View Full Version : New here! :):) love from Ireland

mdpixy
05-08-14, 06:22 PM
Hi there.. I don't know how I haven't found this site earlier.:)

I'm currently in the process of being diagnosed with ADD, anxiety and biploar.
I had my mental health assessment done today and got referred to a psychiatrist(yesssssss:D) finally! although there is no-one registered to deal with ADD in my whole country :confused:

Basically coming on here and reading the stories makes me feel less alone..
everything you guys write, I'm going through.

Ive been attending college 3 days a week to get into University, I started refusing to go to school since I was a child, I've literally skimmed through life just passing. Worst attendance in primary school, high school and college.

Now I'm at a new chapter in my life and I still can't handle 3 days a week,
the lack of concentration in class.. seating plans.. ahh I dont want to socialize.

I'm sitting worrying at the fact I've class tomorrow, I've stuck through this course for 9 months.. there is over one month left and I'm terrified I'm gonna be thrown out.

I can't bring myself to go to class yet I know if they threw me out at this stage, I would never get this far in education again. Having so many people ask me "do you even go here" because that fact I'm never in class. So so horrible ah

I feel I learn better when im at home, when I don't go to class. I sit at home copying up on everything I've missed. I work just as hard as everyone else..

Sorry guys, I'm just worrying again. I'm not sure what I'm asking yous':confused:

phantasm
05-08-14, 06:46 PM
Awwww MDPIXHY you've come to the right place. There's many students on here, and graduates. I totally relate when you speak of your past school experience. Hugs to you. And welcome to ADDF

drvenom
05-08-14, 07:27 PM
Welcome to the party mdpixie

finallyfound10
05-08-14, 07:50 PM
Hi mdpixy,

Welcome! I am so glad that you found this site and are getting referred to a pdoc (we use shorthand around here a lot!)

I'm not sure how the system in Ireland works but can you get accommodations from your school to help with the concentration and anxiety? Medications can be a very big help as well!!

There are people from Ireland on here. Maybe they can help you with finding an ADD doctor. You can look these folks up in Search to send them a Private Message.

There are more too! These were the ones that I found first. I searched for Dublin then Ireland.

Good luck!!

finally :)

andy1027
05-22-14, 01:30 PM
Hi there.. I don't know how I haven't found this site earlier.:)

I'm currently in the process of being diagnosed with ADD, anxiety and biploar.
I had my mental health assessment done today and got referred to a psychiatrist(yesssssss:D) finally! although there is no-one registered to deal with ADD in my whole country :confused:

Basically coming on here and reading the stories makes me feel less alone..
everything you guys write, I'm going through.

Ive been attending college 3 days a week to get into University, I started refusing to go to school since I was a child, I've literally skimmed through life just passing. Worst attendance in primary school, high school and college.

Now I'm at a new chapter in my life and I still can't handle 3 days a week,
the lack of concentration in class.. seating plans.. ahh I dont want to socialize.

I'm sitting worrying at the fact I've class tomorrow, I've stuck through this course for 9 months.. there is over one month left and I'm terrified I'm gonna be thrown out.

I can't bring myself to go to class yet I know if they threw me out at this stage, I would never get this far in education again. Having so many people ask me "do you even go here" because that fact I'm never in class. So so horrible ah

I feel I learn better when im at home, when I don't go to class. I sit at home copying up on everything I've missed. I work just as hard as everyone else..

Sorry guys, I'm just worrying again. I'm not sure what I'm asking yous':confused:

Welcome :) There is an ADHD in Ireland facebook group if you would like to get involved in that. I can pm you the link on Facebook if you like. There are a few people in there that can help you head in the right direction.

Flory
05-22-14, 01:46 PM
Welcome

yellowflowers
05-25-14, 10:18 AM
Welcome :)

Xxx