite scary.

Laserbeak
06-17-14, 10:12 PM
Any news on how the Topamax is working out for you?

BobbiJo
11-19-15, 03:03 AM
My doc has me on fetzima. It's weight neutral. I'm bipolar I've been on alot of psych meds. I think this one works the best in still on my mood stabilizers. They help some what. I still can't seem to even out n my doc thinks I might be adhd too. I had the same prob. I would gain a lot of weight, hate my self, then vo off my meds. Drop the weight in two weeks easy. Go back on my meds,usually by order of the court in four weeks , I'd be right back to hating myself. Which adhd med works better focalin or topamax? Talk to ur doc about fetzima. I'm not sure if that is the correct spelling. But if ur like me, u can eat what u want n the scale isn't really affected plus if u want to lose a few pounds u can do that pretty quickly too. I love it. I'm just not sure which adhd med to go on. N e thought?