View Full Version : Risperdal and Adderall Question

Traveler5
05-09-14, 06:13 PM
I currently take 1.5mg of Risperdal (taken at night) and 20mg of Adderall (taken during the daytime). I have been wondering if Risperdal decreases the overall effectiveness of Adderall treating my ADHD? Is Risperdal making Adderall less effective for me?

Thanks!

peripatetic
05-10-14, 08:01 AM
i is Risperdal decreases the overall effectiveness of Adderall treating my ADHD? Is Risperdal making Adderall less effective for me?

have you felt it decrease in efficacy of late and suspect it's the risperdal or is this more a you're just wondering generally if it does? there's a huge range of response to any one medication and taking things in combination. it's always a balancing act and adjustments are often needed to the best balance possible, which is still imperfect.

i think it's near certain your risperdal has some type/amount of impact on your adderall and, yes, it *could* be reducing its efficacy. if you feel it has, or does in the future, definitely bring it up with your psychiatrist and s/he might be able to make an adjustment somewhere. i would discourage trying to make adjustments or discontinuing on your own/without her/his knowing

Traveler5
05-12-14, 03:00 PM
have you felt it decrease in efficacy of late and suspect it's the risperdal or is this more a you're just wondering generally if it does? there's a huge range of response to any one medication and taking things in combination. it's always a balancing act and adjustments are often needed to the best balance possible, which is still imperfect.

i think it's near certain your risperdal has some type/amount of impact on your adderall and, yes, it *could* be reducing its efficacy. if you feel it has, or does in the future, definitely bring it up with your psychiatrist and s/he might be able to make an adjustment somewhere. i would discourage trying to make adjustments or discontinuing on your own/without her/his knowing

Thanks! I have been on Risperdal for a year now and can't say I've noticed any significant changes although I suspect that it has decreased the full benefit of Adderall in my system. It's more of a hunch/suspicion than anything. I *think* I have either heard or read that Risperdal will will decrease the benefits of stimulants for ADHD.