View Full Version : Ritalin brainfog

Cloudunknowing
06-20-14, 12:28 PM
Just got diagnosed, and was put on ritalin. I was told to heighten the dose gradually to 20mg, and I'm currently on 10mg.

I know this is a somewhat common question, and I have tried googling but have not found information that is completely relevant.

I am confused and little scared because of the medications effect.
Even on 5mg I feel more calm, and not so irritable, the stress or agitation inside me calms down. This is great but my focus is not better, actually worse. I feel like I'm in a fog (my face also goes a little numb)or as if I'm somewhat high, but not excitable. It's annoying and I'm not sure if I should just stop taking it or if this is something that will go away. I also get scared that I might have an abnormal reaction that indicates that I'm diagnosed wrongly.

So is this normal, did anyone else experience such a reaction to ritalin in the beginning ? And did it go away?

Thank you

Cloudunknowing
06-20-14, 05:04 PM
Its 5mg/10mg etc 3 times a day. I know my questions is better suited towards my psych, but I greatly appreciate anyone's input.

Pilgrim
06-25-14, 08:56 PM
I think that your reaction is completely normal.

Methylphenidate works this way for most people , it did for me.
You describe it as brain fog but it is cause your more relaxed in a way.
The thing with your face is blood supply. It's normal.
I sometimes want to try Vyvanse but I can tell I will have to have some good strategies to combat the comedown. I want more focus.
I take Concerta.
Just an idea but why don't you stick with Ritalin for a month and see how it goes.