View Full Version : It's Hard to Make a Difference When You Can't Find Your Keys

pidderpadder
08-08-03, 10:43 PM
I was imediately drawn to this book because of the title. I was guarded about purchasing it though, wanting not to buy another book that just had general organizing tips. I had to know that this book would somehow address the ADD-type of disorganization, the neurologically-based disorganiation.

I was thrilled to turn the cover over and see that Dr. Hallowell uses it and recommends it to his patients.

I have only just begun reading it and doing the exercises, however, I am commited to doing so. I really like how she states that we must go through the emotional & spiritual baggage in order to conquer our clutter & disorganized lifestyle patterns. It was the perfect book for me to get after Scattered, by Gabor Mate. He tells you about the setting of ADD, and she tells you how to change the plot and therefore the current setting.

That's my theatrical blurb. I want to hear from anyone else who might have gotten this one.

TaTa

Pidderpadder

Jonathan
09-17-03, 12:19 PM
Before I stumbled across ADD, a month and a half ago, I had been looking for books on overcoming procrastination, organisational problems etc, and although the two I had bought had some good points in them (I even finished one of them!), I could barely get started - my problems seemed so deep, psychological. Now it's clear that I need to bring my new ADD-aware perspective to the problem, so I've read your review here with interest, and might well give the book a go (if I do, I'll report back here).

Where did you go, Pidderpadder, by the way?