View Full Version : Going through an Anxiety Attack

MusiciansWish
08-07-14, 12:29 AM
I don't know what to do. I don't have anyone to talk to right now. I feel as if I am about to cry and feel panicky. I've taken all of my ADHD medication and destroyed them out of impulse and now I am just freaking out. My friends are either asleep or at work, so I can't reach them and my boyfriend is out of the state and asleep, so I can't reach him and now I feel alone...I need to see my psychiatrist, but I won't be able to talk to him for another month or so from now. I'm at that point where I don't think I can take much more of this anxiety and panic....

What can do? I am at a loss and I don't know who to talk to. I just need help.

vpilar
08-07-14, 12:39 AM
Hi, Sorry to hear that.
:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:
Do you have a family doctor? maybe he/she could help... what if you call your pd? ... as first step I would go to the closest pharmacy and ask them for the options...

It's ok! don't panic! When you get relaxed you're gonna figure something out

MusiciansWish
08-07-14, 12:42 AM
Hi, Sorry to hear that.
:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:
Do you have a family doctor? maybe he/she could help... what if you call your pd? ... as first step I would go to the closest pharmacy and ask them for the options...

It's ok! don't panic! When you get relaxed you're gonna figure something out

It's too late at night. . .and I don't have a doctor. After my original doctor's office went out of business, I didn't have the money nor the insurance to find another one. All of the pharmacies are closed.

I don't want to panic, but I can't help myself...I'm already crying and worrying my **** off. I need assurance...so bad.

vpilar
08-07-14, 12:44 AM
Sorry, I thought the issue is only the medication!.. but it's anxiety...
What if you watch a movie? wouldn't that make you feel better? ...

MusiciansWish
08-07-14, 12:47 AM
It's the medication and the anxiety. I just learned that Stimulant meds can cause Tardive Dyskinesia. I've only taken them on and off for at most a year and a half and now I am too scared to try anything else that messes around with my head. I need to talk to someone...any one who can ease my anxiety until I can talk to my psychiatrist or ask him questions. I wish my doctor was more available. I really do...

I have already tried that. No success. I have too much on my chest right now.

vpilar
08-07-14, 12:59 AM
I don't like to take medications either... But at the moment, they're really beneficial for me (I've been on Adderall around 2 months or so)... I'm trying to fix my life a bit now... and stop taking Adderall at some point...
Anyways.. there are many people who have been medicated for a long time and they are doing Ok!... (This doesn't stop me from hating stimulants! But at least I feel more comfortable taking them...)

MusiciansWish
08-07-14, 01:04 AM
Ritalin and Adderal was beneficial for me as well....(sigh) To be absolutely honest, it helped me do well in school, curbed my violent outbursts, kept me from being antsy, and allowed me to actually function better. It's not as if I hate them...I loved the fact that I was doing so well with them...and that i changed so much. I was planning to quit the medications after I was finished with my second round of college, but my anxiety made me afraid of them...far too much. I couldn't take it. Not only that the Ritalin, which worked for about a year, made my anxiety flare up.

I can't take it anymore. I haven't needed a professional so much in my entire life. Heck, I haven't felt as if I needed people so much in my entire life. I hate panicking. . .and yet I feel so terrible for doing so.

BellaVita
08-07-14, 01:35 AM
Hey - I'll PM you some chat info if you need someone to talk to. I may actually be able to help as I can relate/going through similar situation.

It's okay panic - you may need to or no way around it or just let it out.

I can strongly relate and you aren't alone in needing anxiety treatment and feeling despair.

I hear ya. :grouphug:

MusiciansWish
08-07-14, 01:52 AM
Hey - I'll PM you some chat info if you need someone to talk to. I may actually be able to help as I can relate/going through similar situation.

It's okay panic - you may need to or no way around it or just let it out.

I can strongly relate and you aren't alone in needing anxiety treatment and feeling despair.

I hear ya. :grouphug:

I'm trying to let it go, but I guess that I am afraid to. . .I always fear of panicking to the point where I get out of hand.

vpilar
08-07-14, 11:38 AM
I hope you're feeling better today :grouphug:

MusiciansWish
08-07-14, 01:30 PM
I hope you're feeling better today :grouphug:

Sorta...but not really. I'm just coming to the realization that I just threw out my medication without talking to my psychiatrist and I, without a doubt, think that I may have done the wrong thing by wasting medication and money like that....either way that'll be something that I will quickly get over. . . .

I wish that I didn't have anxiety. It just brings me down for days on end.

apoeticdevice
08-21-14, 02:16 PM
I am currently suffering through terrible panic attacks too. Have you tried meditating before? I did yesterday and it actually worked. Try out the Eluv products.

Little Missy
08-21-14, 04:37 PM
Sorta...but not really. I'm just coming to the realization that I just threw out my medication without talking to my psychiatrist and I, without a doubt, think that I may have done the wrong thing by wasting medication and money like that....either way that'll be something that I will quickly get over. . . .

I wish that I didn't have anxiety. It just brings me down for days on end.

Go to the nearest ER. I have had the same thing happen to me many, many times and they will always listen and prescribe you a small amount of anti-anxiety meds to hold you over until you can see your Dr. Sometimes they even give you some meds there and keep you there until they kick in and you feel well enough to go home.