View Full Version : interesting blog, good all around info on how some AD/HD meds/nutritional treatment

datajunkie
06-06-14, 12:33 PM
http://adhd-treatment-options.blogspot.com/
I was concerned at first since the blogger remained anonymous that it would be filled with airy fairy pseudoscience similar to some crap I'm reading by a chiropractor turned genetic and amino acid tea leave reader who claims to cure AD/HD and dysautonomias. And has so few clients he must troll facebook groups for rubes to separate from their money.
But instead I was glad to find some well written info that appears quite objective. good info on how genetic differences and environmental factors can affect dopamine and norepinephrine as well as some in depth info on using supplements such as tyrosine plus dietary cofactors to help boost DA/NE--at least to the limit that such cofactors can help.
Info on various meds, how sex, hormones, age, specific genes, enzymes can all affect how meds work or don't work. Then general information on nutrition is useful to everyone. The interactions of vitamins, minerals, and more plus factors like environmental toxins may help anyone feel better and for AD/HD'ers either reduce the amount of medication needed or help reduce side effects. Might not be enough to make meds unnecessary yet enough to help the brain and body feel and work better.

mildadhd
06-06-14, 12:48 PM
http://adhd-treatment-options.blogspot.com/
I was concerned at first since the blogger remained anonymous that it would be filled with airy fairy pseudoscience similar to some crap I'm reading by a chiropractor turned genetic and amino acid tea leave reader who claims to cure AD/HD and dysautonomias. And has so few clients he must troll facebook groups for rubes to separate from their money.
But instead I was glad to find some well written info that appears quite objective. good info on how genetic differences and environmental factors can affect dopamine and norepinephrine as well as some in depth info on using supplements such as tyrosine plus dietary cofactors to help boost DA/NE--at least to the limit that such cofactors can help.
Info on various meds, how sex, hormones, age, specific genes, enzymes can all affect how meds work or don't work. Then general information on nutrition is useful to everyone. The interactions of vitamins, minerals, and more plus factors like environmental toxins may help anyone feel better and for AD/HD'ers either reduce the amount of medication needed or help reduce side effects. Might not be enough to make meds unnecessary yet enough to help the brain and body feel and work better.

Wow!

P

mildadhd
06-06-14, 01:55 PM
Although I can't find any information posted about ADHD and Emotion?

P

datajunkie
06-06-14, 06:06 PM
No, not much. I did find that putting in specific words such as fear, anger, emotion, did bring up some posts. I suspect the blogger was concentrating more on the what is going on and how to influence the bodymind through various treatments rather than more discussion of emotional storms and how to cope with learning strategies.
Emotions are a combination of a physical state plus a belief about what that state means. A fine line between fun, fear and a fight. All high arousal. Adrenaline can be euphoric as well as frightening. Perhaps looking for aspects of the physical state and how that can be influenced might give you more information about what can affect emotions.

Lunacie
06-06-14, 08:23 PM
Although I can't find any information posted about ADHD and Emotion?

P

The blogger writes that he gets most of his information from PubMed.
Have you looked there for info on ADHD and emotions?
Or you might write to this blogger and suggest he do a blog on the subject.

mildadhd
06-07-14, 12:43 AM
THIS BLOG IS ALL ABOUT THE EXPLORATION OF ADHD! WE WILL INVESTIGATE THE CAUSES, SYMPTOMS AND CONVENTIONAL (AS WELL AS UNCONVENTIONAL) TREATMENTS FOR ADHD.

If the author is reading, I like your blog.

And would like to discuss and explore all about ADHD and Emotion. (specifically the 7 complex unconditioned emotional responses) if your interested?

P