View Full Version : Weight Loss on Adderall XR & Wellbutrin

releko
07-30-14, 04:07 PM
I've been taking 25mg of Adderall XR and 300mg of Wellbutrin daily since December 2013. Since then, I've lost all of the weight I had gained when I was on Abilify, but it doesn't seem like my weight has leveled out. I'm back to the weight I was five years ago, and I'm in a healthy range, but my problem is in my face. It looks drawn and my cheeks are gaunt. I haven't changed my diet at all, and I can't seem to gain anything. I'd be happy putting on 5 pounds just so my face will fill out some! Anyone else have this issue or suggestions?

Thanks!

sarahsweets
08-04-14, 04:23 AM
The best advice I have is to have snacks that are wholesome yet higher calorie and somewhat healthy. I used protein shakes for this purpose. I at one point mixed them with a little frozen yogurt so they were like dessert. Also eating multiple meals on the smaller side throughout the day helped as well has full fat milk, yogurt, butter etc. Not overdoing it just as a way to add more calories to your daily intake.

ElevatorMusic
08-10-14, 08:08 AM
I don't enough enough, hence weight loss. Apart from coffee, I'm not that interested in food. You'll find that the reason you're losing and not gaining is simply a calorie deficit - you're eating less than you are expending.

High calorie, nutrient dense foods are a healthy way to gain weight; nut spreads, full fat yoghurt, nuts (almonds, cashews etc) are all easy to eat and you don't need much. I use protein shakes too because I don't eat enough in general...use a good quality one and add milk (or soy), flax seed oil, fruit, yoghurt or cacao powder (whatever really). I've probably gained about 2 kilos just by having a shake every day for a month. It's not much but I feel better.