View Full Version : Delayed Sleep Phase

alisa180
05-13-14, 07:35 AM
Something is very wrong. I am up late, and at 4am I am suddenly focusing better on my schoolwork then I have in weeks. Why I am focusing better now, at this time, without medication even, then I have WITH medication for a while!?

XPATMA
05-13-14, 11:17 AM
I can't say I've ever had anything like that but I am a bit jealous. Is this the first time it's ever happened to you?

alisa180
05-13-14, 03:44 PM
You don't WANT to be jealous. I'm supposed to be up at 7:30am for school. Which I slept in and missed. And it's not the first time either no.

It'sPeter
05-13-14, 04:34 PM
I kinda recognize what you mean. Although with me it's just a short window before I get really too woozy from lack of sleep, but the two hours or so deep in the night before that , I can work along quite nicely.

My theory, and it's based on nothing but my thoughts, is that when my body is craving for sleep (between 3 and 5 AM), it's so tired that it can no longer provide the energy to be scanning for distractions ('where's the next fix of dopamine!'). I get a bit numb and slow, but for me that 'stoney' feel is a sweet spot, because I only focus on thing really, and that's exactly what I need then, provided it's homework or something else important.