View Full Version : Klutzes Unite!

OhLookABunny
06-16-14, 11:53 PM
Are you like me, capable of tripping over the pattern in the linoleum, or almost choking on your own saliva? Do objects mysteriously slip between your fingers when you pick them up? Do doorknobs reach out and grab your pants pockets or purse straps?

I am such a klutz - sometimes it can be soooo annoying :mad: although it does make for some funny stories later. :lol:

From what I can figure out, people with ADD are probably klutzier than non-ADD folks. So I thought I'd post this thread - if you have had a really aggravating klutz-up, hop on and vent. If it's funny, share it with your fellow klutzes! :grouphug:

Unmanagable
06-17-14, 12:22 AM
Hahahaha! Yepper. I'm an accident just waiting to happen. :)

OhLookABunny
06-17-14, 09:40 AM
Well, let's hope it's not a serious one if it does happen! :eek:

I'm also, unfortunately, a recovering hoarder/clutterbug :o - some of it is acquiring too many "shiny things" (not literally bling so much as things that interest me, and I have a zillion interests). The rest is just that life gets on top of me so quickly. Anyway, I'm good at creating further tripping hazards for myself as if life doesn't already provide me enough opportunities to fall on my face or my derriere.

Soooo.... I'm battling back one bit of unnecessary paper, one box to the DAV, at a time. Getting the energy to do it and focusing and staying focused is a challenge, but I do want clean and functional surroundings, I want it really bad.

stef
06-17-14, 09:45 AM
I really thought that "doorknob/purse" thing only happened to me.

Also we have this ornately decorated stair railing at work, I keep catching my cape on it.
(I am not a superhero I just like knit capes!)

flightybird
06-17-14, 10:01 AM
I have decided that the next house we move into, we can't have any drawers with the long, flat handles that stick off of them (I really hope that description makes sense!) Every time I'm in the kitchen and turn around to do something, my belt loops catch on the end of the handle and jerk out the drawers. Sometimes it sends silverware flying, and other times just scares the beejeezus outta me. I'm seriously waiting for the day that I wind up ripping my pants!

OhLookABunny
06-17-14, 08:07 PM
Wow, that makes three of us with the door handle thing! I had wondered if that one was just me. Guess not!

amusednchaos
07-30-14, 03:13 AM
OMG! I so relate to all of the above. Especially the belt loops vs. doorknobs/anything that protrudes even slightly at hip level. But I bet you guys haven't done this one... I have been cutting my own hair for years then suddenly, this evening, I get the urge to trim my bangs. Ended up poking myself in the eye with them. Yup. Reminds me of a time years ago I sat on a pair of scissors... Maybe I should stay away from scissors... and knives! Cut my hand open slicing an avocado.

OhLookABunny
08-11-14, 08:45 PM
OMG! I so relate to all of the above. Especially the belt loops vs. doorknobs/anything that protrudes even slightly at hip level. But I bet you guys haven't done this one... I have been cutting my own hair for years then suddenly, this evening, I get the urge to trim my bangs. Ended up poking myself in the eye with them. Yup. Reminds me of a time years ago I sat on a pair of scissors... Maybe I should stay away from scissors... and knives! Cut my hand open slicing an avocado.

:eek: Yes, do be careful there!

TygerSan
08-15-14, 09:12 PM
I just gave myself a boxer's ear opening a car door. :doh:

Asylum
08-15-14, 10:26 PM
That moment when you spot the bruise and don't know how it got there, because you're so used to banging into stuff.

My pet hate is dropping glasses etc when I'm doing the dishes - my reactions is always so slow and I hardly ever catch them, even though its seems to be happening in slo mo.

Jamming fingers into doors - does anyone else seem to do this on a regular basis? And when I was young and doing sport at school every single ball in the area would immediately hurl itself at my fingertips. I spent an inordinate amount of time with 'sprained fingers.' (I don't know if they were actually sprained, that's just how they felt.) I never told anyone, its just seemed to be part of life but I don't remember anyone else complaining about it. I still hurt fingers/toes on a regular basis.

Greendogg
03-11-15, 05:50 AM
I soooo can relate to catching on door knobs and bumping into stuff, mystery bruises etc! I have always thought my sense of depth perception to be quite unreliable too. I reach out to grab something and end up knocking it over!

Lunacie
03-11-15, 11:57 AM
Yessssssssssssssssssssssss! Everything that's been listed.

Sunday I broke yet another fingernail by jamming my finger into a door
that was suddenly three inches closer to my hand.

Once I fell on my hand, breaking a finger, dislocating same finger, and
tearing the tendon. Needed surgery for that one.

Lost count of how many curbs less than 4 inches tall I have fallen off.

Fell off my back door step once and broke my foot.
Not the top step ... the bottom one. No, it wasn't icy or wet.

Another time I tripped in a parking lot and broke my long arm bone near
the shoulder. I fell alongside my car and couldn't get leverage with the
other arm. EMS had to help me and took me to the hospital.

Little Missy
03-11-15, 12:17 PM
I'll be just about ready to say something and out of nowhere some dust bunny thing or whatever flies into my mouth and hits the back of my throat producing a coughing fit so bad I have to leave.

Very embarrassing. Or I'll be ready-again- to say something, sip my coffee, inhale it, and cough uncontrollably until I need my inhaler.

silivrentoliel
03-11-15, 04:53 PM
hah, I know this is an old thread, but I'm the girl that trips while standing still... I hate it. Knowing my ADHD is behind it is annoying though

Lunacie
03-11-15, 05:33 PM
hah, I know this is an old thread, but I'm the girl that trips while standing still... I hate it. Knowing my ADHD is behind it is annoying though

I think some of us missed this thread last year.
Just catching up with our reading/posting ... :giggle:

Corina86
03-11-15, 05:36 PM
Totally! I fell down the stairs so many times, I'm actually afraid of stairs. Dropping things, hitting myself on things, tripping over stuff- daily, even on medication.

But all hell breaks loose when the medication wears off: I have no sense of direction, balance, distance, I can barely grasp things, I drop everything I hold, I place stuff next to the table, on thin air, rather than on the table. But I can still type fast though :)

Fuzzy12
03-11-15, 05:51 PM
Yes, apparently. My poor toes and fingers are constantly bruised because I keep bumping into stuff (not sure if it's ADHD though. It might just be because I've got absolutely gigantic feet!!:rolleyes:)

I keep burning myself as well when cooking though often because I'm too lazy to use an oven glove or towel to touch hot dishes.

Apparently, I keep dropping stuff as well according to hubby. Also doesn't help that I can't seem to walk in a straight line.:scratch:

I startle very easily as well because I'm mostly lost in thoughts and then I drop whatever I might be holding at that moment.

Also, i keep bumping into people. the world seems to be full of humans just standing around aimlessly waiting for me to bump into them. :eyebrow:

Fuzzy12
03-11-15, 05:53 PM
Totally! I fell down the stairs so many times, I'm actually afraid of stairs. Dropping things, hitting myself on things, tripping over stuff- daily, even on medication.

But all hell breaks loose when the medication wears off: I have no sense of direction, balance, distance, I can barely grasp things, I drop everything I hold, I place stuff next to the table, on thin air, rather than on the table. But I can still type fast though :)
:lol:

Sorry, but I can so picture that!!

I can type really fast as well! :D

Little Missy
03-11-15, 07:05 PM
Everytime-almost-that I open the fridge I knock my head on the sharp corner of the freezer door. Rats learn quicker.

Chicky75
03-11-15, 07:31 PM
I can be really klutzy, especially if I think people are watching me or I'm feeling self-conscious for whatever reason. Or if I'm preoccupied with something else. On the other hand, if I'm not really thinking about anything or can get in "the zone", I can be extremely well coordinated. I just can't make the not thinking about anything or "zone" state happen when I want them to.

Hyperman87
03-19-15, 06:59 PM
You all could have Dyspraxia!:faint:::( Flory & I both do. They say it goes along with ADHD!:grouphug:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Developmental_coordination_disorder#Associated_dis orders

Hyperman87
03-19-15, 07:05 PM

:goodpost::thankyou:

Corina(your a clumsy gal):lol:,Cool(clumsy ladies are beautiful to me!):cool:Next time you fall down some stairs, can I fall with you?We can fall right on top of each other too.:o:lol:

You & I should dance together(barefoot, no shoes or heels) that way, when you step on my toes or vice-versa. They won't break!:lol:

I didn't know you were on ADHD medicine. What kind is it(May I ask)? Ritalin(Methylphenidate class) or Dexedrine(Amphetamine class)

Hyperman87
03-19-15, 07:23 PM
(not sure if it's ADHD though. It might just be because I've got absolutely gigantic feet!!:rolleyes:)

:goodpost:

Woman with big feet, where? I wanna see em":lol:

Lunacie
03-19-15, 08:50 PM
:goodpost:

Woman with big feet, where? I wanna see em":lol:

I used to think I had big feet because I needed bigger shoes than my mom.

What I really have are wide feet that are the same length as my mom's.

Developed bunions because shoes were never wide enough ...

until I discovered Crocs. :D

Little Missy
03-19-15, 09:50 PM
I have really little feet. Still klutzy though.

berserkworld
11-12-15, 10:56 PM
I'm really bad about that, and it's funny you mention the tripping over a pattern in the floor. I've actually flinched at something on a wall that I've seen a thousand times, but was off daydreaming and suddenly there it was.

OhLookABunny
11-13-15, 02:47 PM
Yeah, I've seen things out of the corner of my eye - but also the opposite - NOT seen a person and then all of a sudden they're there and I freak (PTSD too). :eek: The neighborhood I used to live in was not the best and there were more people on foot - so it was statistically more likely to encounter people, plus I felt more paranoid - PLUS in that neighborhood a little paranoia was probably self-protective.

a12345
12-29-15, 10:24 PM
I have come home. Most of the above, plus a thing I do with cabinet doors. I open one and walk away saying to myself, "I'd better close that so I don't bump into it." But since I'm immediately thinking about something else, I don't close it, and I bump into it.

One time I almost fell down when standing on level ground.