View Full Version : Just started Namenda 5 to 10mg aday for my ADHD,and it's amazing...

DiscombobulatYa
07-01-14, 09:28 PM
I'm diagnosed both *ADHD*/Bi-polar. My current List is of medications is as follows:

1.Generic Adderall XR 30mg 2 X a day...For ADHD symptoms.

2. Paroxetine{Paxil}20mg 1 x a day...For OCD,and Social Anxiety ,and depression symptoms.

3. Quetiapine Fumarate{Seroquel} 100mg 1 X a day at bedtime...for Bi-polar symptoms...

4. Was taking Bupropion XL{Wellbutrin} 150mg 1 X a day...to help aid the Adderall...for my ADHD symptoms....But just replaced that with Namenda 5 to 10mg a day...just yesterday. So i'll say...

4. NAMENDA 5 to 10mg a day...for ADHD symptoms

What I have discovered already in just one day is that...it is an amazing medication for not only my ADHD symptoms....but also for OCD, "Overall" Excellent Anxiety med! My mood has been elevated significantly! And rock steady stabilized...so as of now. It also significantly helps my Depression, and Bi-polar symptoms...Why this drug is not getting much attention for all these things I just listed in "America" is beyond me!!

So when I went to see my psychiatrist yesterday...When I told her that I believe I have found the missing element...and told her it was NAMENDA. She first looked at me like I was crazy...and she was shaking her head like "no way". And I'm not going to lie and say that I myself was not very apprehensive about trying it myself..at the same time of being very excited about the possibilities. Just because it is listed as an ALZHIEMER'S medication! lol....Please let it be any other damn off labeled medication besides a medicine that is used to treat Alzheimer's lol...But then I was like{to my psychiatrist}: "What's the big freakin deal?...You prescribe Anti-convulsants which are listed and labeled for Epileptics...for Bi-polar all day long. So what's so CRAZY about me trying NAMENDA?" So she ended up not only writing me prescription..but gave me 1 refill as well! lol....It was totally a GOD thing because I knew it was going to take a miracle for me to be able to try this medication...So I said my prayers over this entire past weekend. And they were answered :)

omygaudio
09-04-14, 01:08 AM
I totally agree! I just started memantine about 4 days ago, and it has been nothing short of spectacular. It snaps me out of mood swings and obsessing over depressing thoughts with remarkable ease. I swear I can almost 'feel' its antagonism at the NMDA receptors. We know that prolonged agonism of these receptors can result from a depressive episode, and it feels like memantine is blocking all of that negativity out. I can see how this can work to "reverse" tolerance.

gbshuler
07-22-15, 08:51 PM
I started taking Namenda/Memantine for ADD (7mg this week). Interesting to hear everyone else seems to be taking it for depression/bi-polar/anxiety. Amphetamines apparently placed me into a state of Atrial Fibrillation (which we fixed). Strattera didn't work either. I can't take Ritalin, Adderall, etc.

I am desperate to get ADD under control. My doctor said I couldn't go past 21mg/day due to my reduced kidney function (all I had was one kidney stone). Hope it works for me. I am nearly out of ADD therapy options. I really hope Namenda works for me.

300mg Wellbutrin for depression
1500mg Lithium Salts for Bipolar II
300mg Lamictal for Bipolar II
.2mg Lorazepam for Anxiety/Sleep
20mg Inderal for shaking (due to all the meds above, and a beta blocker)