View Full Version : should i take second dose before i come down?

thebruh
07-03-14, 02:42 PM
I take my first dose when i wake up in the morning, 20mg IR Ritalin. Then about 2 hours later i start to come down from this and take my second dose about 30 minutes after i come down completely. My mind still feels like it has cob webs in it and i cant think as clearly as when i took my first dose. I don't feel unmotivated but certainly not as motivated as in the morning. Then after my second dose come down i feel tired and don't feel like doing much. These used to work for 8 hours. It was so sudden when they only started working for two. I've been on Ritalin since i was 16 and now im 19. I've never had this problem until the last few months. If anyone can help thatd be greatly appreciated. If not i'm going in for a physical in three weeks so ill ask my doc then. Just wondering for the time until i go.

sarahsweets
07-04-14, 06:42 AM
What do you mean by come down? I ask because I have only heard of that term on pro recreational drug forums. I am not saying thats you I am just trying to understand what you mean. Ritalin IR never lasted more than 3 hours for me and per the manufacturer it isnt meant to last more than 4 hours, so if you need more than 8 hours of coverage you would need more than 2 doses a day.

Roxiepsu
08-27-14, 05:34 PM
I kind of understand the "come down". I take my first dose, 20mg, in the morning and I feel great. Then after about 4 hrs, I start to get lightheaded, foggy, and sleepy. I'm prescribed 20mg 3 times a day. The 2nd and 3rd one never make me feel like the first, and they only last about 2.5 hours, and the "come down" feeling gets worse with each one. When it's working, I'm great, other than that I just want to sleep. This is my 2nd try with dosing, so maybe my dr will change something again.