View Full Version : It's ADHD-PI

GuinaPaulo
06-16-14, 08:20 AM
Sorry for making another "I have ADHD-PI?" thread.

Brief history: I've always been a distracted person, since my childhood, often making really stupid mistakes, problems with obligations(never starting or finish them). But also since my childhood, I always tried to learn new stuff all the time, but as always never accomplished anything.

But in the last month I started to feel depressed because of my problems with procrastination and motivation, I'm tired of never achieving my goals.

And yes, I daydream all the time, when I'm walking, taking a bath, talking with someone, watching a movie or reading something, and that is why I make careless mistakes.(Also one the reasons why I waste a LOT of time)

I'm always using a to-do list(If I don't use it I forget everything), but I very rarely start these tasks, and at the end of the day I feel frustrated.

Sorry for my english.

ccmcdonald0611
06-16-14, 08:49 AM
Everything you said is very familiar. Even the most negative consequences couldn't make me do things (ie paying a ticket so my license doesn't get suspended.)

I realized that I can't look back on anything in my life and say I completed something important. Anything I start, never gets finished. For instance, I play fantasy football and am the commissioner of a league. I set my sights on building my own trophy and was super focused (This was going to be the best trophy ever). In one day I got all of the pieces I needed and got 3/4's of it done! By the next day, any desire to even look at it was gone. That was 5 months ago. And I haven't touched it. Ok, so it's just a trophy, so what? The problem is that is my whole life in a nutshell. A grand idea to start something but it can't last for more than one super-focused day. More often than not, anything more than an hour doesn't usually last.

sarahsweets
06-16-14, 10:22 AM
I suspect that many people who identify as PI are actually combined.

MarkAfterDark
06-16-14, 06:53 PM
Sorry for making another "I have ADHD-PI?" thread.

Brief history: I've always been a distracted person, since my childhood, often making really stupid mistakes, problems with obligations(never starting or finish them). But also since my childhood, I always tried to learn new stuff all the time, but as always never accomplished anything.

But in the last month I started to feel depressed because of my problems with procrastination and motivation, I'm tired of never achieving my goals.

And yes, I daydream all the time, when I'm walking, taking a bath, talking with someone, watching a movie or reading something, and that is why I make careless mistakes.(Also one the reasons why I waste a LOT of time)

I'm always using a to-do list(If I don't use it I forget everything), but I very rarely start these tasks, and at the end of the day I feel frustrated.

Sorry for my english.

Obrigado, GuinaPaulo.

eu acho que o seu InglÍs ť muito bom.