View Full Version : Chat is not Operating Correctly

RhapsodyInBlue
03-31-05, 01:34 PM
Ok, we have all been through thread after thread on chat. Today, Ancient tried to log in and received the identical errors that Crazymama did.

I told him to uninstall Java and Reinstall, set program access and rights, clear cookies, allow cookies, clear history. Everything. I checked his PC:rolleyes: , and I SAW the error.

The chat comes up with his name, but does not log him in like it does me.

I believe this is a fault with the forum chat, as this now appears to be happening to a few.

At least I "Know" Ancient's PC is accepting cookies, has Java enabled, etc, with others I don't.

Andrew? Ian? Can one of you look into this, as it is clearly a problem on the other end.....now I have "seen" the evidence myself.

Ancient IS good for something:D

PS. Crazymama, apologies about getting you to do all those things ;)

Andrew
03-31-05, 01:39 PM
I'll take a look at our error logs. TY.

RhapsodyInBlue
03-31-05, 01:46 PM
;) Ty.

crazymama05
03-31-05, 02:10 PM
Blue, no need to apologize. I look at it as a learning experience. It teaches me things about my computer.

I will admit though, I am happy to see it is not just me. I tried your last suggestion and it didnt work either. I am allowing cookies, and my Java is working correctly. I still cant get in.

So thanks for the vidication Blue. :D (and Anceint)

Andrew
03-31-05, 02:21 PM
Chat works for me, and works for other too (according to the logs). Give it some time to load...it took a good 5-7 seconds for it to load chat (Its a Java application after all)

crazymama05
03-31-05, 02:46 PM
Nope, it just sends me to the sign-in page and says, "username or password invalid, please try again," then I click on log in and it says, "verifying password please wait," then after a couple of seconds it says the username and password invalid again.

I still think this has something to do with the forum, or more to the point, getting my title. Cause I could access the chat before I had the title. And I cant access the chat on two different computers and a whole host of different internet browsers. And I cant access it on either one.

Andrew
03-31-05, 03:03 PM
Try it now, please

Ian
03-31-05, 03:47 PM
Viktoria, will Ancient's browser allow the web applications to work for yahoo group chat through their web site? That is a good test java application when you use your browser to access the chat groups.

crazymama05
03-31-05, 04:14 PM
Ian,

Would this apply to MSN chat rooms too? I can get into my chat on MSN. I can access yahoo chat too.

What does this mean?

RhapsodyInBlue
04-01-05, 02:22 AM
Viktoria, will Ancient's browser allow the web applications to work for yahoo group chat through their web site? That is a good test java application when you use your browser to access the chat groups.
Apology for the late reply, but yes, yahoo chat loads. He also got into FlyLady Chat:eek: , which is Java.

He can view Java e-greeting, because I get the spam:eek: :cool: ;) ........

This "appears" to be a selective problem to some users. I will get him to try here again now.

Thanks Ian! :)

RhapsodyInBlue
04-01-05, 02:25 AM
Chat works for me, and works for other too (according to the logs). Give it some time to load...it took a good 5-7 seconds for it to load chat (Its a Java application after all)
Andrew, on DSL 1500kbps, Ancient can wait all day for chat to load, and it gives an error, the identical one to Crazymama.

If he can't get in now, I'll get a screen print so you can see exactly what is happening to them. I am equally as puzzled as he can load any other Java chat, same as Crazymama.:confused:

Thank you :)

crazymama05
04-01-05, 02:26 AM
I'M IN, I'M IN, HOORAY, I'M IN!!!!!!!!!!THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU......

Now I am afraid to leave.........:D

RhapsodyInBlue
04-01-05, 02:43 AM
Guess what? After being in chat with Kima, Claws and several others about 12 hrs ago, I can no longer get in. :confused: :cool: :cool: :cool:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v155/Anastashya/ChatError.jpg

:eek:

Ancient Music
04-01-05, 02:57 AM
Im obviously logged in, I can access other Yahoo Groups chat rooms,...........Im still not able to access the chat room here with the error message the same as Viktorias.:confused: :mad:

"Invalid user name or password"

minn306
04-01-05, 08:35 AM
CRAZYMAMA IS IN...........

HIP HIP HORRAY

HIP HIP HORRAY

:D :D :D :D :D :D

crazymama05
04-01-05, 11:47 AM
Blue...that is the same page I would get!!! I just got in again. I hope that your issues are resolved too. What a cunundrum!!!

Andrew
04-01-05, 12:11 PM
Try it now, please.

RhapsodyInBlue
04-01-05, 12:20 PM
Try it now, please.
YES!!! Thank you Andrew :)

Ian
04-01-05, 12:30 PM
You da man!

Andrew
04-01-05, 12:37 PM