View Full Version : How can i lose my weight

Jasmine123
07-14-14, 03:13 AM
Hi, I am Jasmine, I want to lose my weight so how can i lose my weight. Now, my weight is 200 lbs and i want to lose 40 lbs. I am not doing any dieting, exercising or not eating any pill also for weight lose but now onward if anyone suggest me any pill, diet, tips or etc for weight lose i will follow. Please help me!

aeon
07-14-14, 01:44 PM
Eat less, move more. It's as simple as that. Especially the eat less part.

sabotender
07-14-14, 02:45 PM
1) Evaluate what you eat. If you snack a lot, get rid of that. Avoid chips, chocolates, carbonated drinks that sort. Don't have to starve yourself, but if you are eating a lot more than is necessary, cut it down. If you aren't eating all that much to begin with, then get rid of the snacks bit, and stayed to healthier options.

2) If you have never exercised in donkey years, it's unrealistic to implement rigorous exercise regime (you might just hurt yourself from over-exhaustion, or you might lose the enthusiasm to stick it through because it's too overwhelming). You can however choose to do brisk walking, or for a start, walk longer distances than you usually do.

3) As for diet pills, I'll say stay away from it for now. At 200lbs, it shouldn't be too tough to see a drop in a few pounds just from adjusting your food intake (unless you have other underlying medical condition that causes this weight gain which wasn't addressed yet)

addthree
07-14-14, 04:07 PM
My dad had a lot of success with Weight Watchers. He did exercise and watched food intake.
I think it is pretty common sense stuff like cutting high fat high calorie foods from your diet.

Fraser_0762
07-14-14, 04:44 PM
Reduce your daily calorie intake by 200 every couple of weeks until you're down to about 1200 calories p/d. Then stick to that. Try sticking to low fat lean foods (foods that are high in protein, but low in calories).

Don't try and drop down to 1200 straight away, as this will slow down your metabolism, affecting your bodies ability to burn away the calories.

RobboW
07-14-14, 08:33 PM
IMO, if you expect a pill to do all the work for you, you will never lose the weight and be healthy. That attitude suggests to me physical activity is lacking. Not sugarcoating any words here, it's all about attitude and willpower.

peripatetic
07-14-14, 09:01 PM
hmm...i'm not going to "sugarcoat" either in saying that all the willpower and attitude won't do **** if there's an underlying physical condition and i think getting a physical is a good place to start, to rule out anything that might be causing the weight gain apart from poor diet or insufficient exercise. once things are ruled out, then what aeon said sounds spot on. if you're one who flourishes with group support or need that to aid in your goals, then i'm sure there are loads of programmes for that.

the physical would be my suggestion for a first step though. lots of things can cause weight gain and if you have other symptoms, it could be an imbalance of some sort. i know someone who did nothing to change diet or decrease exercise, but who has a thyroid issue and gained a bunch of weight. you didn't mention medications you're taking, apart from not taking weight loss pills, but some medications can also cause considerable weight gain. your thread start doesn't give us much to go on as to what else is happening in your life apart from saying what you're not doing. but presumably you've been not doing those things for awhile. was the weight gain sudden? what is motivating you now? are there other concerns?

bottom line: start with your doctor and rule out other causes and, once that's done, start increasing your activity and reducing processed/packaged/sugary foods.

best wishes and welcome to the forums!

ruby.149.42
07-14-14, 10:00 PM
Don't keep any food at home except for healthy food. If my cupboards contained chocolate, chips etc I would be massive.

anonymouslyadd
07-14-14, 10:01 PM
A simple way to shed some pounds is to only drink water. Sugary drinks, like soda, rack up calories. I think forsaking soda and other drinks like it help a great deal.

HADDaball
07-16-14, 12:37 AM
Some other tips:

- small portions - eat a cupful of food each meal.

- Try to only eat when hungry. no snacking :)

- fast and only drink water after dinner - for at least 2 hours before bed

- avoid these oils - they leave you hungry and can lead to weight gain.

sunflower
safflower
sesame
vegetable
canola
corn
cottonseed
peanut
soybean

- avoid high fat dairy:

ghee
butter
cream
cheese

- avoid margarine, apart from olive oil spread

- add a little of these oils to your food. they make you feel full:

olive
macadamia
avocado

- make boiled starch (rice, sweet potato, corn) fruit, veges and berries a big part of your diet

HADDaball
07-17-14, 05:28 AM
wow got banned quick.. never mind..

Flory
07-17-14, 07:57 AM
Lol was se trying to get ADHD meds to get skinny by any chance LOL

Flory
07-17-14, 07:58 AM
The simple answer is literally to just not eat like a gannet the heavier you are the easier it is to drop weight in the first few weeks

Veamir
07-17-14, 11:58 AM
hmm its not easy for all of us, becouse many use medicines which give us tendency to put on weight, for example i eat mirtazapine pills, and this medicine slows down the metabolism...And increases appetite...

But i balance it, i train runing, cycling, and now I have plans to go to gym, fitness xD But i got some prolblems with realize my plans, but its not a topic to say something abut it :p/

Twiggy
07-17-14, 01:16 PM
Eating more vegetables and fruits help along with some exercise.

Eating smaller portions and keeping your mind occupied also helps.

MarkAfterDark
07-17-14, 11:09 PM
I'm going to buck the trend and say this: rather than eating less, change what you eat. Eat tons of veggies and a few servings of fruit. Just don't slather everything in butter. 50 calories of salad drenched in 500 calories of blue-cheese dressing won't help you loose weight.

Try to steam-fry your food in 2 tablespoons of vegetable stock rather than oils and use Extra Virgin Olive Oil (make sure the bottle says "first cold press") for heart-healthy fats, but EVOO should not be heated past 250 degrees F.

For my dinner I had about 3 cups of mixed frozen vegies (peas, corn, carrots) cooked in a cast-iron skillet with garlic and tuna. In this case, I used just a little spray canola oil to maintain the seasoning of the skillet. It tastes so much better than microwaving it. A little EVOO, lemon juice and sriracha to flavor. I could also use apple cider vinegar in place of lemon juice.

I highly recommend steamed kale with Mediterranean dressing, which you can find more about at whfoods.org.

Remember, four cups is the correct serving size for a salad. It's a perfect place to add broccoli, red onions, peppers, mushrooms and anything you can imagine on a salad. A little tuna, some chick peas and lite-Italian. Watch the amount you use because that dressing will add calories faster than your ADD can switch thought-trains.

Follow these steps and you won't starve, you'll lower your cholesterol and you'll improve your overall health. And you will most certainly loose weight.

MarkAfterDark
07-17-14, 11:16 PM
Also, drop simple sugars like white flour and white rice. sweeteners like maple syrup, agave and honey are fine but don't overdo them. Less is more.

vpilar
07-18-14, 12:55 AM
Here is a brief report of my hours of thoughts and search on losing weight and eating healthy (has worked for me!):

The things I exclude from my diet:
--didn't drink anything other than water, milk, and one cup of black tee every morning (didn't choose black tee, I just couldn't give up, I have grown up with it)

--Excluded things: Obviously all drinks other than the ones above, any kinds sauces, Cheeses (other than the ones I have for breakfast like creme cheese), fast foods, anything that tasted sweet other than honey and fruits or dates, sauces and dressings, Things in the box or cans (like chips, frozen foods, processed foods)

My daily meals:
Breakfast: Regular breakfast, even made it a bit bigger. some kind of bread with cream cheese or something else... it depends what are you used to ..

Launch: Almost every other day, one day I made my regular launch (like pasta, or rice and ground beef), but decrease the amount to half of the my regular, and the other day I had low fat and low carb launch (like a cooked breast chicken with vegies)

Dinner: tried to don't eat dinner at all, if I was really hungry and salad didn't help I had a piece of fish, or beens, or chicken,...

--and increased the use of fruits, beans, different kinds of vegies during the day.

General things about my diet:

--- cook things without any kind of oil as much as possible. Use olive oil, if possible.
--- Never have any meal which is too fatty or has two or three kinds of carbs (like white rice and chicken leg and potato for launch, or eggs and hams and bagel and cheese for a breakfast.
-- limit/control the consumption
of Complex carbohydrates (like rice, pasta, potato, white bread). For example have them earlier in the day or before the exercise or not two days in row or not two meals in a day.
--specially in first days, it is hard to keep up with the change in the diet and will feel hungry. Always have some healthy stuff at home to use as snacks. I used this: Nuts (not too much, lots of calorie), banana, watermelon, yogurt, milk, cooked beans, salad.

And most importantly:
I exercised every other day! each time between half an hour and 75 minutes.

Some tips:

--Don't let your body starve. This decrees the metabolism.
--For me the 'Nevers' and 'excluded thigns' happened time to time. It's ok, if it happens. but I made sure that I burned more calorie in the gym and also the day after I consumed less. (Don't make it a habit to break the rules and then punish yourself by exercising harder! Try to believe in the diet and get the attitude, and enjoy it!)
--Increase the consumption of proteins
--if you're looking for faster results, make it more strict: for example, don't have rice and pasta in three weeks at all and exercise harder!
--Fat burning Interval exercise is the key!
--set a goal--keep weighting yourself

I hope this was helpful.

I just want to point out that I'm not from a western country, and for me having rice was a regular thing! But if you are not used to regularly having rice, then you probably should find out what is the source of fats and carbs in your diet and exclude/limit that one. (maybe fried chicken for examples! or sausages!). For example the reason that I said limiting "potato" but didn't say "fries" is that even in my wildest dreams I can't imagine regularly having fries in McDonnell's for example! But I see that some people are totally ok with that. In case this applies to you as well, then you have ALOT to change regarding your eating habits!

Sorry! my 'brief' response got really long!

Fuzzy12
07-18-14, 05:10 AM
Lots of great advice.

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this but what helps me a lot is to fill up on fibre (bran sticks or flakes, complex carbs, flax seeds, etc.). It makes me feel full, releases energy slowly and steadily so I feel neither tired nor hungry all the time and it's good for your digestion.

MarkAfterDark
07-18-14, 06:51 AM
Lots of great advice.

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this but what helps me a lot is to fill up on fibre (bran sticks or flakes, complex carbs, flax seeds, etc.). It makes me feel full, releases energy slowly and steadily so I feel neither tired nor hungry all the time and it's good for your digestion.

That's particularly why I recommend Kale (Flax seed, too.) Not only is it high in fiber and one of the most nutrient-dense foods available, but the type of fiber is exceptional at binding with and removing cholesterol.

As with all cruciferous vegetables, kale boosts the body's natural detox system and has been shown to reduce inflammatory stress, making it an exceptional anti-cancer food.

WHfoods.org has a daily email post plus a weekly newsletter featuring the food of the week and the nutrient of the week. They make a good effort to time the FOW with what is in season, so it's not uncommon to see the FOW on sale at your local grocery store.

Also, while I am emphasizing veggies, I don't want to minimize the importance of the phytonutrient content in fresh (and frozen) fruit. Most of these delicate nutrients can't be effectively condensed into pill form and cook out during the canning process. Fortunately, they do seem to freeze well so when fresh is not an option, frozen works too.

Snapdragon
08-01-14, 11:59 PM
My fitnesspal is awesome! If you have a smartphone you can get the app and when putting in my calories I can actually scan my food so I don't have to type it all. The forums are full of lots of helpful information and advise.
Google tdee calculator find your tdee and subtract 20% to find your caloric needs.

If you really can't count calories check out www.nosdiet.com nice people over there too.

sarahsweets
08-02-14, 03:38 AM
Tor me eating right only went so tar andy nothing NOTHING can replace good ole fashioned exercise. I work my as*s off ar the gymq. A year and a half ago I had am extra 20lbs. Ichanged my diet and line 3 lbs came off. 4 months ago I started a rigorous work out schedule and lost it alp in 4 months. I also use am iphone app called walktracker whence I run because it tracks mu speed ans distance.