View Full Version : Lack of Focus on Strattera?

Johngare94
08-10-14, 07:50 PM
Hey everyone I'm new here so I don't know what to expect, but I'm having difficulties with my current pill set up. I am currently on 20mg of citalopram, 150mg of wellbutrin XL, and 40mg of strattera. I've been on Strattera for a good 7 and a half weeks now, I've noticed slight improvement but they are not significant. First of all the talking and chatter in my head has gotten allot better, and I'm not of the rails hyper, and not thinking so fast the the point of loosing track of were I am. Although I haven't been noticing any improvements with my focus, which is incredibly important because I'm just about to start my first year of college on sept, 2nd. I was wondering i'f it would get better, or if this drug is even designed for focus. I thought of going up in dose, but its hard for me to make a choice on what to ask my doctor to do for me. As if I make the wrong choice it could affect me greatly in the first part of school.

Thanks for you time.

Johngare94
08-10-14, 09:17 PM
Hey everyone I'm new here so I don't know what to expect, but I'm having difficulties with my current pill set up. I am currently on 20mg of citalopram, 150mg of wellbutrin XL, and 40mg of strattera. I've been on Strattera for a good 7 and a half weeks now, I've noticed slight improvement but they are not significant. First of all the talking and chatter in my head has gotten allot better, and I'm not of the rails hyper, and not thinking so fast the the point of loosing track of were I am. Although I haven't been noticing any improvements with my focus, which is incredibly important because I'm just about to start my first year of college on sept, 2nd. I was wondering i'f it would get better, or if this drug is even designed for focus. I thought of going up in dose, but its hard for me to make a choice on what to ask my doctor to do for me. As if I make the wrong choice it could affect me greatly in the first part of school.

Thanks for you time.

I also want to know i'f anyone else has the same issues, and what you think of the drug as a whole for treatment of adhd.

philamom
08-11-14, 08:55 AM
Interesting question. My son just started strattera and I do notice he is alittle more calm but not really sure if he could sit and focus for school (which starts in a couple weeks). He is still only on week 2 of his weight dose so I am hoping it just takes some time, but not so sure