View Full Version : Fusterated

Diony
06-30-14, 01:29 PM
have to fight harder so i can try and have an easier time but it worries me being in my 30s and not believing that my. Mistakes will go away. Im losing sympathy and more emotions because no one is understanding me and only worried about themselves. and i have to figure this out myself which is prefered but still sucks that noone is there for me. Its selfish but support is nice. Its not easy trying to sort this out in your 30s+. Supposed to be out of school and working by now. So much for that. Feeling mentally exhausted

Tmoney
07-01-14, 07:47 AM
I hear you sister. It is difficult and I can relate to having someone in your life to help you with the struggles of our disorders.

The best I can tell you is we are here for you on the fourm.

Hang in there sister!

RedsHawk
07-01-14, 03:01 PM
Having the same experience as you. Went through the rounds with Concerta and Vyvanse hoping that would cure all but to no avail. actually made some things worse. Found out when I was late 30's.....so much lost time.

it's weird because I only feel like I need the motivation to start.

you aren't alone out there

Diony
07-02-14, 08:17 PM
Im taking Keppra (antiseizure meds)
I find more answers in August, took half of neuropsych test and part of me found it funny i had to stand up and move the chair i was in more then once to be comfortable like that really changes anything lol

gatherer
07-03-14, 11:47 PM
I'm in a similar position. In my thirties and have accomplished nothing, or so it feels. My only full-time job was hell. I never felt competent on my part-time jobs either (how can you, when you see all these mistakes you make and struggle so hard to say and do the right things and the right time). At my current one, I feel like someone's going to figure it out, and there goes that job, and then where I be?

Even if you have someone to share such thoughts with, person to person, it's hard to say them. That's why forums like this one (which I just discovered recently) are great. People understand here. You get perspective here. You start to believe you have the power to change your life.

Hang in there.

Jodi

Diony
07-04-14, 07:59 AM
Yeah norms wont ever understand because they feel fine, and being an introvert they really wont understand because you dont really get physically emotional if you can help it. Sometimes i feel it might be better if it was more showy but thats sorta like calling yourself a lawyer when your a cop.
Leaving an r out of frusterated i think was a massachusetts thing, we dont say our R's, im surprised one was still there. Lol

TXanimal
07-08-14, 07:23 PM
I think a common problem for us is that we feel compelled to *always* measure ourselves by neurotypical society's standards. We should be this by now. We should have been able to do that by now.

Something that's easier said than done is to embrace our "weirdness" and accept ourselves. Although it's also important to acknowledge our limitations. Sometimes I feel like the world is crashing down and I'm gasping for air. Then I remember that I'm just wired differently...and that's OK.

Make goals that make sense to you and your situation. If it takes you until you're 40 to finish school, so what? If you're living a life that makes YOU happy, then don't sweat the pressure to conform. But don't confuse your happiness with other people's expectations!

If you recognize (objectively) that you need to make changes (i.e. can't keep a job, tons of debt), then make reasonable goals to set things right. We have a tendency to overreach. Take small, manageable steps. Don't train for an Ironman if you've never even run a 5k!

MarkAfterDark
07-10-14, 11:49 PM
have to fight harder so i can try and have an easier time but it worries me being in my 30s and not believing that my. Mistakes will go away. Im losing sympathy and more emotions because no one is understanding me and only worried about themselves. and i have to figure this out myself which is prefered but still sucks that noone is there for me. Its selfish but support is nice. Its not easy trying to sort this out in your 30s+. Supposed to be out of school and working by now. So much for that. Feeling mentally exhausted

Hey, Kid. Greetings from Worcester County. How's everything in the Peoples Republic of Cambridge?

Hey, I'm in my forty's and have many of the same feelings. I've been fortunate that I had a very understanding boss and I've been able to do enough good things since he retired to keep my job. But I've been fired and laid off many times before. That, too, is mentally exhausting.

So don't think twice to reach out if you need an understanding friend or just a stranger to listen or a shoulder to lean on. I'm far enough away for you feel safe and close enough to feel like a neighbor. So I'll leave you with an e-hug. (((Diony)))