View Full Version : Pseudodementia

Diony
05-09-14, 08:36 AM
does anyone here have that? I changed my pcp yesterday and was told that I could possibly have that! Cognitive Impairments are so confusing!

mrs. dobbs
05-09-14, 09:33 AM
Never heard of it but I had 'feelings of dementia'. Will look it up.

Fuzzy12
05-09-14, 09:34 AM
I had to look it up. I'd never heard of it though I know that depression can cause cognitive impairments. In fact, when I first saw my psychiatrists they insisted that all my issues were due to depression rather than ADHD.

Sorry, I don't know much about this. What does it feel like for you? What are the symptoms? Is it mainly memory problems, confusion, difficulty focussing, etc?

Diony
05-09-14, 10:00 AM
I had to look it up. I'd never heard of it though I know that depression can cause cognitive impairments. In fact, when I first saw my psychiatrists they insisted that all my issues were due to depression rather than ADHD.

Sorry, I don't know much about this. What does it feel like for you? What are the symptoms? Is it mainly memory problems, confusion, difficulty focussing, etc?

its those plus ive never been one to be organized, I cant even read anymore because im not interested most of the time, im not diagnosed with it because you have to get the neuropsych testing done first. I don't think its the cause of my problems because Ive always had a hard time but im scared it may be making it worse. I disassociate myself and its become automatic. 2nd nature. My friends are pushing me to sign up for ssdi but I don't want to accept that and neither am I ready to without definitive answers. I have many symptoms of adhd so i thought it was possibly that but so many of those symptoms coinside with other conditions.

*Difficulty paying attention to details and tendency to make careless mistakes in school or other activities; producing work that is often messy and careless

*Easily distracted by irrelevant stimuli and frequently interrupting ongoing tasks to attend to trivial noises or events that are usually ignored by others
*Inability to sustain attention on tasks or activities
*Difficulty finishing schoolwork or paperwork or performing tasks that require concentration
*Frequent shifts from one uncompleted activity to another
*Procrastination
*Disorganized work habits
*Forgetfulness in daily activities (for example, missing appointments, forgetting to bring lunch)
*Failure to complete tasks such as homework or chores
*Frequent shifts in conversation, not listening to others, not keeping one's mind on conversations, and not following details or rules of activities in social situations
all i did was copy and paste and add astericks but i have every single one of them
i have an abnormality of the left temporal lobe so its all confusing. I pretty much have to rely on the testing i have next month and July!

mrs. dobbs
05-09-14, 10:11 AM
:grouphug: diony.

Diony
05-09-14, 10:35 AM
thanks Mrs.Dobbs!

:grouphug: diony.