View Full Version : Abi's (& others'?) Weight Loss Journal

Abi
07-31-14, 09:38 AM
Thursday, July 31

Weighing in at a massive 262 lbs on a 5'11" frame.

BMI: 36.7

================================================== ==========

I start my new exercise plan tomorrow.

I shall keep you all informed of my progress.

Abi
07-31-14, 09:47 AM
Feel free to hijack with your own weight loss / gain efforts.

Fuzzy12
07-31-14, 10:02 AM
Sigh, I really should join this. I've been planning to lose some weight for months but now I'm going on holiday for a month so it might be difficult to stick to any plan. :rolleyes:

I haven't weighed myself in ages and I'm never sure about my exact height but roughly:

Height: 166cm
Weight: 72kg
BMI: 26.1
Overweight

Sigh, according to the equivalent rates for south Asians though, based on my BMI I'm obese (since we are more vulnerable to diabetes and heart disease apparently..:rolleyes:)

Best of luck Abi, what's your exercise plan if you don't mind sharing?

Abi
07-31-14, 10:21 AM
No idea.

I have my first meeting with my trainer tomorrow.

Unmanagable
07-31-14, 12:50 PM
What about the nutritional aspect? Does the trainer include that, or is it strictly physical attempts?

phantasm
07-31-14, 02:41 PM
Great idea, Abi!!!! :goodpost: I'll play!!! I'll be back to post my stats as soon as I figure them out. Yay!!!

stef
07-31-14, 04:28 PM
i don't have stats but i am probably 15 lbs too heavy for my small frame. my clothes feel wrong. i don't even overeat, if i did i would really have a problem.
if i'm super careful maybe i can lose a few pounds before i visit the states again in August.
i walk qt least 40 mn per day.

silivrentoliel
07-31-14, 06:06 PM
I'm overweight enough that I could essentially be lugging around a small child... I'm not posting my stats, but I need to get my *** in gear and do something about it. Too bad I lack motivation for *everything* lately.

MADD As A Hatte
07-31-14, 07:00 PM
Abi!!! Good on ya mate, this is quite something to get started on.

I'm too thin for this. thanks to my Concerta diet. But I do ZERO exercise, so can I play too? with a long-held ambition of improving my cardio health, strength, and whatever else menopausal women are supposed to do to look after themselves?

What did your trainer suggest?

phantasm
07-31-14, 09:39 PM
My current weight:

167 pounds
28.7 BMI
5" 4' Height
40 Age

I feel in perfect health when I weight 145. That was 10 years and 1 child ago. :(

Realistically, I would like to shoot for 155 to start. I mean, that would seriously make me the most happiest person ever.

I know exactly what to eat, and how to lose weight very healthy, I just keep giving in to my temptations and getting lazy. And I just LOOOOOVE to cook and eat....everything!! :giggle: I forget about the whole moderation thing though. Ugh!

I need to be better to my health and my body. No more excuses! :yes:

MADD As A Hatte
08-01-14, 12:54 AM
Here's an online BMI calculator, from The Beeb.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/health/tools/bmi_calculator/bmi.shtml

It's tres nifty! You use the sliders on each axis to select your height and weight.

Best thing is, it calc's on EITHERor BOTH imperial / metric units.

Let's say know your height in feet & inches:
you first click on the little box at top right of the chart, select imperial;
then use the slider for your height;

then go the little box, and select metric
before using the slider to select your weight.

Or vice versa! There's a description underneath of your BMI, and health consequences / remedies.

I need to get out and do some brrrrrrrisk walking. Hup two, hup two ...

Abi
08-01-14, 03:19 AM
T - 4hrs 40 mins.

A bit nervous.

Fuzzy12
08-01-14, 03:28 AM
training in 4h or for 4h? :eek:

it's good you've got a trainer. I think that can really help with motivation and most importantly not injuring yourself if you are doing weight training.

have lots of fun and let us know how it went!! :grouphug:

Abi
08-01-14, 03:30 AM
IN 4 hours.

FOR 1 hour

MADD As A Hatte
08-01-14, 03:46 AM
Which look are you going for? Headband and spangly singlet, like Richard Simmons? Or trackies and an old Ramones tshirt?

Is this in a gym? Or outdoors? Sooooo many questions!

Abi
08-01-14, 03:51 AM
Shorts and old T-shirt.

Inside a gym.

Fuzzy12
08-01-14, 03:57 AM
Which look are you going for? Headband and spangly singlet, like Richard Simmons? Or trackies and an old Ramones tshirt?

Is this in a gym? Or outdoors? Sooooo many questions!

:lol:just imagining abi in sparkly leggings and a head band 80's style..or earlier??

os a spangly singlet..is that a one piece made from spandex?:lol:

1h is good. Just don't overdo it and don't break anything!!

Abi
08-01-14, 04:14 AM
Now MADD As A Hatte has gotten it into her MADD head that I'm out to impress some "bird" :doh:

MADD As A Hatte
08-01-14, 04:27 AM
Well, truuuuuuly, why else does an intelligent, funny slightly cynical man SUDDENLY leap off the couch and into his running gear?

Girlies! Please! Back me up here!!!

Disclaimer: the only reason I ever got my Jane Fonda aerobics leg warmers and tights on, and did bloody step classes, was because of a gorgeous boy in San Francisco, called Tom. And it WORKED!!

Fuzzy12
08-01-14, 04:37 AM
if you are trying to impress a bird i d lay off the spandex;)

MADD As A Hatte
08-01-14, 04:44 AM
Thank you, Fuzz.

See??? Not such a far fetched assumption!

sarahsweets
08-01-14, 04:48 AM
I lost a ton of weight years ago but when I relapsed on alcohol a year and a half ago I packed on 20 lbs of pure wine weight. Even when I stopped it just stuck to my as* no matter how much I changed my eating habits. What solved that problem was finding a trainer and rigorous working out every day. The trainer was the best money I ever spent. Ive put on some decent muscle particularly in my legs from running and my biceps from trx workouts. I'm very proud of my arms now.
I weigh about 147 and I'm cool with that.
Abi - its going to be hard and you'll feel like an out of shape butthead but I swear that is only temporary. You do get stronger and have stamina a little bit at a time.

MADD As A Hatte
08-01-14, 08:55 AM
Abi, did you survive?

Abi
08-01-14, 09:07 AM
It was just Admin, Health Check, blah blah blah

Real stuff starts on Tuesday.

I'm not going to be allowed to eat sugar or drink soft drinks, and I'll have to eat vegetable :(

Abi
08-01-14, 11:33 AM
Unmanagable (and SB UK and crew) will be happy to note that nutritional and dietary changes will be a key part of my fitness plan as per Trainer's instructions (:()

Fuzzy12
08-01-14, 12:46 PM
It was just Admin, Health Check, blah blah blah

Real stuff starts on Tuesday.

I'm not going to be allowed to eat sugar or drink soft drinks, and I'll have to eat vegetable :(

Vegetables are good!!! I pretty much only eat vegetables (& fruits, grains, etc...:rolleyes:)

Unmanagable
08-01-14, 03:12 PM
Good for them including the basics that help build the healthy foundation!! Give your trainer a big hug for me. :)

And thanks for the prompt to remember to exercise on purpose. I'm coming at it from the other end of the spectrum. Got the cellular level worked out better than the physical endurance part. Bleh. Let's find some of that damn balance I hear them speak of. :)

phantasm
08-01-14, 04:20 PM
Abi - Great job for getting a trainer. It's great to have that accountability, but also someone to show you how to exercise correctly. I went to the gym on a regular basis for about a year, then got to try out a trainer for 2 weeks and boy oh boy, I was doing weights and excersise all wrong!! Who knew?? They should me how to breath, use the correct weights, and the best machines for my body type, and it made ALL the difference in the world. That knowledge is priceless.

I went for a long walk last night. 45 minutes, which is great for me! :yes:

MADD As A Hatte
08-01-14, 06:18 PM
A Bloody Mary is FULL of vegetables, and low carb. ;)

http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/alcoholicbeveragerecipes/r/bloodymarydrink.htm

MADD As A Hatte
08-07-14, 08:46 AM
Soooooo ... Tuesday. How did your training session go?
A full report s'il vous plait.
MADD

Abi
08-07-14, 09:31 AM
I skipped Tues I was sick but I just came back from my first session.

It was sore and sweaty but worth it.

Trainer is great.

Tomorrow again.

MADD As A Hatte
08-07-14, 09:58 AM
I skipped Tues I was sick but I just came back from my first session.

It was sore and sweaty but worth it.

Trainer is great.

Tomorrow again.

You bewdy, mate!! Well done.

You might wake up with some achy muscles. If so ... Have a really hot shower, rub in some Dencorub, gargle a few ibuprofen, and get back into it!!

No pain no gain. Nike poster, 1985.

For whom are you going to be the poster boy?

Hathor
08-07-14, 10:20 AM
Thursday, July 31

Weighing in at a massive 262 lbs on a 5'11" frame.

BMI: 36.7

================================================== ==========

I start my new exercise plan tomorrow.

I shall keep you all informed of my progress.

I am about 180-185 on a 5'10 frame

but I have poor muscle mass and tone so I look fat and frail :(

I start skool in a month and have been dabbling in exercise the last month or two, but I need to step it up to make a good impression the first day.

So if you slack of I will positively bite you, and I expect the same in return.

Unmanagable
08-07-14, 04:55 PM
If you have a bath tub, get ya' some Epsom salt and soak in it. It does wonders relieving pain and it adds magnesium to your bod. I soak in the mornings, too. It does wonders in getting things loosened up to take on a full and active day.

Way to go, ya'll!!! :D

I've been adding more living room dancing to my days for extra cardio, and at least one good stretch session a day. There's a music fest less than a month away and I need to be ready to boogie for 4 days straight. :) Oh!!! And we're having a hula hoop making party at my place Monday night. That's fun exercise, too!!

Hathor
08-08-14, 10:23 PM
Today did 22 mins on stairclimber and a short break-in type workout on Chest and Triceps.

Can I bite you Abi? I like to bite but I would rather see you work your will :)

Hathor
08-09-14, 09:33 PM
Well truth be told I will not bite you abi, but I feel as KISSinger and shapeSHIFTER unto KISSHIFTER, so prepare to eat and O Henry while I shape my singer into LOL LOL LOL

I would not make you kiss Henry, trust me (http://www.addforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1671352&postcount=16)

Today I did 33 mins cardio and burned my calves, so I guess I am a cow now while you kiss false henry. When glutes I guess it is back to eeyore.

I am an expert at starting and stopping, so perhaps I can help.

Do you have any home equipment?

Abi
08-10-14, 06:20 AM
Nope, I go to the gym.

Hathor
08-10-14, 09:28 AM
Well I prefer the gym too, but it may help to have some equipment at home for those times you can't get to the gym. Even a matt and a few dumbells may help a lot

If they have craigslist in the underworld it will have no cheap equipment, as up here it is flooded with great deals by people who stopped using it, and "as above so below" is a mirror image, but mirrors are tricky

peripatetic
08-10-14, 01:23 PM
so proud of you, abi :) xx

MADD As A Hatte
08-13-14, 08:20 AM
Hey Slim, how about a progress report? ;)

Unmanagable
08-22-14, 03:20 PM
How's it goin', everyone?

I've been slacking the last few days, but am kicking it back into gear today. Just found out my favorite band of the festival I'm going to is gonna play 4 sets, so I need to increase my boogie stamina big time. :)

Abi
08-22-14, 03:24 PM
I've lost 10 lbs so far. 60 odd to go.

I'll post a detailed summary next week.

TygerSan
08-22-14, 03:35 PM
Nicely done, Abi.

I keep peeking in here for inspiration. I'd like to lose 10 more pounds, but I seem to be stalled. Need to start tracking religiously again, but it's so hard. :(

Abi
08-22-14, 04:45 PM
You lost a LOT Tyger; I'm in awe of you.

Hathor
08-22-14, 04:58 PM
I have not weighed myself yet but have not missed any workouts since last post.

But a few days ago I put on a pair of shorts I have not worn in at least 5 years, so it is doing something.

MADD As A Hatte
08-22-14, 07:24 PM
I've lost 10 lbs so far. 60 odd to go.

I'll post a detailed summary next week.

Slimmer and sexier by the minute!

10 pounds!! Four more and the first stone will have been thrown!.

And you're now down a dress size, I think?

Abi
08-22-14, 07:46 PM
You know I'm a boy, right?

MADD As A Hatte
08-23-14, 12:57 AM
Dress size. It's a figure of speech, darl. Women use it as a weight loss reference.

That said, yes I know you're a bloke. But who's to say you don't secretly frock up every once in a while! A nice little Osti perhaps?! http://vintagebirdgirl.blogspot.com/2012/11/osti-frock-friday.html?m=1
;)

SB_UK
08-25-14, 01:23 PM
Unmanagable (and SB UK and crew) will be happy to note that nutritional and dietary changes will be a key part of my fitness plan as per Trainer's instructions (:()

Veggie mite.

ps bare foot running !! on grass

It's exceptionimundo.

(make sure there're no whoopsies on your route)

SB_UK
08-25-14, 01:28 PM
You know I'm a boy, right?

Avatar change to veggie smoothie.

waiting!!

Background - some place with lots of exercise machines.

Not boy in bar with alcohol <- see Ned Flanders for more.

Joker_Girl
08-27-14, 11:57 AM
Good on you!

I started a diet called nulean. I pussed out the first two times I started it due to hunger. I would make it a day or day and a half.

I don't recommend it. It's too hard. It's supposed to be a cleanse, to get rid of toxins in your body. That supposedly are making you fat. It's expensive. You take these vitamins, and each day, you drink for breakfast a tablespoon or so of this powder in water, then this again for lunch, and at supper a 400-500 calorie meal of fish or chicken with steamed vegetables. So approximately 700-800 calories a day.

Nothing you eat on this diet tastes good, but it hardly matters, because as soon as the nasty little shake you have for breakfast wears off (approximately 20 minutes), you will begin to get hungry. Get used to it. This is how it will be from now on. Dry fish and steamed broccoli never tasted so good. I literally wouldn't work even five minutes late, because I was so anxious to get home and eat. I cheated once and had a banana. It was like the nectar of the gods.

I was tired and crabby all the time, and constantly worried about food. The lady told me, "You may have a few hunger pangs and your stomach may make a bit of noise the first day as you adjust to it." This may be the understatement of the year.

I made it three days a few times before caving.

Finally, I did manage to make it 6 days, and you're supposed to make it 7 days, but I was weighing the next morning, and as soon as that was done, I ate. I had lost a total of 7 lbs, likely most of it water.

That evening, I had a huge steak quesadilla, with a strawberry margarita, and I just couldn't feel guilty. I was going to resume the diet Monday, but I haven't done so.

The lady talked about using the diet to make "lifestyle changes", and I agree, it encourages certain vegetables, of course that's healthy. But some veggies are discouraged for having too much sugar, and also discouraged are fruits, milk/cheese, sugar, bread, any carbs, beef, pork, eggs, shellfish, etc. No butter, or other fats.

It's all good up to a point. That's not something I have the willpower to do.

And being hungry 24/7 puts my willpower in the trash.

I may just try to cut carbs/calories etc a bit, and continue the vitamins. Dropping from probably 1500-2200 or so calories a day down to 700 or so, I seriously felt.

TygerSan
08-27-14, 01:20 PM
I find that if I flat-out deny myself anything, it's not going to work. I *need* to have the out in order to have a treat every now and then (ever tried *not* to think of a pink elephant? The more I deny myself, the more I miss!).

Low-carb did not work at all for me because not only was I depriving myself of things like veggies and fruits (especially fruits!), I also became extremely crabby.

I've done extremely well with Weight Watchers online (which is essentially just a glorified calorie counting app, with the difference that fruits and veggies are not counted into your daily allotment). They give you cheat calories, also, so you can have an occasional beer and not feel guilty. (as an aside, you'd be shocked at how many calories alcohol has :faint:)

That said, I've gotten worse and worse at continuing to track via the app, so I think I need a refresh. :doh:

Abi
08-29-14, 01:55 PM
Friday, August 29

Weight: 252 lbs on a 5'11" frame.
Weight Loss To Date: 10 lbs

BMI: 35.3

TygerSan
08-29-14, 06:11 PM
That's a great start, Abi.

I started at 222 lbs at 5'6", pretty much precisely a year ago. (BMI 35.8, obese)

Now I'm down to 158 lbs (BMI 25.5, just barely overweight). It hasn't been easy, but it is possible.

Hathor
08-29-14, 08:06 PM
after about 3 weeks of dedicated training consinsting of:

Weights 3 days a week, 22 mins on stairclimber on weight day.

Cardio only days, 3 days a week, 44 mins on stairclimber.

Also long brisk walks and relaxed bike rides (one or the other, occasionally both) nearly every day.

Weight has not changed in this 3 weeks, (~182 lbs, 5'10) but I would guess my BMI has.

Laserbeak
09-01-14, 08:15 AM
I was the largest I've ever been like around 310 lbs. when I started Adderall, now after a bit more than a year, I'm down to 250-260 (goes back and forth). I am 6'2" so it's not too bad, but I could lose another 50 lbs. or so. I've been kind of stuck here for the last few months. I need to start exercising or go on the low-carb diet. I lost a lot of weight on that before and never had any hunger... you can eat a big-as-you-want prime steak with béarnaise sauce! Just no potato on the side.