View Full Version : Bipolar symptoms?

heavyiron15
05-01-14, 10:34 PM
A lot of my life I'm very cluttered and stressed, can't concentrate, anxiety attacks, I can never fully relax and appreciate life, but sometimes, and it seems to be triggered by relaxing events, but also happen randomly, I click into the zone, I get hyper productive, I'll totally clean my room and then spend an hour moving my lamp back and forth, knock out homework, then take a relaxing shower, and sit in bed thinking about how great life is, can last hours, days, I think it lasted a week once, but then it creeps back up on me. Usually flaring up bad, I decided to finally talk to my DR about it due to this more than the typical stuff of forgetting my keys 6 times in a row, catching myself pondering the difficulty of paying attention in class after I attempted to force myself to pay attention etc.

Does anyone else find their ADD, ADHD tends to cycle, or flair up and down with other mood effects?

dvdnvwls
05-01-14, 10:36 PM
So... you don't mean symptoms of bipolar disorder at all, right? You mean that with ADHD you're sometimes back and forth between periods of intense activity and equally-intense inactivity :) - is that correct?

BellaVita
05-01-14, 11:33 PM
So... you don't mean symptoms of bipolar disorder at all, right? You mean that with ADHD you're sometimes back and forth between periods of intense activity and equally-intense inactivity :) - is that correct?

Actually, it sounds like the OP could potentially be going through periods of hypomania.

OP - do you have a decreased need for sleep when this happens?