View Full Version : Nirvana,..where have i been the whole time

khan112794
08-03-14, 01:34 PM
This guy at GNC just told me that once he took this supplement he felt like he was on the best adderal ever. Have you guys ever tried Nirvana, its expensive as fuark but I wanna know its effectivity. i mean if it claims what is has its the best mix for focus. Its called Nirvana by american muscle. I am curious to hear what you guys think. Please input if u tried it.

here is the product info
https://americanmuscle.us/wp-content/themes/americanmuscle_carousel/images/facts/nirvana.jpg

it's $7 on amazon, i wonder if i can use it as a real substitute.

InvitroCanibal
08-05-14, 08:19 AM
the ingredients

Serving Size 3 Vegetarian Capsules
Servings Per Container 60
Amount Per Serving % DV
Vitamin C (as Ascorbic Acid) 150.00 mg 250%
Thiamine (as thiamine HCl) 100.00 mg 6667%
Niacin (as Niacinamide) 20.00 mg 100%
Vitamin B-6 (as Pyridoxine HCl) 2.00 mg 100%
Folate (as Folic Acid) 200.00 mcg 50%
Vitamin B12 (as Cyanacobalamin) 250.00 mcg 4167%
Cognitive Cholinergic Support 525.10 mg **
Cerebrovascular Reserve Technology 595.00 mg **

First of all.. i've never heard of cerbebrovascular reserve technology as a supplement but if I had to guess, that is probably just caffeine with a stupid name.

The choline, is cheap like 7 bucks for a huge bottle.

I don't know why the hell you'd take vitamin C as a cognitive enhancer.

That vitamin b12 is cyano coabalmin, cyano cobalmin induces cyanide poisoning at those levels. ...woo fun party there.

You'd want methylcobalmin if you were going to supplement it or, if it is cyano cobalmin, it needs to be at or near the RDA to avoid cyanide poisoning.

So all in all, if you want cyanide poisoning, expensive caffeine, and a fancy bottle that costs 80 dollars at GNC, then by all means, have fun.

I'll stick with my actual adhd meds and not crappy gimicks.

Although, if you want something that does work but isn't a stimulator, you could always opt for the racetams.

Omega 3-6-9 are the way to go traditionally if you are against meds for some reason..maybe you're mormon, who knows?

Omegas treat adhd better than caffeine, caffeine just masks it temporarily, but it's not very good CNS stimulation without causing massive PNS stimulation. It's sort of why we don't use caffeine.

Anyways, those GNC people are entertaining but very poorly trained, and they are sales people, not nutritionists or doctors.

Hell, one time I went in there looking for choline and they didn't even know what it was or what it did. I spent like 30 minutes explaining neuroscience 101 to them while their eyes glazed over. If that stuff really worked, then why couldn't they pay attention?

SB_UK
08-12-14, 03:36 AM
'Nirvana' sounds like a waste of time.

The omega oils - only really found in a couple of places.

A fatty fish which is likely to be contaminated with human industrial contaminants and flax which can cause intestinal problems and doesn't taste very nice.

Have to be very careful with those types of fatty acids - they're just a-waiting to go rancid (oxidize) -
I wonder what cooking fatty fish does to them ?
Certainly commercial flax products go off after 30 days opening the pack.

I don't think nature 'd insist on us taking a food type which is just that difficult to source.

The only 2 'foods' which're easy to track down year around are veggies (biome -> butyrate) and not eating much (b-hydroxybutyrate) - both of which can be tied into helping ADHD. Bonus - enough for the planet, sustainable, compatible with personal autonomy, universally regarded as healthy ... ...
Intuitively connected to assiting the 'Thrifty gene.'

Somebody needs to check what happens the nerve is fed butyrate intead of glucose.

As echoed by the valproic acid (similar to hydroxybutyrate) model of autism where increased neural associations form - I think that butyrate drives nerves to assemble into complex structures, but carbs drive overgrowth.

-> -> -> -> overgrowth

->|
->\/
-> <- connectivity (quality of sensory experience ?)
->/\
->|

Have the feeling that the body and brain have different metabolic requirements for growth ie carbs/protein for body (growth meant to complete a few years into birth) and ketone bodies for complexity in the nervous system.

Of course - human beings don't have a culture of eating to this pattern - and the consequence, I strongly believe is the set of diseases of ageing.

Exercise potentiates butyrate production ie gets you through 'the wall' faster.

-*-

So - no surprise to anybody that human beings are all about the brain ie co-ordination, mind and sensory quality.
Well - I'm 100% sure that those features are promoted through a metabolic shift which favours nervous rearrangement.
Nerves aren't part of the growth/migration program which we associate with insulin, IGF-1, GH - and simply re-associate
- the greater the re-association the better.

So why aren't we simply just shifting our diet much as butterfly changes from caterpillar ?

Why are human beings stuck in the caterpillar stage (diabesity epidemic) ?

It's because human beings aren't allowing human beings to activate the reward system (personal reward) which is required to overcome selfish reward (money, carbs) because of societal convention.

You have to be viciously selfish to survive; you're taught to be viciously selfish by life.
And that adoption of the selfish reward system does not permit transition to the moral, personal reward system
- which occurs with a change in food preference from carbs to ketone bodies (not much food).

SB_UK
08-12-14, 04:08 AM
So described most simply.

Human beings adopt a global social structure which prevents us from undergoing the caterpillar butterfly transition (in reward systems prior to actual food intake profile)
- resulting in us all going pop.

The human population needs to grow up quickly - it's collapsing under diabesity.

And diabesity isn't a happy way to go.

Simply realise/apply morality and form a society in that image - and you'll open the door to a pattern of living which is compatible with your own health.

It's a simple idea.

SB_UK
08-12-14, 04:17 AM
So yes - brain + body have different developmental metabolic preferences.

We just haven't cottoned on.

Key in playing to mind is switching to social reward system.

ADDers derive little benefit from selfish reward system (need for meds) and so are predisposed in getting over the transition.

It's more a case of ADDers improving through understanding an idea rather than by having to take any drug/substance - and then living accordingly.

SB_UK
08-12-14, 08:25 AM
So - and simply.

Age of consumerism (with Insulin/IGF-1/GH foods) of high GI carbs, animal protein associate with the Age of Stupid.

Neural interconnectivity required for wisdom and sensory quality discernment.

Reason why - from the 80's (the rise of fast food) - we've been stuck in stupid (an age without novel, creative buzz).

Brain food is (close to) no food at all.

There's no way to cheat this paradigm through medications/delegation - you've gotta' do it the right way.

Next to no food, predominantly vegan fresh (we can't make animal food (and we don't need animal food) on the scale required) and much exercise <- makes Jack a bright boy
- otherwise our nerves won't associate - they'll vanish off to infinity like a rose sucker.

Lunacie
08-12-14, 12:49 PM
So - and simply.

Age of consumerism (with Insulin/IGF-1/GH foods) of high GI carbs, animal protein associate with the Age of Stupid.

Neural interconnectivity required for wisdom and sensory quality discernment.

Reason why - from the 80's (the rise of fast food) - we've been stuck in stupid (an age without novel, creative buzz).

Brain food is (close to) no food at all.

There's no way to cheat this paradigm through medications/delegation - you've gotta' do it the right way.

Next to no food, predominantly vegan fresh (we can't make animal food (and we don't need animal food) on the scale required) and much exercise <- makes Jack a bright boy
- otherwise our nerves won't associate - they'll vanish off to infinity like a rose sucker.

We can't MAKE animal food, but we can't MAKE veggies or grains or fruit either.

I think the right diet (the right food as compared to NO food) can help to manage ADHD symptoms.

But ADHD has been around much longer than the current trend to processed foods,
so we can't blame mental health problems entirely on our diet.