View Full Version : opiate addict,taking suboxone for it,but also vyvanse for adhd

misery10
06-16-14, 03:13 AM
hey I'm new here,I wanted to see if I am only one,I been on and off ADHD meds when I was on them did fine but no insurance prevented that,so after surgery I found something I thought wAs fixing everything hydrocodone,after awhile I was up to 20-25 a day.finally after 11 years I finally got disability and have been on suboxone for 5years,vyvanse 3 years,klonopin 6,also I had resistant depression took everything out when I started the suboxone and vyvanse together it boosted my low dopamine levels and in great,I do still take Zoloft,but point is im37 and can function again,good with family,made friends,dating,care about my looks.but one thing now I'm scared to come off suboxone any advice would be appreciated

Timberline
06-16-14, 10:59 AM
I'm sorry, I have no experience to help you, but I wanted to welcome you to the forum! I hope someone will have some helpful words for you soon!
T-L

SonicShoes
08-28-14, 01:51 PM
i've gota good mate that has found: CDP choline, Aniracetam, Tianeptine, and L Theanine helpful in his opiate addiction and battling it. Adding these ontop of what he was already doing helped him resist and get past his addiction (albeit it is continually something he fights).

Laserbeak
08-29-14, 01:25 AM
I suffer from chronic pain -- part of the radius bone in my arm has surgically been removed over a decade ago and it still hurts like hell sometimes, so I have to take something for that. Right now, I'm on oxycodone 5mg 3x a day. I think it has a worse reputation (especially the time-release form OxyContin) than hydrocodone, but for me has caused much fewer problems with less undesirable side effects, especially mentally. I don't really know much about suboxone other than it's used both for a painkiller and to help people get off stronger but short-acting opiates like heroin, somewhat like methadone. Good luck in any case. Oh and if you suffer from diarrhea from opiate withdrawal, buy the OTC drug Loperamide. It is actually an opiate itself, but can not successfully cross the blood-brain barrier permanently, so doesn't get you high or anything, but it has the same effects on the gut.

VeryTired
08-29-14, 10:47 AM
Why do you need to come off the suboxone? What does your doctor say?