View Full Version : Withdrawal ..how long??

DeejayAng
08-06-14, 04:27 PM
How long would it take for Concerta to get out of your system?

addthree
08-06-14, 05:39 PM
I take ritalin and I never had any withdraw effects. Once in a while I get lazy and don't get a refill for 4-5 days and I feel fine. A little ADD. But no withdraw side effects.

aeon
08-06-14, 10:58 PM

A day at most.

CalmClouds
08-08-14, 07:25 AM
Hello,

There's NO withdrawal from Concerta.

- If your asking how long does it take until it gets "flushed out of your system", then just a day. Not even a day. (Once you don't take it,)

--

Love and peace.

Kunga Dorji
08-08-14, 09:06 AM

Less than 24 ours.

The drug is slow release- so the last methylphenidate gets released about 4-8 hours after taking the dose (I can't remember which).
The half life is around 4 hours-- (varies from individual to individual) so within 5 half lives about 97% of it is gone.

It is probable the the short half life of methylphenidate and dexamphetamine is the reason that there is little real physical tolerance/addiction to these things.

"Psychological addition"- which is the irrational, fear based, idea "I can't survive without this drug" is another thing-- but that is a question of neurosis -- not of true physiological tolerance.

Of course- if you have not worked to improve your attention and focus (coaching/CBT/ mindfulness) then, upon ceasing your medication you will be back at square one and you will feel as though you are addicted.