View Full Version : Inability to do teeth showing smile?

liveandletdie
07-06-14, 05:18 AM
I can think of only a 2 pictures when I was older, maybe 7-14 that I had a real big teeth showing smile on. All other pictures of smiles were strait lip with very slight on edges curve to signify smile. Why do you think that is? I have the capability it would seem at later ages..maybe nothing made me laugh as hard to let my teeth show? As an adult I can do a fake smile but you can tell its fake, my real smiles are either extremely happy or just barely as in the pictures of me as a kid- straight lipped but curled at the end but I can no longer show my teeth when I smile on purpose or otherwise.

Corina86
07-07-14, 07:36 AM
Is there a reason why this is bothering you; why you feel you should smile differently than you do? Do you want to show more teeth in pictures when you smile but can't? Do you show your teeth when you smile and you're not caught on camera?

daveddd
07-07-14, 08:21 AM
Probably anxiety

I have the same problem

gatherer
07-07-14, 08:54 AM
I have a hard time smiling with teeth, so I generally don't.

Mainly because when I do, it doesn't look like I'm smiling. My mouth doesn't curve enough. Then again, I have really big teeth for my mouth. Four permanent ones had to be removed to make all my teeth fit.

Perhaps you have a similar situation going on?

Jodi

MADD As A Hatte
07-07-14, 09:01 AM
$15,000 worth of orthodontics sorted it for me. :D

Seriously, I feel your pain. I was horribly self conscious about my smile, into my late 20's. I am a "grinder", so my teeth were OK, but not the best. Braces, in my adulthood, and porcelain veneers, gave me a Julia Roberts smile that was truly bedazzling! My wedding photos are something else!!

However, in my experience, all the cosmetic dentistry in the world can't counter things that bring your self confidence unstuck. Like, let's say, an older sister who says something nasty two seconds before the familiy photo is taken, and geez, there you are, looking petulant. Family. Can't live with 'em. Can't shoot 'em.

My question is: Is something else going on for you, that makes you not want to show your pearly whites?