View Full Version : BC ADHD Awareness Week Oct 13-19th 2014. Want to help make it happen?

ADDCoach4u
08-09-14, 06:45 PM
Hi,

Are you in BC and want to help raise awareness for people with ADHD?

Why not check us out and consider volunteering your creative ADHD ideas AND your talents to make those ideas happen for BC ADHD Awareness Week Oct 13-19th 2014?

Or help spread the word?

In 2013, volunteers from my Vancouver Adult ADD Support Group, myself and our partners had 80 BC ADHD Awareness Week events.

We had 2 information table events, and 78 libraries and bookstores in 23 BC cities had ADHD book displays and our poster and the 2 BC ADHD support group brochures & the Harvard Adult ADHD screener test.

We had 5 radio interviews and one newspaper mentions and a lot of mentions in social media and on other websites.

You can check it out at BCADHD dot com

Please contact me here or google my name for my contact info if you'd like to help out with your ideas and actions to help raise awareness of ADHD in a province that really needs it.

Thanks

mildadhd
08-10-14, 09:01 PM
Question for everyone.

I've been considering ideas to present, for ADHD Awareness Week.

And I get stuck.

There are people that feel the origin of their ADHD, is primarily genetic.

There are people that feel the origin of their ADHD, is primarily environmental.

There are people that feel the best treatment for their ADHD, is primarily pharma.

There are people that feel the best treatment for their ADHD, is primarily non-pharma.

I think combinations of all the above (and others) are possible.

But what do I tell people, who don't know what the origins and ADHD treatment options are, when people who have ADHD, can't seem to agree?

Opinions?

P

Hathor
08-10-14, 11:36 PM
Trick them into listening to you. :confused: I can help from Soren (http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/member.php?u=21525) :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lk9WB3xPOsY

ADDCoach4u
08-10-14, 11:54 PM
Hi Peripheral,

please contact me via PM here or google my name for contact info if you'd like to contribute your ideas and action to turn them into reality to make BC ADHD Awareness Week happen.

As for your other question, ADHD is 80% genetic but you need environment to trigger genes, i.e. epigenetics. It's a false dichotomy to say only one or other.

Same things with meds, they can be useful but even adhd pharma reps don't claim meds are a complete solution. meds work w/ about 80 -90% of adders if they give them an honest try, takes a while to find right med & right dose.

There is no one method that fits everyone to manage ADHD. Statistically speaking, multiple methods are the best way. Some prefer one or two, some prefer others. What ever works best for you.

Although some people claim only their way works. Just like some non ADHD ideologically rigid people do. my way is the only way your way is heresy.

If you want a few ways to try, google my post Top 10 Ways to Manage Adult ADHD.

I'm sure there are also plenty threads here on ADDforums where people debate different ways to deal with ADHD.

ADDCoach4u
08-10-14, 11:57 PM
oops forget the link was in my tagline. No need to google, just click:)

Hathor
08-11-14, 12:28 AM
Although some people claim only their way works. Just like some non ADHD ideologically rigid people do. my way is the only way your way is heresy.

You may have found my will to deceive alarming considering it is about your event :)

But I am about fooling these heretics by pretending I am on board with their dogmatic horse poop, and then when the chance comes they will hear it if they are not too far gone.

Also I was not thinking so much of your event for talking with P, but more in the lifelong vein.

I am interested though and like what I first saw on your link, as I can be hyper-aware at times, but pass me a textbook and it is lights out.

But maybe my hyper-awreness is normal and the mediocre mass is the way they are because of textbooks.

mildadhd
08-12-14, 04:25 AM
I think it is possible that some cases of ADHD maybe 60% to 80% hereditary.

P