View Full Version : Flooded With Anxiety

Lunacie
06-02-14, 12:10 PM
Can you deal with just one thing at a time, no matter how bad it is, but then fall apart if you have to handle several things all at once?

I suppose I'm just venting here.

1. Dead tooth broke, saw dentist about getting it pulled, blood pressure was high, he won't pull it without okay from doctor.

I don't have health insurance, go to free clinic, see whatever doctor is volunteering that evening.

2. Called for jury duty (first time ever at 63 years old). I avoid social situations because of horrible allergy to perfume, aftershave, cologne, fabric softener, scented candles, plug in air freshener - any chemical scent actually.

Can only be excused with a letter from doctor. See #1.

3. My boss has forgotten to leave paychecks a couple of times lately. When this happens she has her bank mail them out. When I saw her husband on Sunday I asked about my paycheck - he couldn't get ahold of her, so he wrote me a check. She called Sunday evening to say the bank had sent my check and it had been cashed. But I didn't get it in the mail and I didn't cash it !!!

I don't know if that means I have to pay her back, or if she has to swallow the loss. I guess it's up to her to compare the signature on the back of the stolen check to all the other paychecks I've endorsed over the last 10 years. I know where the money is at work, and the girls sometimes leave tips laying out on their stations - I've never stolen any money at work.

All this on top of my broken toe, a possible short in the wiring on my car, and trying to get an estimate to get the trim on my house repainted. Too much stress all at once. :(

Added: We are also at risk for severe storms and tornados today and tonight. Blech.

Fuzzy12
06-02-14, 12:46 PM
That is too much stress all at once. None of those things are easy to deal with on their own but all of them happening together at the same...no wonder you are feeling stressed. :(

I hope you can get your tooth fixed soon and I hope you'll get a good dentist. Dental problems aren't fun, especially not with complicating other medical conditions, let alone without insurance.

Regarding the paycheck, I think, you definitely need to asap inform both your boss and the bank that it wasn't you who cashed the cheque. I'm not sure who carries the responsibility or the loss but I wonder if it's the bank considering that they accepted it with a forged signature. I don't think you should have to pay the money back as none of this is your fault in any way.

It's an unpleasant situation but I can't imagine that after 10 years she'd suspect you of fraud or of risking your position.

Hope everything gets sorted soon and you (or anyone else) won't be affected too bad by the storm. Huge hugs!!!:grouphug:

stef
06-02-14, 02:21 PM
that"s too much!!!!
once you see the dr at the clinic that will sort out part of it...
maybe don't worry about the trim of house yet...:grouphug:

Lunacie
06-02-14, 04:13 PM
Thank you Fuzzy and Stef. :grouphug:

I knew I was feeling stressed, but didn't realize how much reason there is until I began listing it.

My daughter was reassuring that it can't possibly be my responsibility that the paycheck was stolen and cashed by someone else. She thinks my boss needs to ask the bank where it was cashed as well as checking the signature on the back.

Only a couple of hours until I go to the clinic. I hope the doctor who saw me there before is there this evening. She was very understanding about the anxiety. But since it's a volunteer position, it could be anyone. More anxiety.

Dizfriz
06-02-14, 04:20 PM
Sometimes it just seems that Murphy was a optimist.

Take care, as my grandmother used to say "this too shall pass"

Take care of yourself

Dizfriz

Lunacie
06-02-14, 05:13 PM
"... Murphy was an optimist ..." :lol:

Oddly, the check from my boss was in the mail today. Should have been here by Wednesday.

But ... how did it seem that someone else had already cashed it? :scratch:

Too weird. :eyebrow:

Couldn't talk to the boss, could only leave her a voice message.

Lunacie
06-02-14, 09:01 PM
I explained to the doctor the reasons I think it best if I'm excused from jury duty ...
he thought for a moment and decided he could write a note based on "her stated history"
backed up by the script for anti-anxiety meds I've been taking for 3 years.

Bless his pea-pickin' little heart. :) Soon see if the court clerk considers it good.

He agreed with the dentist that my blood pressure is too high, so he added a diuretic to my meds.

No bad weather today, but tomorrow the risks are very high.

So I got through one day and don't have to worry about the paycheck snafu anymore,
and may not have to worry about jury duty.

One by one, these things may be passing. Thanks Dizfriz.