View Full Version : Meeting New People

slammer21
05-30-14, 11:13 AM
Hello everyone,

I have been depressed lately. Not too depressed, but a little discouraged. I used to live in North Carolina, and I moved from NC to Florida. I'm living on my own with my boyfriend. I'm having a hard time adjusting here and I feel like i'm never going to meet anyone new that I actually mesh well with. For the most part I am a social person, but I'm so caught up in my former friends from NC that I don't know if I'm just blocking any chance of meeting new people, or if i'm just being anti-social. I'm an older girl, 23 and turning 24 June 17th. I feel like there are a lot of young people in this area down here, but they are all kind of immature and i'm looking for girls that are more mature for their age and have the same morals that I do. Is it me, or is it my location? I can't decipher? I want so badly to meet people so that I can be comfortable, but it's hard. The only person I know here is my Boyfriend, and he's having no problem meeting other new people! Any suggestions would be great to have! Thanks.

dvdnvwls
05-30-14, 01:47 PM
I think if you go looking for people it's very difficult. In my opinion, the key is to do. Join activities and groups where you'll do things you enjoy. Most of the time, people who enjoy doing the same things you do will also be people who you get along with.

You mentioned "the same morals" - I'm not sure what that means, but one thing that it could mean is that there are charity organizations, church groups, and so on that you can volunteer with or start attending.

Do interesting things, and you will meet interesting people, kind of by accident but not really an accident.

Greyhound1
05-30-14, 08:29 PM
Great advice DVD!

someothertime
05-31-14, 02:18 AM
older! :faint: yup, feeding off dvd...

planning your week around various circles.... then accepting / initiating things on the fly seems to be the way forward.

i'm very much amateur at this.... the circles works/ed... though the harnessing the connections is still something to develop alot.

with me... it seems that structured activities pave the way for good relations / comfort / connection.... the second i narrow the focus to people alone things go awry.... not so much from the other peeps, but i just overthink things and chase my tail :doh: like dvd eluded too...

so yeah...... regular, various circles... :)

slammer21
06-01-14, 11:58 AM
Thank you guys. I definitely think you are right in saying that i shouldnt just go looking. I need to really get out there and get involved. I think im looking into this too much.