View Full Version : Anxiety + Exercise -- YouTube

tryn-optmsm
05-03-14, 05:27 PM
Hello people,

So yes, ever since I can remember myself I have very high-levels of anxiety. . . (though ofc doesn't always seem that way to other people who think I don't care)

Anyway - tangenting Tryn' ---> Was wondering if any of you found YouTube's that you exercise to on an almost daily basis -- that help reduce anxiety or help you manage it better? (not mindfulness.... more along the lines of Yogi, Yogalates....)

* Note I'm combined: hyper at times + inatent' @ others

Thanks!

sarahsweets
05-04-14, 06:19 AM
If you have a smart phone I recommend couch to 5k. There are many free variations of that one, I have a free one fro iphone called c25k. Its a very basic plan that takes you from walking/running to building up a way of running a 5k. It tells you when to run/walk and you listen to your own music at the same time. You dont have to do it with the intention of running an actual 5k but its what got me into exercise.

TygerSan
05-04-14, 08:27 AM
Agree with Sarah. I never thought I'd enjoy running but after the program I was so successful that I never stopped. I do think it's done wonders for my mood to exercise 3 times a week, too.

If you absolutely hate running: I started with EA Active and Wii Fit plus routines. They can be a bit annoying if the sensors don't catch things just right, and it only works if you have a console and the games, but they did get me moving.

willow129
05-04-14, 08:52 AM
I also use couch to 5k, it makes it so easy to get started :)

http://www.peanutbutterrunner.com/rainy-day-home-workout/ - this is a good home workout, it's really hard at first but it requires no equipment

http://www.hollymadison.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/31/Holly-Madison-30-Day-Ab-Workout-Calendar.jpg - an ab workout that gets gradually harder like couch to 5k

tryn-optmsm
05-04-14, 03:46 PM
Will def' give it a try & I appreciate the variety ! More in my toolbox to banish/exterminate/rid myself... at least reduce anxiety levels

Tx !

Essentially, if I understand you guys correctly - - there's no specific exercise that's especially helpful for reducing stress -- just as long as I get of my b** & do something... I like that idea - 'cause I don't care much for tai-chi