View Full Version : Executing creative ideas

Laserbeak
07-19-14, 08:33 PM
My mind is awash with creative ideas. I'm a computer programmer, plant (especially orchid and carnivorous), and am interested in reptiles and amphibians etc. for terrariums. And I'm slowly starting a business. I just fear, it's too slowly. Some days I just zone out in bed.

I know I don't want to work for anyone else again. I've had only one nice boss in my entire career and he's retired. The rest have been total ******** and I don't want to get into that again. I want to work for myself. I've made some money, but probably not enough to cover my expenses.

The Adderall has helped a lot, but like I said here elsewhere, I don't think it helps your motivation, it just helps you concentrate and not be distracted once you start working.

Flory
07-20-14, 07:06 AM
i love love love orchids ^_^

mctavish23
07-20-14, 01:44 PM
Enjoyed Blowing Up Stuff As A Child :)

u r welcome :cool:

OhLookABunny
09-17-14, 10:09 AM
Can relate. And I like amphibians too - frogs and toads mainly. :D I struggle with the sluggishness issue sooooo much. And I'm a bit apprehensive these days because my regular GP doctor says I've been taking too high a dose of thyroid and she keeps lowering it. I'm not doubting the blood test results but I remember when I was on lower doses and was so blah. There's some connection between ADD and thyroid, I've heard. :umm1:So I hope this doesn't mess me up. I wish I had better answers for you besides just empathy; I'm still looking for them too - if I find anything I'll sure pass it along!

Little Missy
09-17-14, 10:59 AM
i love love love orchids ^_^

Oh, me too! I have always wanted to have a giant solarium for orchids, orchids, orchids...just a veritable forest of them.

someothertime
09-17-14, 12:39 PM
Niiiiiice!!! Similar spot....... or will be....... want to be...... wish you lived in the same town! hehehe

I think we are thrown by the big picture so much..... so if possible.... the most passionate thing......... in a very "compartmentalised" or simlified way............ refine......... and take notes along the way of what works for your creative process......

this "rolling growth" i think is pretty much the only solo way to manifest such larger projects ...

non-solo..... like delegating milestones or teaming up on a few smaller projects or one large one depending on the dream / other party........... is the other option....... but personally I know with this........ my other skills ( social, emotional etc. ) are most likely not up to that challenge just yet...... but again......... it would depend alot on theproject and the people envolved....... those things might add / subtract from your paths.....

peace

OhLookABunny
09-19-14, 12:13 AM
I remember the first time I heard the term "Renaissance Man/Woman." Remember thinking, "Yeah! I'm not a dillettante, I'm a Renaissance Woman!" because I'm interested in such a wide variety of different things. :p So there!