View Full Version : ADHD Inattentive-Bipolar. Can't sleep. Adderall.

RMG046
05-29-14, 01:57 AM
Hello,
I started Adderall about 9 days ago. I started at 10 mgs once a day and the last 2 days bumped up to 10 mgs twice a day. I haven't slept well since starting the Adderall.
I usually go to bed around 9:30pm every night and I haven't been to bed any earlier than 11:30 this whole week. It is now 1am.
Not only am I ADHD (inattentive) I am bipolar as well. I am nervous Adderall is going to send me in to a manic episode, but I REALLY need to be able to focus and not get fired from a job.

Is there any drug I should look in to for Inattentive ADHD with Bipolar if Adderall doesn't feel right?

sarahsweets
05-29-14, 04:41 AM
Stimulants can be dangerous for people with bipolar or at least difficult HOWEVER if you are monitored by a good doctor they can be just as effective. You do have to watch the potential for mania and anxiety. If you havent slept well its a sign that the dose could be too high. As anyone with bipolar would know, lack of sleep is almost a guarantee that we will be riding the mania train soon.

electricbipolar
07-22-14, 04:12 PM
Adderall sent me into a full blown manic episode. After that, they prescribed me Strattera, a non-stim. It has worked well for me. Best of luck to you!