View Full Version : How long to give strattera?

heavyiron15
05-01-14, 06:49 PM
Hello fellows, after discussing my symptoms my doctor prescribed me 25mg per day of strattera and told me he wanted to see me again in a month or sooner if something came up, I have been reading irritability and depression can be a side effect for some people, although it really helps with depression in other people. I have depression though I don't take anything for it, and I have a really bad temper I do my best to control.

If this turns me into a extremely depressed ***hole, is it worth taking it the full month to see if it changes or should I discontinue after a week or two of strong symptoms? I'm hoping It works amazing for me, but just in case I do get side effects. I'm currently waiting for the pharmacy to get it in, should have it tomorrow.

Khyliene
05-01-14, 07:30 PM
When I started on Strattera last year, I gave it a full month. It takes a while for it to build up in your system before you can give it an honest assessment like: if it's the right drug/dosage for you.

I am now trying to get off of it because at the lower dosages it didn't work for me, and at the higher dosages, it was making me very, very ill.

Good luck to you, keep us posted. Remember, everyone is different on how they react to any medication. Just keep a log each day on how you feel and if it is helping you, making you sick or making you worse.

:grouphug:

heavyiron15
05-01-14, 07:34 PM
My biggest concerns would be bad depression and being dead down below, hopefully neither happens.

Taskman
05-01-14, 11:03 PM
I've been using it for over 3 years and I was pretty lucky. Only side effect was mild dry mouth which continues. Really helped me out and it builds in your system so its not like adderral which wears off.

My advice, is if your going to try it, make sure to schedule a one or two week follow up with the MD. You don't want to wait a month with the concerns you have.