View Full Version : Curious - what's the toughest part?

Tabbycat
07-17-14, 07:18 PM
wondering how others feel

Fuzzy12
07-18-14, 05:17 AM
Interesting question. I'm terrified of sliding back into depression whenever I feel a bit better but at least I'm still feeling better so that's not too bad. Being depressed sucks. I absolutely hate it and I've rarely been able to get myself actively out of a depression. Usually my mood just improves on its own (or because of some new stimulation, excitement in my life) so I guess for me the toughest is getting myself out of depression.

stef
07-18-14, 05:51 AM
Definitely sliding in;
it's like coming down with a virus, you can feel it coming on but are helpless.
Once I feel just a little better it's fairly easy to come out of depression (for me anyway).

Nibs91
07-18-14, 11:22 AM
Agreed, slipping in is the worst. It's like being on a roller coaster that has a segment missing so you're just flung into the air and a crash is imminent.

Sometimes it just hits me like a wall of bricks; which feels horrible as well.

Tabbycat
07-18-14, 01:14 PM
For me, I think the worst is when it subsides or on the rare occasion when it ends for a while. It's a little like waking up after a natural disaster/zombie attack, whatever. I hate the feeling of the time lost, everything seems very strange & hard to adjust to.

ferrarl
07-21-14, 09:55 PM
I don't know if I've ever come out completely so just doing life without really living it is hard.

RobboW
07-21-14, 11:12 PM
I kind of doubt I'm depressive, I don't have the sliding in feelings you peeps describe, unless I'm mildly depressed all the time. I'm usually fairly level, but not an overly animated person. Be interesting to see how things go in my diagnosis after more talks with my psych and some time on SSRI meds.