View Full Version : joined the gym today

silivrentoliel
05-29-14, 03:16 PM
this is a massive step for me... I talk about it, but never actually make it in the door to join... and since they have specific swimming times for laps, I'm hoping this will make it easier on me to go...

I'm actually quite proud of myself... now... if I can just get the follow through part to work, I might actually find myself adorable again in the future!

MarkAfterDark
05-29-14, 08:24 PM
Congrats on taking that first step!:yes:

peripatetic
05-29-14, 08:41 PM
that's awesome :D x

BellaVita
05-29-14, 10:18 PM
Good job!!! :)

Abi
05-29-14, 10:23 PM
You are already adorable.

Let's work together. We can be accountability buddies.

I have 77 lbs to lose. How about you?

Abi
05-29-14, 10:24 PM
CiCi.. come see me on Skype?

sarahsweets
05-30-14, 04:59 AM
You are already adorable! Anyhow what helped me turn my desire for exercise into a habit was to start slow and do it everyday. When I first started I only did 15 minutes on the treadmill. Then I was able to work to 30. Now I do between 2-3 miles in about 30 minutes and its no longer walking, its mostly running. The other thing that saved my as* was a personal trainer. It can be pricey but my gym has packages where you can buy 30 minute sessions. His workouts are the best I have ever had. Its a total body cardio with weight training work out. He has me using weights, the TRX straps,kettle bells etc. I have so much definition now. I only had to lose about 15 lbs and I am down 20. I was up to an 8/10 size and now am a 6/8 so I am very happy. Its the best I have felt in my life, If I had only known how good I would feel I would have joined sooner. The point is, to build the habit you have to keep your goals small, consistent and doable. Anything more or overshooting it and you will want to give up. PM me anytime.

silivrentoliel
05-30-14, 09:57 AM
I'm going to be mostly swimming... because it's quiet and I don't feel like people are watching me... and I love swimming. I didn't go today though, because I figure I'm going to my friend's house to clean up her cat house (she does adult cat rescue, I'm her kitten foster home) because she has the flu and just can't right now... and I'm nice like that :)

I'll have to look at their schedule to see when lap swimming is for the weekends though... if they don't have it, I'll just start bright and early Monday morning.

And yeah, Abi... let's be accountability buddies! I'd love to loose at LEAST 50lbs. More if I can :)