View Full Version : Chat issue.

crazymama05
03-30-05, 02:41 PM
Ian has tried and tried again to help me resolve my issue. I am unable to access the chat room. We have tried many solutions, to no avail. We cant figure it out. Maybe someone here can figure this out.

I have IE 6.0
I have the correct Java applications.
I have Windows XP
I have tried to turning off my firewall
I have tried internet options-delete cookies, temp files, stored history
I even tried going to the sigma-chat website to resolve this issue, no help there either.

I am totally baffled. When I first joined this forum, I was able to access it. Now for some reason I can not. I have changed nothing. I have two computers, a desktop and a laptop, (laptop applications are the same windows xp and IE 6.0) and can not access from either computer. I have also tried using IE as the webbrowser and MSN premium as the webbrowser, and it just wont work.

Someone, anyone, please help. I need to chat, I will just die if I cant chat. Chat, chat, chat, its what I do. And plus, it relieves my H from having to listen to a lot of my mindless babble.

Thank you for listening.

Andrew
03-30-05, 03:15 PM
Have you gone to www.java.com and downloaded the latest version of Java?

Ian
03-30-05, 03:29 PM
Multiple threads on this issue make it really tough for someone to help. As you can tell, now Andrew is starting at the begining.
Cheers! Ian.

Andrew
03-30-05, 03:37 PM
Downloading the latest version solves a majotity of people's chat connection problems

crazymama05
03-30-05, 04:39 PM
Andrew, yes I have the latest version.

Ian, sorry bout that, I wanted to post a link from there to here, but do not know how.

I tried to remember all I have tried, but misspoke on the Java thing. Also, I tried entering a new password.

Toby
03-30-05, 06:36 PM
Try enabling cookies and then logging into the forums. Then open chat.

I only ever get the password window up for a fraction of a second, then it autocompletes with a little help from the server. I'm assuming it does this by accessing the cookie that VBulletin leaves.

crime_scene
03-30-05, 09:04 PM
I had some trouble with McAfee security, but I've switched to Norton and let Norton handle everything, firewall, spam, virus the whole enchilada.

I was always fiddling with allowing certin websites in 2 different places etc. and I was never able to access my hotmail account.

I think the cookie monster could be part of the problem.

But I really know nothing about techno stuff, just my one penny.

RhapsodyInBlue
03-30-05, 11:33 PM
Go To ->Start->Programs->Set Program access and defaults->Custom->Choose A Default Virtual Machine For Java-> Click Use My Current Virtual Machine For Java->Click Enable Access To This Program

Right Click on your C:\Drive-Properties, and click-Cleanup. Clear History from within Internet Explorer.

Reboot. Log on to ADDF and go to chat. ;)

I think this is a java problem. I hope this helps crazymama :)

Ian
03-31-05, 01:45 AM
Down right optomistic about that one Viktoria. Gracias

RhapsodyInBlue
03-31-05, 08:38 AM
Thank you Ian. Sometimes, Windoze forgets settings. :confused: I'm hoping we can fix up Crazymama's PC so she can chat! ;)

Ian
03-31-05, 10:19 AM
Forgets settings.. you know... I just don't miss it! :D

minn306
03-31-05, 10:20 AM
"forgets things"...........now that does not sound like anybody around here, now does it???

RhapsodyInBlue
03-31-05, 10:24 AM
Windoze was created with ADHD. Am I the only one who knew that?? :D:D