View Full Version : Very Confused - Need suggestions

kcas0772
07-11-14, 08:35 AM
Hi,

I was diagnosed with ADD back in late February. I have ALWAYS had a terrible time focusing on tasks and keeping myself from day dreaming. It's hard to read one sentence sometimes and have a clue what I just read. Anyway, at first we tried Vyvanse, at 3 different dosages. None of them helped my ADD at all. So then we switched to concerta. Two months into that now. First was 36 mg and the last 3 weeks 72 mg. Again, none of these have made any difference or make me feel any different at all. I'm really confused. Could all of these just have no effect but yet there is a medicine that WILL be the only one to work? Or is it possible that the dosages should still be much higher? I think with Vyvanse we went up to 80mg and my doctor said not to go any higher and instead try the concerta. Totally lost.

Thanks,
Kevin

finallyfound10
07-12-14, 01:23 AM
Hi Kevin,

It's hard to say with these meds. Keep trying different ones at different dosages. Many of us are also on something for anxiety (some for anxiety and depression.) along with something for ADHD. Perhaps it's anxiety and/or depression that isn't being treated right now. Also, I went to a seminar where the psychiatrist spoke highly of Wellbutrin for depression and ADHD.

I would check out the Diagnosis & Treatment thread as well as the Medication thread on here.

Good luck!

donediditall
07-12-14, 01:32 AM
has your diet & sleep patterns dramtically changed? I've come to find that if i don't eat and sleep only for a couple hours that my tolerance sky rockets from 40mg one day and a dew days later ill be at 100mg (adderall ir)...the medicine needs nutrients in your body to work with. You will also need to take breaks every now and then to allow the natural dopamine levels in your brain to build back up.

you can also ask your doc to switch meds, maybe a quicker acting medicine such as adderal ir will be better for you.

kcas0772
07-12-14, 11:18 AM
Hi Kevin,

It's hard to say with these meds. Keep trying different ones at different dosages. Many of us are also on something for anxiety (some for anxiety and depression.) along with something for ADHD. Perhaps it's anxiety and/or depression that isn't being treated right now. Also, I went to a seminar where the psychiatrist spoke highly of Wellbutrin for depression and ADHD.

I would check out the Diagnosis & Treatment thread as well as the Medication thread on here.

Good luck!

Funny you mention that. I've been on Celexa for over a year now. And 2 months ago we added Welbutrin.

finallyfound10
07-12-14, 12:22 PM
I've been on Celexa for over a year now. And 2 months ago we added Welbutrin.

Ok, so the Wellbutrin is not helping with the ADHD then. One down. Hopefully it is helping with anxiety and/or depression (I am assuming here.)

Keep trying different meds. I never realized how many were out there for ADHD until I look at the Medication section on here. Additionally, there are people on here who swear by herbs, vitamins, exercise, meditation, etc. There are sub-forums for those topics as well!!