View Full Version : a new hope!

Diony
05-30-14, 11:17 AM
soo ive been thinking about going back to school, I don't owe much in school loans and im interested in social work. It may be intense but I feel like it is more rewarding. Im not sure if my brain could handle a desk job day to day. the only other major obstacle that I know about becoming a social worker at this point is that I don't drive.

dvdnvwls
05-30-14, 02:46 PM
If you're interested then you should definitely explore the possibility. I suggest you talk with some social workers about what the job is like, learn what you can from them. Hearing their stories will give you a far better idea than reading about it.

I think social workers do have to be able to get places quickly at odd times; the not driving could potentially be a "deal-breaker" as they say - but I'm not a social worker so what do I know?

I also sort of think of social workers as having to keep meticulous file records on all the people they work with, to not misplace or forget any information and so on. That's something I would need a lot of support with if it was part of my job.... but again talk to social workers themselves, they may tell you that's not the problem.

Diony
05-30-14, 03:11 PM
ahhh its killed at the meticulous file records. maybe human resources I can do. I want to do something that has meaning to it otherwise id lose it! lol

dvdnvwls
05-30-14, 03:51 PM
ahhh its killed at the meticulous file records. maybe human resources I can do. I want to do something that has meaning to it otherwise id lose it! lol
Hey don't take my word for it! Go talk to the people who know.