View Full Version : Basket case

sarahsweets
06-18-14, 05:29 AM
I will update this at a later date but life will be tough for awhile.
My son graduates high school tonight and my daughter graduates middle school tomorrow.
So very bittersweet.

Fuzzy12
06-18-14, 05:31 AM
:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

(((SARAH & KIDS)))))))) :grouphug:

salleh
06-18-14, 06:55 PM
.......That may be one of the hardest things about being a parent ....you na't put a brick on their heads and stop them from growing up ......

......But you can be proud of your kids and of their parents too .....not everyone gets to say that .....

sarahsweets
06-19-14, 05:26 AM
Well, he graduated. And it was hard. I had to take him out shopping for shoes and shirt and tie yesterday and boy is he a handsome guy. I cried in the car yesterday. I told him that he is the best thing I have created thus far and when his Dad and I dreamed of kids when we were dating in college, we wanted a son exactly like him. He has never been a disappointment to us. Its funny how some people wondered why I stay home with my kids and why we chose to medicate him at a young age. I always say that if someone works on a farm raising cattle, its a full time job. Well I am raising humans and its a full time job. This in my mind, proves that early intervention is the best treatment. He achieved a high academic award and a cash award from some foundation set up. I am not even sure how he got nominated for that because he didnt have to do any scholarship essays being that he's enlisted in the USMC.

I am so very proud. I must be an ok alcoholic,adhd,Bipolar parent EH? No one gave me a parenting hand book, I just winged it and it worked out. I am trying not to see everything as his "last" XYZ time. His date for boot camp has been moved up to sept 2 and technically, they could request him at anytime.

He had to sign a new contract when he turned 18 and he was just made squad leader so I feel like he will be sucessful in the USMC as well.
Someone asked me what if feels like to have a high school graduate. I told them its the most bittersweet feeling in the world to be so proud and so worried at the same time.

Tonight my daughter graduates from middle school. I am not downplaying her achievments, its just different because she will be with us for several years.
I cant wait for her to start high school with a clean slate and to have all of the little snotty b*tches from middle school be low girl on the totem pole, so to speak. They will all be newbies and if one of those b*tches talks some smack, then some senior may just kick her as*.
Anyhow, I am sure I will be back to this thread tonight as I see another chickadee get one step closer to leaving the nest. Thanks for all of your support.

sarek
06-19-14, 06:25 AM
It is much more sweet than bitter, Sarah, because you did an outstanding job. And whatever people may think, that is the most important job in the world.

silivrentoliel
06-19-14, 10:04 AM
he's going into the Marines? I must have missed that part when you were posting before about him joining. I have mad respect for anyone in the military, but there's just something about Marines that seem to command more respect from me.

Tmoney
06-20-14, 09:27 AM
Well, he graduated. And it was hard. I had to take him out shopping for shoes and shirt and tie yesterday and boy is he a handsome guy. I cried in the car yesterday. I told him that he is the best thing I have created thus far and when his Dad and I dreamed of kids when we were dating in college, we wanted a son exactly like him. He has never been a disappointment to us. Its funny how some people wondered why I stay home with my kids and why we chose to medicate him at a young age. I always say that if someone works on a farm raising cattle, its a full time job. Well I am raising humans and its a full time job. This in my mind, proves that early intervention is the best treatment. He achieved a high academic award and a cash award from some foundation set up. I am not even sure how he got nominated for that because he didnt have to do any scholarship essays being that he's enlisted in the USMC.

I am so very proud. I must be an ok alcoholic,adhd,Bipolar parent EH? No one gave me a parenting hand book, I just winged it and it worked out. I am trying not to see everything as his "last" XYZ time. His date for boot camp has been moved up to sept 2 and technically, they could request him at anytime.

He had to sign a new contract when he turned 18 and he was just made squad leader so I feel like he will be sucessful in the USMC as well.
Someone asked me what if feels like to have a high school graduate. I told them its the most bittersweet feeling in the world to be so proud and so worried at the same time.

Tonight my daughter graduates from middle school. I am not downplaying her achievments, its just different because she will be with us for several years.
I cant wait for her to start high school with a clean slate and to have all of the little snotty b*tches from middle school be low girl on the totem pole, so to speak. They will all be newbies and if one of those b*tches talks some smack, then some senior may just kick her as*.
Anyhow, I am sure I will be back to this thread tonight as I see another chickadee get one step closer to leaving the nest. Thanks for all of your support.

Plain and simple, You're Awesome!
You go mom!!!!

Rebelyell
06-20-14, 09:51 AM
It shouldn't be bittersweet,you did a great job as a mother.Thats what parents are suppose to do,Teach there kids right and wrong , manners and get them ready for the real. world.Thats something to be very proud and happy bout your kids came out with flying colors.My mom was a stay at home mom,and now I'm glad she was there for brother n I being she's gone,I might not be a Marine or rocket scientist but I turned out of because of her.have a great Friday!:)

dvdnvwls
06-20-14, 04:52 PM
Sarah... You're not a great example for alcoholic/adhd/bipolar parents to admire and emulate - you're a great example for ALL parents. The world would be a better place with more like you.

salleh
06-20-14, 05:44 PM
You got that exactly right uh ....dvdgurlgngjuf ,ldl !!!!

stef
06-20-14, 05:50 PM
sarah :grouphug:
we don't have the ceremonies here but i know what you mean by bittersweet

Twiggy
06-20-14, 06:08 PM
I hope all for the best for both you and your children :)

A HUGE amount of respect to your son being enlisted to the US Marines.

HADDaball
06-25-14, 06:39 AM
The hardest job in the world. Being a good parent.

nice one.

Tmoney
06-25-14, 08:45 AM
You're awesome!