View Full Version : Wellbutrin screwing up my SSRI and making me hyper

TheNarrator
05-20-14, 01:54 PM
So I've been on Celexa 20mg for about a month and it has been great at decreasing my anxiety, negative thoughts, increasing my patience and making me overall quite happy. But, on the down side, my motivation is a little worse and so is my focus (both of these were a problem before too).

So we added Wellbutrin 150mg XR (for a month, then titrate up) to the Celexa 20mg. I have been on it 4 days now, and slowly but steadily my patience and mood have been decreasing toward prior levels. I'm afraid after a week I might be the same angry impatient person I had become. Not to mention the near constant foot tapping and excess energy (that was not an issue before).

Has anyone else experienced any of these issues. I know I will need to call my Dr, and ask her opinion too. But I wanted some first hand experience too.

Thanks

Gypsy Willow
10-13-14, 02:29 PM
So you were taking Celexa and Wellbutrin together? I'm about to start doing this, as Wellbutrin alone is starting to make me this obsessive, irritable person. It does however, help the ADD! It also helped me quit smoking.

I'm needing the Celexa to calm me down!

Corina86
10-14-14, 04:44 AM
I took Wellbutrin for ADHD and I had the similar issues: irritability, anger, restlessness, insomnia, anxiety, high blood pressure. Plus it didn't help at all with the ADHD. I now take Concerta XL (for ADHD) and a beta-blocker for high pulse/high blood pressure, which also helps me with my anxiety. Occasionally, I take a small dose of phenobarbital for sleep or very high anxiety, but I'm trying to take it as rare as possible.

Some drugs just don't work for certain people.

TheNarrator
10-14-14, 04:26 PM
Update: I had to up both doses. I am now at 40mg of Celexa and 300mg Wellbutrin and its been working great for over 4 months now. I just had to increase them over the first couple of months to get them to work together. And I am now, patient, calm, not worried or having constant negative thoughts. I am 100% happier. In fact, my 12 year old daughter who also has ADD which was manifesting as anxiety issues as well is on 10mg Celexa and it is like night and day, she is 100% happier and doing so much better in school and dealing with problems. I could never go back to my old self!