View Full Version : Is L-Tyrosine bad to mix with adderall?

Hockeymaster45
06-19-14, 11:48 AM
I felt a little anxious last night after the adderall wore off, so I took 2 750mg capules of L-tyrosine because it calms me a bit this time it didn't. I woke up this morning very anxious but after the adderall kicked in I was VERY calm up until 9:30ish and I got a bit anxious again so I decided to try the L-Tryosine again and some tea with it to calm me a bit.

Then at 10am my chest starting pounding, I had shortness of breath, I became EXTREMELY hot and I had a phone interview in 30 minutes. I don't think it was a panic attack because phone interviews are nothing to me and I do very well on them. This one though I couldn't concentrate on what he was saying, I still had shortness of breath and for some reason could not form a sentence very well. Even after the phone interview I am still the same way.

Do you think it was the L-Trysoine?

DiscombobulatYa
06-24-14, 09:25 PM
L-Tyrosine is a dopamine catalyst...so you maybe over stimulating yourself in combination with the Adderall.

MarkAfterDark
06-24-14, 09:37 PM
If you're looking for a calming effect, I'd look at GABA or 5 HTP. I use and LOVE tyrosine, but I don't take any stimulants.

BlackWarrior
06-24-14, 09:59 PM
If you want to "calm down" I'd suggest l-theanine and 5-htp when you're about to crash. Tyrosine is a precursor to dopamine (learned in my biochem/neuroscience class)

tyrosine -> l-dopa -> dopamine ; too much dopamine results in hyperactivity (or "calming" effect on ADHDers)

Hockeymaster45
06-25-14, 11:08 AM
Thanks everyone! I've been reading about 5-htp and I've heard very good things about it so I'm going to pick some up and see what happens.

MarkAfterDark
06-25-14, 10:25 PM
Thanks everyone! I've been reading about 5-htp and I've heard very good things about it so I'm going to pick some up and see what happens.

I've been buying supplements from Puritan's Pride and I have been very happy with them. They have a LOT of buy one get two free sales and they send coupons and frequent discounts. I did some searching and found they have been rated very highly for accurate advertising (200 mg will have 200 mg of product.)

Puritan offers a referral discount, but I'm not giving any referral information, nor do I have any affiliation. Their stuff sells itself.