View Full Version : Medication dosage, and does it help with switching interests/jobs like the clothes ?

06-27-14, 06:13 PM
Hello there. New here with inattentive add, going to get "diagnosed" soon, was diagnosed earlier with depression and other crap, got to take even antipsychotic medication which I will regret for my entire life cause it left me with depersonalisation and my only thing i knew i want, my dream of "flying" disappeared, I no longer have it :( Also other normal desires, like having a car, and stuff like that, diminished..

Anyway, was reading the forums, and got somehow disappointed, do you have to increase the medication dosage other time ? What about after 20 - 30 years ? You have to take entire packs of medication over a month ?

And I can't stick to a place of work more than a couple of moths, and my interests change very fast, cause i loose interest in almost anything I do. will medication help me get rid of this or not, cause was reading in the forums that I will still have to live with this my entire life... If

sarahsweets
06-29-14, 06:42 AM
I have been on stimulants for 10 years with no problems.

06-29-14, 05:03 PM
I have been on stimulants for 10 years with no problems.

So in these period you have been on same dosage ? Or you have to increase it over time ?
Thanks for reply :)

Nicksgonefishin
06-29-14, 06:05 PM
Hello there. New here with inattentive add, going to get "diagnosed" soon, was diagnosed earlier with depression and other crap, got to take even antipsychotic medication which I will regret for my entire life cause it left me with depersonalisation and my only thing i knew i want, my dream of "flying" disappeared, I no longer have it :( Also other normal desires, like having a car, and stuff like that, diminished..

Anyway, was reading the forums, and got somehow disappointed, do you have to increase the medication dosage other time ? What about after 20 - 30 years ? You have to take entire packs of medication over a month ?

And I can't stick to a place of work more than a couple of moths, and my interests change very fast, cause i loose interest in almost anything I do. will medication help me get rid of this or not, cause was reading in the forums that I will still have to live with this my entire life... If

The only one who can answer many of your questions is you. By getting a formal diagnosis and trying the meds yourself.

Everyones body is different and they react different to the meds. Just because somebody had to titrate up or change a med or go back and forth or has been on the same stuff for years means nothing. That other person isn't you.

I commend you in seeking diagnosis! It is a huge step. In fact that is what I would be focusing on right now. Not how the meds might effect me but rather getting a diagnosis and sorting out the medications later.