View Full Version : Sct

carlovik
06-11-14, 03:22 PM
Hello

Im a sure that i have sluggish cognitive tempo. I would like to know if people who have SCT feel dizzy, like if you were in another world.

Pd: sorry for my english :)

jman05
06-11-14, 04:43 PM
No. I don't.

Uberend
06-12-14, 11:01 AM
Obviously, SCT hasn't been classified properly.

I think I have SCT and I know what you mean. It feels like your in a constant dream all the time - yeah, you could say dizzy. Everything seems to run in slow motion

Dream-like state is the main thing, at least for me

NaterS
07-13-14, 12:38 AM
I think I'm in the same boat as well...

As Uberend said it is not yet a disorder with a specific set of symptoms. The problem is, so many symptoms overlap each other when it comes to concentration, depression, anxiety, impaired memory, chronic fatigue ect. that (sadly) we don't even have a majority of psychiatrists and psychologists even supporting the likelihood of such a disorder. Some argue that it just not different than ADHD PI.

My guess is Dr. Barkley will be the one to sort out the symptoms, whether it tuns out to be a separate disorder or a new/existing subtype, and oversee a lot of the possible treatments over the next decade or two. It will take a large amount of time to put together studies proving its existence, cause, and more or less, safe treatments. Just testing one new medication takes a rather long amount of time.

Currently the suggested medications, according to Barkely, are straterra or a low dose of stimulant medication.