View Full Version : Curcumin?

demfabbones
08-12-14, 03:57 PM
I am on 50 mg of zoloft for anxiety but lately it just hasn't seemed to be enough. I'm exploring some OTC/natural remedies I could supplement with, and was wondering if anyone has tried curcumin? I have heard it recommended as a treatment for depression but not anxiety. (The "Not my first rodeo" Disclaimer: I have an appointment with my doctor today, and don't plan on taking anything without speaking with him first.)

In the past I've taken Chamomille, Kava, and caffeine to try to treat anxiety. Chamomile didn't seem to work, Kava seemed to actually make it worse, and I can't remember what caffeine did.

namazu
08-12-14, 04:15 PM
Curcumin is a compound in the spice turmeric, which is found in curries and other Asian dishes.

I've not heard of it being used for anxiety, and when I lived in South Asia I wouldn't say I noticed much decrease in anxiety symptoms that I could attribute to the diet.

But your mileage may vary.

I'd guess the doses in supplements are also much larger than you would get by cooking with turmeric, but probably not as yummy! ;)

Increasing the dose of Zoloft might be another option, even if rather "conventional", as might cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT).

Best wishes!

petester
08-12-14, 05:39 PM
Its not a herb but I take b 12 in synthetic form also as dessicated cow liver and it really works for my anxiety and depression if you try the liver tablets make sure the liver is from Argentina cows as thats the only place on that the cows diet is pure enough to take the liver on regular basis due to the amazon rain forest is what they feed on oh ya I also take glutamine which also helps alot God Bless