View Full Version : Does the nature of consciousness have the experience of ADHD?

Thelema93
07-26-14, 01:09 AM
Gurdjieff self awareness is a state where we become aware of ourselves when we are no longer hypnotize by the external event before us. Upon reaching the state of objective consciousness where he states we become in touch with the real world which is cut off from the senses, he also states the existence of higher states of consciousness that to be achieved using different modalities shutting off the constant chatter in our heads yet it is possible for us to reach a pure state of consciousness. I wonder if the soul experiences this hyperactive disorder? What are your thoughts?http://youtu.be/MvLGuSOLNQA

SB_UK
07-26-14, 02:39 AM
As your avatar suggests - perhaps it's the imprisoned soul looking for a way out that leads to disorder.

How'd we know if our soul isn't happy ?

Feeling unsettled, unable to put your finger on why.
Not able to find anything rewarding in life.
Feeling empty.
Not even being able to imagine being in any given situation in which you could be satisfied.
Deeply irritated by the delusional who are able to convince themselves that the item of clothing, cake, new house or promotion are satisfying - they're only satisfying in the way that an injection of heroin is satisfying to the addict - transiently and the emptiness/hunger returns soon after.
Deeply irritated by people who think they're fortunate because there are others less fortunate - you're defining happiness on maintaining human suffering.

-*-

So without going into connections of soul/consciousness with ADHD
- dissatisfaction with life
- incapacity to obtain reward
are what we're characterized by - leading to disorder.

The general observation that sub-optimal reward (ie not getting a good feeling) from one's daily life leads to disorder.

Therein lies the difference between ADDers and nonADDers - it all depends on whether the trappings of materialism can sufficiently activate one's reward system.

I find that materialism has the opposite effect on me - driven mad by people who are materialistic, driven mad by the planetary damage caused by materiaists, driven mad by the effects of materialists (advertising, toy companies) on perverting the child's psychological makeup away from doing good and into 'what's in it for me ?'

- find that in absolute silence in the sun with little to nothing (including need to achieve anything in materialist world)
- that things're absolutely fine

-- so wondering whether the cause of an imprisoned soul is simply the ascendancy of the materialistic reward system ie incarcerated by money.

SB_UK
07-26-14, 02:59 AM
So - somebody might say - isn't that a bit too much to expect of a child ADDer behaving poorly in school ?
Well for sure - the ADDer is seeking dopamine because whatever there isn't any forthcoming to ADDer in that environment.

So think back - what's the problem with school ?
Well - how do you pay attention to things you don't know why you should be interested in.

Certainly if education was fused into play then one could learn as a consequence of having fun.

But why does the ADDer have to have fun to learn - that's a major disadvantae
- the nonADDer can be locked in a room from birth to death and made to do anything as long as we threaten them with pain (trouble with parent, teacher, workplace supervisor, not paying the bills, not receiving a pension)

- ie the nonADDer can be made to do whatever with a stick
- whereas the ADDer needs a personally fulfilling carrot.

When phrased that way - it's fairly clear that the motivational/reward scheme for ADDer is far better than the toadying reward system of the nonADDer
- noting the tendency towards hierarchical power structures in nonADDer and flat structures in ADDer.

It's not right that people born to less wealth are disadvantaged in comparison to those born with a silver spoon in their mouth - that's inherited disorder by economic situation and not genes - taking into consideration the strong association between poverty and all diseases.

Thelema93
07-26-14, 06:08 AM
As your avatar suggests - perhaps it's the imprisoned soul looking for a way out that leads to disorder.

How'd we know if our soul isn't happy ?

Feeling unsettled, unable to put your finger on why.
Not able to find anything rewarding in life.
Feeling empty.
Not even being able to imagine being in any given situation in which you could be satisfied.
Deeply irritated by the delusional who are able to convince themselves that the item of clothing, cake, new house or promotion are satisfying - they're only satisfying in the way that an injection of heroin is satisfying to the addict - transiently and the emptiness/hunger returns soon after.
Deeply irritated by people who think they're fortunate because there are others less fortunate - you're defining happiness on maintaining human suffering.

-*-

So without going into connections of soul/consciousness with ADHD
- dissatisfaction with life
- incapacity to obtain reward
are what we're characterized by - leading to disorder.

The general observation that sub-optimal reward (ie not getting a good feeling) from one's daily life leads to disorder.

Therein lies the difference between ADDers and nonADDers - it all depends on whether the trappings of materialism can sufficiently activate one's reward system.

I find that materialism has the opposite effect on me - driven mad by people who are materialistic, driven mad by the planetary damage caused by materiaists, driven mad by the effects of materialists (advertising, toy companies) on perverting the child's psychological makeup away from doing good and into 'what's in it for me ?'

- find that in absolute silence in the sun with little to nothing (including need to achieve anything in materialist world)
- that things're absolutely fine

-- so wondering whether the cause of an imprisoned soul is simply the ascendancy of the materialistic reward system ie incarcerated by money.
As Gurdjieff explains the impact of the culture upon the personality of the child it becomes atrophied and ceases to grow which will result in the early growth of personality that will stop at a young age and externally we see men and women that are quite grown up that are still only emotionally a young age.

As they explained in the practice of self remembering we can't separate ourselves from the imitations and pretenses about personality which come to enslave us and we can return to who we really are such a return to our essential nature accompanied by a sense of liberation

To thyself be true is the first commandment on the path of self development in the obtaining of higher consciousness

SB_UK
07-30-14, 08:50 AM
To thyself be true is the first commandment on the path of self development in the obtaining of higher consciousness

But (as ever) you've gotta' understand for yourself what that means.

And whether or not one does - an individual will state that they are.

And the individual who is will respond - I have no idea what my self is.

Meaning that through loss of ego - the individual is true to their true self.

Because the ego is false self.

-*-

True to self is to lose ego ie sense of false self.

Thnk tearing up CV - tearing my ego - not needing to define oneself with labels
just happy through existence.

That is true to your true (spiritual) self.

Simplest way of expressing it - happiness regardless of accomplishments
- very difficult to achieve.

Accomplishments can be a path to Hell.
It all depends on why you're doing them.
Same act can lead us to Heaven or Hell..

What matters is motivation.

Doing to give or doing to take.

That's all.

Personal motivation towards making the world better as a psychoneurological shift from 1 reward system to another far better one.

It's good to be good but you need to know (transition to wisdom) how.
http://www.goodreads.com/quotes/383761-it-is-fun-to-have-fun-but-you-have-to