View Full Version : I feel like pregabalin is making me dumb

noradd
07-02-14, 11:41 AM
I started with lyrica a few days ago. So far I only took 25mg once a day. No side effects. But I feel like it already affects my cognition. My recall is nebulous and I have a hard time remembering what I did the last day. It feels similar to when I was on memantine. Back then I also couldn't tell wether I did something yesterday or the day before yesterday. Anyone else with such side effects? Is it really possible that lyrica is causing this after a few days on only 25mg?

addthree
07-02-14, 03:10 PM
Yes. Was given Lyrica for possible nerve pain and it messed with my cognition. It made me feel dumb like i couldn't think right.

noradd
07-03-14, 10:25 PM
How long and how much did you take? And could you stop without side effects?

DennisSmith
10-10-14, 06:23 PM
Hey guys,

I find this particularly interesting and there seems to be something synchronistic lately with Pregabalin becoming apparent as an option to moderately counterbalance over stimulatory effects of amphetamines or methyphenidate.

Clonazepam has been my way of alleviating some of the anxiety and making the onset of sleep easier. There's a risk/benefit analysis to be had for any route we decide with our doctors to take for treatment. I have discovered to much chagrin that Clonazepam along with all benzodiazepines are not effective for long term use and become insidious with physical dependance and tolerance. Eventually you simply remain on them just to avoid withdrawing in my experience.

I discovered Pregabalin in my research to find a kind of relaxant to help me wind down and sleep as I also have RLS. So far I have also felt dumb on it. I get a bit wobbly and the effects of Dexedrine are not as prevalent.

BellaVita
10-10-14, 06:36 PM
Hey guys,

I find this particularly interesting and there seems to be something synchronistic lately with Pregabalin becoming apparent as an option to moderately counterbalance over stimulatory effects of amphetamines or methyphenidate.

Clonazepam has been my way of alleviating some of the anxiety and making the onset of sleep easier. There's a risk/benefit analysis to be had for any route we decide with our doctors to take for treatment. I have discovered to much chagrin that Clonazepam along with all benzodiazepines are not effective for long term use and become insidious with physical dependance and tolerance. Eventually you simply remain on them just to avoid withdrawing in my experience.

I discovered Pregabalin in my research to find a kind of relaxant to help me wind down and sleep as I also have RLS. So far I have also felt dumb on it. I get a bit wobbly and the effects of Dexedrine are not as prevalent.

I think it depends on the person.

I've been on Clonazepam for almost 3 years and I can stop and start again with minimal withdrawal symptoms.

Laserbeak
11-09-14, 06:04 AM
I've taken gabapentin which is what Lyrica is derived from, and it seemed to do nothing for my pain. I think that was before Lyrica was put on the market here in the U.S.

InvitroCanibal
11-11-14, 12:11 PM
It sounds like this is really bothering you and impeding your life, it's a common side effect that varies by dose/ med. Just because it's common however, doesn't mean you shouldn't switch meds. I'd ask your doctor about switching medications.

BenHawkins
02-11-16, 03:58 AM
For anxiety pregabalin only works on high doses (600mg) and up. It does help with it.

BloopLoops
10-18-17, 01:05 PM
I am taking 600mg a day and it does help my anxiety. It does make me loose my equilibrium sometimes. I have wondered if it makes it harder to focus but right now I can't afford to come off it. I need to be cool headed.